Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pre-Heresy Madness

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

hendrik

hendrik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,972 posts
as for poses with a fixed helmet, maybe you know a jouster who has a frogmouth helmet that can help you?

Edited by hendrik, 18 August 2010 - 03:59 PM.

WAR WITHIN, WAR WITHOUT!!

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,400 posts
Cheers guys. ;)

I can honestly say I don't know any jousters but I do have a working knowledge of medieval armour so should be able to draw some ideas from that and there will definitely be visors. :)

Still playing around with the armatures at the moment but have made some progress.

Posted Image

I've got ten of these on the go now so hope to have some proper progress shots up soon.

Pulse

Pulse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,858 posts
I am sure you can get some really good poses from those armatures. Where did you get them btw? :D

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,400 posts
Yeah, they're proving incredibly useful in terms of posing.

I made the armatures myself and cast them in white metal. Heck of a lot cheaper than cutting up terminators and I wish I'd done it years ago. :)

Captain Mick

Captain Mick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,858 posts
The armor looks very promising allready, cant wait to see another update :) .

My Archived UM Topic : http://www.bolterand...howtopic=151653 (Last updated 13-08-2010)
My Archived Death Guard topic: http://www.bolterand...howtopic=208519] (Last updated 21-01-2011)

New Deathguard Topic: http://www.bolterand...ed-death-guard/ (Updated 27-06-2018)

Pulse

Pulse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,858 posts

I made the armatures myself and cast them in white metal. Heck of a lot cheaper than cutting up terminators and I wish I'd done it years ago. :P

Good work Dogface, or... you could hire someone to cast in resin for you *ahem* ;)

Natanael

Natanael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,798 posts
It looks very good. The army is gonna be truly awesome when finished. I wish I had like, 10% of your skill :D Maybe I should start working on it...

- Natanael
The Tervigon and Termagants on my right unleash a salvo of spines and grubs at my small platoon, forcing Commissar Hogan to order his men to bite the Emperor's glorious dirt and go to ground. Casualties are light, and under Hogan's gaze everyone claims the dirt is delicious.

Six-barreled rotary cannon capable of solving 6,000 problems per minute. I love assault cannons.

"Are there wolves on Fenris?" I ask.
"Go and look for yourself" he tells me, "Go on".

Lord_Azoth

Lord_Azoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 157 posts
amazing as usual...the armatures look great..and the work on them amazing...cant wait for more updates!

Blckbuster

Blckbuster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 381 posts

Thanks mate! :D

Funnily enough it's a complete lack of finances that's driving this army as I can't afford any new models so have to make my own now. Most of the armatures for example are made from old minis that I've melted down. :D

you can sell even damaged old minitures for more than the value of the metal's weight, you could use fishing sinkers or wheel balancing weights instead

QUOTE (Chapter Master Ignis Domus @ Oct 5 2010, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Blckbuster @ Oct 5 2010, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
embrace the squat

The above poster is a true genius. All hail the mighty squat-spawn!

Dave the Twisted

Dave the Twisted

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 287 posts
Amazing work as usual from you. I really look forward to seeing some finished suits, but that does raise an interesting question. Do you plan on making casts? Or are you gonna build them from GS one by one?
Knights of Ultramar 2010: 10W 2D 12L ((Shelved for 2011))

Black Templars 2011: 5W 2D 5L

Seeking the forgiveness of the Emperor and Sigismund, I vow to wear this signature of shame for one year, as of March 31st 2011. May their mercy find me.

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,400 posts
Cheers guys! :lol:

Blkbuster: I tried selling the old minis but no one wanted them. I can buy white metal on line but it's getting the cash together in the first place that 's the problem. :P

Davethetwisted: What I'll probably do is sculpt them all rather than cast them. I really need the practice and I'm not too keen on casting stuff that GW produce, it just feels a bit wrong even if they are for personal use.

Axel

Axel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
You have problems in the best possible way. Keep it up!
Eagles may soar, but weasles never get sucked into jet engines...

Lamenter

Lamenter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 352 posts
Raising the bar yet again mate!
"They recruit them when they're twelve, thirteen, fourteen, with all that hate and that arrogance, just at the age you think you're bulletproof and nothing can kill you. Then they keep them like that..."

masteroftheforge.com - Artscale Space Marine Conversions