Pre-Heresy Madness

Doghouse

Cheers guys. ;)

I can honestly say I don't know any jousters but I do have a working knowledge of medieval armour so should be able to draw some ideas from that and there will definitely be visors. :)

Still playing around with the armatures at the moment but have made some progress.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2lihnbq.jpg

I've got ten of these on the go now so hope to have some proper progress shots up soon.

I made the armatures myself and cast them in white metal. Heck of a lot cheaper than cutting up terminators and I wish I'd done it years ago. :P

Good work Dogface, or... you could hire someone to cast in resin for you *ahem* ;)

Thanks mate! :D

Funnily enough it's a complete lack of finances that's driving this army as I can't afford any new models so have to make my own now. Most of the armatures for example are made from old minis that I've melted down. :D

you can sell even damaged old minitures for more than the value of the metal's weight, you could use fishing sinkers or wheel balancing weights instead

Cheers guys! :lol:

Blkbuster: I tried selling the old minis but no one wanted them. I can buy white metal on line but it's getting the cash together in the first place that 's the problem. :P

Davethetwisted: What I'll probably do is sculpt them all rather than cast them. I really need the practice and I'm not too keen on casting stuff that GW produce, it just feels a bit wrong even if they are for personal use.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived