Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Index Astartes: Angels of the Storm 2.75

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Master Gabriel Macleod

Master Gabriel Macleod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts
  • Faction: Angels of the Storm
Index Astartes: Angels of the Storm

"None can stand our wrath for we are the right hand of doom"

Origin

Tactial Marine
Posted Image
The Angels of the Storm where founded in M32 form the Dark Angels. The Dark Angels where ask if they would train this new Chapter. They responded by sending Master Gabriel of the 4th Co. and a squad of veteran battle-brother. He and his brothers began to train and indoctrinating them in ways of the Dark Angels. They named the new chapter Angels of the Storm. Master Gabriel spent the next century training and arming the new Chapter. As soon as they became fully operational they began their crusade across the Gaelore sector. The Angels spent the next fifity years purging the sector by putting down rebellions, xeno forces and the forces of Chaos. Once the crusade had ended they began looking for a homeworld from which they could recruit from. This took several millennia to achieve and it wasn’t until the Tibrius Crusade that they found their homeworld. During that time they recruited from many different worlds. The Angels spent the next century building their fortress-monastery and spent time studying the people of Calidor. As their fortress was being built they began their patrol of near by systems. They over a period of time they have earned a reputation of unflinching loyalty and honor.

One the Most hated enemy is Dagon the Destroyer a vile Chaos lord and his retinue of Fallen Angels. They have been hunting him and his retinue for centuries from end of Imperium to the other. It was in the year of 324M36 when Dagon first appeared at western edge of the Gothic Sector attacking worlds as he went. The Angels and other chapter responded to the incursion. It was on the planet of Darious Prime where the Angels learned that Dagon was the head of this incursion and his Fallen retinue where the forefront of every battle. It didn’t come to a head until the Angels found him on St. Daniel. As they enter the system they where attacked with fury unheard of. They plugged head long into the system. As they reach St. Daniel. The Angels began their assault on St. Daniel with all the fury of the Emperor’s might... Dagon lured them in thinking at they had him by the throat and defeat was imminent. The Angels made planet fall with three companies of marines and began their attack on Dagon’s forces. Mean while Dagon’s fleet hidden behind the planet, sprung the trap and began their attack on the marine fleet. The attack on the marine fleet was so brutal that the Angels’ battle barge Angel’s Fury was crippled beyond repair and rest of the fleet was destroyed piece meal. On the planet the Angels where fighting a fierce battle with Dagons forces and didn’t realized this all a trap until it was too late. Over three hundred marines lay dead or wounded. Dagon took great delight in his victory and he took what geneseed he could recover. Those marines that survived where sacrificed to Dark Gods of Chaos. As Dagon left the system, he torched the planet behind him leaving no survivors. When the Angels arrived to reinforce the other companies they only found fields of burning bodies and the pile of dead and defiled battle-brothers. The Angels vowed to capture and/or kill Dagon at any cost. .

Homeworld

The Angels of the Storm’s home of Calidor lies at edge of the Gothic Sector farthest from Terra... Calidor is covered in thick forests of pine, rugged mountains, deep canyons and large lakes. The people of Calidor live in fortify cities along river banks, lakes shores and along ocean beaches. People live in a semi-feudal age fighting over land and resources. People struggle just to survive with what little they can gather or hunt. Hunting in the forest is risking at best. There are predators the size of men stalking the forest. The game animals are large as well and very dangerous, also very hard to kill. Most people hunt in large parties to insure success. Some hunting parties are never heard from again. Each fortified city is a kingdom ruled by the noble elite. Each kingdom has their own knights and men-at-arms to wage war amongst the other kingdoms. Most warriors live and die by the sword. Honor and loyality are not given easily and he word is his bond. His sword and shield are his most trusted friend. Once in every ten years the Angels hold a Tounament of Champions in the Isle of Mann which last for 180 days. Where many a youth aspire to be honor to be belcome one of the Sky Warriors of Legend. The matches watch by the Chaplains of the Chapter, the match fought to the death those who survive are selected to become Marines and the rest are sent home in a pine box.

Their fortress-monastery sit inside the largest mountain on Calidor. The mountain is surrounded by a thick and ancient forest of 200 m tall trees. the forest is teaming with large predators and fell beasts. The poeple of Calidor call it the Black Forest is said be haunted with the cursed and the damned. Those that enter the place are never seen again. Those lucky enough to surive the Black Forest and reach the monastery become the Chapter's serfs and artificer. Most of the monastery houses the Chapter amd many of it many forges, valts, armory and cells. Deep within the mountain houses many of the Chapter's secrets and dungens. The Inner Circle is housed in the center of the fortress in the Great Hall of Heroes.

Combat Doctrine

The Angels are master of the mechanized warfare. They fight in armored columns. They also use blitz tactics to gain a tactical advantage over the enemy forces. They make great use of Rhinos and Razorbacks far more than other Chapters. The Angels have a large a mount of predators, vindicators and Land Raiders in their armory. Their bikes, land speeders and scouts are used as mobile recon and intelligence gather units. They rarely deploy by via drop pod, they prefer to get their feet on the ground first. Angels deploy either by Thunderhawk gunship or by transport to the surface.

Organization

The Angels follow along the same line as the Dark Angels. They company master, grandmasters and a supreme grand master of the Chapter. Angels also have an Inner Circle as well. They have ten companies of marines. 1st Co. is all terminators and 2nd is bikes, attack bikes and Land Speeders, 3rd to 5th are battle companies, 6th - 9th as reserve companies and 10th company are Scouts.

Belief

The Angels believe that the Emperor is a man and not a god. They believe to serve the Emperor is an honor and a duty. They honor their Primarch with passion and await his return. Also have a fanatical befief that all enemies of the Emperor deverve only death. They will not ally themselfs with any xeno, mutant and abhuman. They view psykers with suspicion this does not mean they do not have them, just watch them closely. The Angels hunt the Fallen with extreme prejudice and give no quarter. They believe that the Fallen have betrayed the Lion, the Emperor, people of Caliban and that they deserve no mercy. Most of the Fallen are executed in the field and those unlucky enough to be capture are interrogated for months. They gather all the information they can then execute them. Those Fallen that are of special note are sent to the Rock for father interrogation.

Geneseed

The Angels come from the Dark Angels and have no mutation in their geneseed.

Battle Cry

All Enemies of the Emperor Must Die!

Edited by Master Gabriel Macleod, 24 November 2012 - 09:31 AM.

All Enemies of the Emperor Must Die

Index Astartes: Angels Of the Storm

Chapter10_Angels_of_the_Storm.jpg

Shinzaren

Shinzaren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 989 posts
  • Faction: The Sons of Lightning.
Praise Be To Slaanesh!

In all seriousness, its a bit... bright? Plus the Purple and Gold immediately sets my thoughts to Slaanesh. Sowwy.

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,167 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Shadow
I see this Chapter as noble and royalty...what with gold and purple being royal colours and such.

Master Gabriel Macleod

Master Gabriel Macleod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts

I see this Chapter as noble and royalty...what with gold and purple being royal colours and such.

I agree, I'm thinking along the line of a knightly order, crusade chapter or an Unforgiven Chapter. if you guys have any ideaes let me know. if some could give me chapter icon ideaes as well that would help.

Thanks

Master Gabriel

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,167 posts
Unforgiven tend to be darker with reds, blacks and silver. I suggest a crusading Chapter along the lines of Black Templars. you could have it so the Neophytes/scouts are the squire/knight in training type character.

Master Gabriel Macleod

Master Gabriel Macleod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts
I have made a small update still in ruff draft stage but this is what i have so far. C&C welcome

Thanks

Master Gabriel

Master Gabriel Macleod

Master Gabriel Macleod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts
NO C&C thats sad either my IA is good or it sucks horriblely.

Here is pic of what i might paint them.

Tactical Marine

Posted Image

Vet. Sgt.

Posted Image

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,167 posts
I like the new scheme. The way the gold has been reserved for the chest eagle doesn't overpower the purple but at the same time is brought out by the large grey areas.

Shadey

Shadey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 295 posts
I have to ask, why would the Dark Angels object to "hunt the fallen with extreme prejudice and give no quarter" The Dark Angels do that themselves. Unless the Angels of the Storm techniques were threatening to reveal the secret, I can't possibly see the DA objecting. Certainly not enough to engender open warfare.

You should read through your article. There are a lot of tense errors and missing words, a little bit of repetition too. It's a fairly common mistake.

The Angels of the Storm where founded in M32 form the Dark Angels geneseed in response to a crusade in the Galidor Sector in order to reclaim the worlds for the Emperor

This sentence reads very unwieldy. Try cutting it into two sentences or rewording it to make it shorter.

Here is some bb code which may help you format your article. The first is a side bar, also available on the right side. Second is a black skull header, you can change text size, bold, italic as normal within the skull header or left/right sidebar text area.

[leftsidebar=title]text[/leftsidebar]
[skullheader=000000]text[/skullheader]

Your article is not bad, it just needs some work. ;)

92% of people make up random statistics and assign arbitrary numbers. If you are part of the 8% who don't, copy and paste this into your signature....

Master Gabriel Macleod

Master Gabriel Macleod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts

I like the new scheme. The way the gold has been reserved for the chest eagle doesn't overpower the purple but at the same time is brought out by the large grey areas.

Thanks, the color scheme is good. But the Grey is actual Boltgun Metal with babad black wash.

Master Gabriel Macleod

Master Gabriel Macleod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts
Here is a small update. hope you like it. C&C welcome

Master Gabriel Macleod

Master Gabriel Macleod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts
Here is a small update. hope you like it. C&C welcome

Master Gabriel Macleod

Master Gabriel Macleod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts
No C&C thats odd. Well i hope you guys and gals like it. C&C are still welcome folks.

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,167 posts
I have had a read though and am liking it so far. I shall re-read it after lunch and give you a more in-depth review

Master Gabriel Macleod

Master Gabriel Macleod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts
Here is a small update. As always C&C is most welcome

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,167 posts
Just read through it and so far it seems well set out and makes sense. My only complaint, and it's a small one at that, is several grammatical errors. Fix those and it's well on it's way to being completed.

The Normish

The Normish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,799 posts
  • Faction: Thinking of a new one
Um... To be honest, I could barely understand what you write. I'm sure the ideas are very good from what I've read in the comments (and I'm surprised they haven't mentioned this EDIT: Oh, someone did), but your grammar, punctuation, and spelling needs to be improved.

Okay, now that that's out of the way, I can see if I can comment on the fluff itself.
The only large problem I see is your involvement in the Age of Apostasy. I'm pretty sure Imperial records would have remembered if you fought alongside the Imperial Fists and the Black Templars during the Second Siege of Terra, and if you provided orbital support. Best to stay out of the official fluff concerning that. On the other hand, you could expand on your role in putting down rebellions during that time. The collapse of Cardinal Bucharis's empire seems a perfect setting for that sort of thing.

Lastly, I'm not a Dark Angels player, so I'm not sure about this, but do all Dark Angels successors have the Deathwing and the Ravenwing? I thought it was unique to the originals.

If you need any more help, feel free to ask.

Edited by The Normish, 11 September 2010 - 12:30 AM.

Master Gabriel Macleod

Master Gabriel Macleod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts
[quote name='The Normish' post='2509028' date='Sep 11 2010, 02:11 AM']Um... To be honest, I could barely understand what you write. I'm sure the ideas are very good from what I've read in the comments (and I'm surprised they haven't mentioned this EDIT: Oh, someone did), but your grammar, punctuation, and spelling needs to be improved.[/quote}

Thanks, i will fix those area that need fixing. As for spelling errors Im using Mircosoft Word which has spell and grammer checker(i truely love this feature).

[quote]If you need any more help, feel free to ask.[/quote]

I will do just that.

Master Gabriel Macleod

Master Gabriel Macleod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts
Minor update, added more to the Homeworld and will have more on how they they gain more Battle-Brothers.

C&C is most welcome

NightrawenII

NightrawenII

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,212 posts
  • Faction: Manticora Warriors
I do agree with The Normish, grammar, spelling and punctuaction is not your strong point.

The Angels of the Storm where founded in M32 from the Dark Angels geneseed in response to a crusade in the Galidor Sector. Master Gabriel spent the years(??) two and a half centuries training and arming the new Chapter. As soon as they became fully operational they began their crusade across the Galidor sector. The Angels spent the next hundred years purging the sector by putting down rebellions, xeno forces and the forces of Chaos. Once the crusade had ended they began looking for a homeworld from which they could recruit from. This took several millennia to achieve and it wasn’t until the Tibrius Crusade that they found their homeworld. The Angels spent the next century building their fortress-monastery and spent time studying the people of Calidor. As soon has their fortress had been built they began their patrol of near by systems. They quickly earned a reputation of unflinching loyalty and honor.

Ehm dude. Your Mathammer is even worse than GW's, and that's a big achievement, if you ask me.

#A 250year's is a hell of time. Nearly a half of Marine's lifespan in fact.
#B If they did not recruit until a Calidor, how they keep running for several millienia?
#C "... in response to the crusade..." is add odds with the following text.
#D So they spend a 100years doing practically "nothing"?
#E "They quickly earned a reputation of unflinching loyalty and honor" like all other Chapters, who did not turn renegade, chaos or something until this date?

The folowing text belongs to the other sections though.

The Angels hunt the Fallen with extreme prejudice and give no quarter. They believe that the Fallen have betrayed the Lion, the Emperor, people of Caliban and that they deserve no mercy. Most of the Fallen are executed in the field and those unlucky enough to be capture are interrogated for months. They gather all the information they can and then execute the Fallen. Those Fallen that are of special note are sent to the Rock for father interrogation.

Nothing new under sun.

It didn’t come to a end until the Angels found him on St. Daniel.

The winters are harsh and the summer is hot.

Don't say, :huh: and I thought the winters are hot and summers harsh. ^_^

The most notable of these is the Knights of the Cross. They are well respected and feared. No kingdom would take up arms against them in fear of being declared heretics or worse having their kingdom put to the torch. The Order accepts anyone of noble or common birth. Once they are a member of the Order are expected to follow the rites and rituals of the Order. New members are inducted as squires and learn what is to be a knight of the order. Once they have been elevated to rank of brother-knight they are expect to go on a quest for a year and a day. Once that is completed they are expected return to Order and train the new member in all the rite rituals of the order. The brother-knights elect new Master. He is responsible maintaining the fortress-monastery by collecting the tithes from the nobles and commoners a like. The tithes are use the feed and arm the order as well as build new monasteries. Masters also elect new Grand Master which oversees each monastery make sure that all rite, ritual and tithes are been properly done accord to the order exacting standards. The Supreme Grand Master is the head of the order and ocersees the Grand Masters. If the Supreme Grand Master dies then all the Grand Masters will elect a successor among the grand masters. This can take up to two years the choose a successor.

Hmm, and how is this connected to your chapter at all?

I sincerely points you in the direction of the Octaguide.

It may seem counterintuitive but in ancient warfare, fleeing from battle was usually a good way to get oneself killed.
~ Jeffrey R. Cox - Cascading Failure: The Roman Disaster at Adrianople AD 378

Give the peasants neither life nor death.

~ Tokugawa Ieyasu

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

~ Blaise Pascal

Master Gabriel Macleod

Master Gabriel Macleod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts

I do agree with The Normish, grammar, spelling and punctuaction is not your strong point.

The Angels of the Storm where founded in M32 from the Dark Angels geneseed in response to a crusade in the Galidor Sector. Master Gabriel spent the years(??) two and a half centuries training and arming the new Chapter. As soon as they became fully operational they began their crusade across the Galidor sector. The Angels spent the next hundred years purging the sector by putting down rebellions, xeno forces and the forces of Chaos. Once the crusade had ended they began looking for a homeworld from which they could recruit from. This took several millennia to achieve and it wasn’t until the Tibrius Crusade that they found their homeworld. The Angels spent the next century building their fortress-monastery and spent time studying the people of Calidor. As soon has their fortress had been built they began their patrol of near by systems. They quickly earned a reputation of unflinching loyalty and honor.

Ehm dude. Your Mathammer is even worse than GW's, and that's a big achievement, if you ask me.

#A 250year's is a hell of time. Nearly a half of Marine's lifespan in fact.
#B If they did not recruit until a Calidor, how they keep running for several millienia?
#C "... in response to the crusade..." is add odds with the following text.
#D So they spend a 100years doing practically "nothing"?
#E "They quickly earned a reputation of unflinching loyalty and honor" like all other Chapters, who did not turn renegade, chaos or something until this date?

The folowing text belongs to the other sections though.

The Angels hunt the Fallen with extreme prejudice and give no quarter. They believe that the Fallen have betrayed the Lion, the Emperor, people of Caliban and that they deserve no mercy. Most of the Fallen are executed in the field and those unlucky enough to be capture are interrogated for months. They gather all the information they can and then execute the Fallen. Those Fallen that are of special note are sent to the Rock for father interrogation.

Nothing new under sun.

It didn’t come to a end until the Angels found him on St. Daniel.

The winters are harsh and the summer is hot.

Don't say, :) and I thought the winters are hot and summers harsh. :)

The most notable of these is the Knights of the Cross. They are well respected and feared. No kingdom would take up arms against them in fear of being declared heretics or worse having their kingdom put to the torch. The Order accepts anyone of noble or common birth. Once they are a member of the Order are expected to follow the rites and rituals of the Order. New members are inducted as squires and learn what is to be a knight of the order. Once they have been elevated to rank of brother-knight they are expect to go on a quest for a year and a day. Once that is completed they are expected return to Order and train the new member in all the rite rituals of the order. The brother-knights elect new Master. He is responsible maintaining the fortress-monastery by collecting the tithes from the nobles and commoners a like. The tithes are use the feed and arm the order as well as build new monasteries. Masters also elect new Grand Master which oversees each monastery make sure that all rite, ritual and tithes are been properly done accord to the order exacting standards. The Supreme Grand Master is the head of the order and ocersees the Grand Masters. If the Supreme Grand Master dies then all the Grand Masters will elect a successor among the grand masters. This can take up to two years the choose a successor.

Hmm, and how is this connected to your chapter at all?

I sincerely points you in the direction of the Octaguide.

I will try to fix my spelling, grammar and punctucation. Just to remind you this not complete but thanks for the C&C. Will read Octaguide. and will follow its suggestions. If you have any ideas for my Chapter I would love to hear.

NightrawenII

NightrawenII

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,212 posts
  • Faction: Manticora Warriors

If you have any ideas for my Chapter I would love to hear.

Not exactly about Chapter, but anyway:

The interaction between DIYer and Liberite is expected to be in the form of dialog. You should reply directly to the C&C, because this way we could understand, what are you trying to do and offer more in-depth help... or pack up our Argument and wander away, but this doesn't happen often. :)

It may seem counterintuitive but in ancient warfare, fleeing from battle was usually a good way to get oneself killed.
~ Jeffrey R. Cox - Cascading Failure: The Roman Disaster at Adrianople AD 378

Give the peasants neither life nor death.

~ Tokugawa Ieyasu

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

~ Blaise Pascal

Master Gabriel Macleod

Master Gabriel Macleod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts

If you have any ideas for my Chapter I would love to hear.

Not exactly about Chapter, but anyway:

The interaction between DIYer and Liberite is expected to be in the form of dialog. You should reply directly to the C&C, because this way we could understand, what are you trying to do and offer more in-depth help... or pack up our Argument and wander away, but this doesn't happen often. :D

Thank you again, I was looking for in depth C&C and any ideas to add to my DIY chapter to flush it out is most welcome. As for spelling I write in American English not Queens English so some words may be spelled different. Like Honor(American) or Honour(Queens) same word and meaing but different spelling.

Edited by Master Gabriel Macleod, 16 November 2010 - 05:30 AM.

Master Gabriel Macleod

Master Gabriel Macleod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts
I add to Homeworld and edit some of the IA. C&C as always welcome.

Thanks
Master Gabriel

Edited by Master Gabriel Macleod, 10 December 2010 - 05:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users