Space Hulk 3D rooms

Taeken

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really impressed with what Bruce has done there, but a project like that isn't something to be taken on lightly. I've been casting hirstarts blocks for a while now, mainly for fantasy... and with enough patience its definitely something anyone could do. Anyone who lives in america, thinks they can do it, and has the money. Do it. Anyone who lives this side of the pond... remember, postage and potentially duty+ VAT is an expensive extra surprise.

I'm not sure I'd go for the color scheme he chose, but hell, it looks slick. Hopefully we can get some pictures from people who give it a go. I'd really like to see it done in resin (an epic task) to keep it in line with GW stuff. Some people feel plaster is a bit of a weird modeling material when they are used to white metal, plastic and resin.

While were plugging non GW products (that are still relevant to 3D spacehulk boards) check this out World Works Games ... I've been making some Necromunda scenery from their PDFs and I'm eying up some of the ship intereor stuff for space hulk. What do people think? (sorry if this is a bit of a thread-jack) With access to cheap color copying onto card, this could be a fairly inexpensive way to making a 3D spacehulk board... light for transport too. Moderately flimsy, but easy to replace parts, unlike plaster blocks.

Archived