Dawn of War II: Retribution

Artein

• 3 weeks later...

After playing Chaos Rising I suspect the "retribution" is more related to the Blood Ravens righting the wrongs in their chapter than the Inquisition being a major race. That's not to say I don't think it means the Inquisition will be present.

Also, *hopes for chaos terminator squads*

They have stated Dawn of War III will start production in February. I am glad that they are dropping Games for Windows Live with Retribution... I've had it with DoW II not working.

• 2 weeks later...
They have stated Dawn of War III will start production in February. I am glad that they are dropping Games for Windows Live with Retribution... I've had it with DoW II not working.

It's not GWL that irks (i was going to say something else) me, its STEAM!!!! I don't have the net at home

honestly i don't see why people are getting angry that there's only 4.

You know how many campaigns the first expansion had, one. there's more content now.

I personally can't wait for them to reveal some juicy secrets, and playing as orcs in a campaign makes me happy in teh pants

It's not GWL that irks (i was going to say something else) me, its STEAM!!!! I don't have the net at home

You live in a cave or something?

The Eldar Campaign Heroes have now been revealed along with a hint at the story:

Prophecy guides the Eldar Campaign in Dawn of War II: Retribution. Opening the campaign is Kayleth on a mission to reach a human, a “Scion of the Emperor”, before the Ork savages that are patrolling the area. The Ork Freebooters are getting in the way of their mission, and must be dealt with.

Each race is getting a new multiplayer unit in Retribution too - the Eldar get the Autarch, who is a call-in from global resources. When you summon the unit, you also get a volley of grenades which you can position as you like! More info here: http://community.dawnofwar2.com/blog-post/...e-eldar-autarch

• 2 weeks later...

This looks great! By the time the last DoW comes out, they will probably have all races. Seeing as this is on the Eastern Fringe, Tau perhaps? It would add an army that doesn't do combat very much, but will stay back and pepper your butt with Pulse.

I hope that they continue to work on the characters. They look great from a distance, but I'm sure they could add more detail.

But they also should keep working on that FPS they promised. I hang on Relic's every word!

One Inquisition hero does not make Inquisition faction. Think of Inquisitor Toth from vanilla-DoW. She may be just a character from the campaign or maybe just a one hero from Imperial Guards faction.

However she looks cool. :)

Well, we know it isn't Cyrus, since he is alive as well...It's hard to tell, but the ancient seems a substitute to Tarkus and Avitus...

Actually, if full purity is not the cannon ending that means probably the second good ending is cannon.

Ran

Well, we know it isn't Cyrus, since he is alive as well...It's hard to tell, but the ancient seems a substitute to Tarkus and Avitus...

Actualy it seems the ancient is a subsitute for Avitus, Tarkus and Thadues (spelling?) as he has a jumppack in the picture.

Archived