WIP: Blood Angel

darthgus

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Sh_4WpxvsiI/THzyhmypHoI/AAAAAAAAAFU/f4Dr83bcJa4/s1600/wip_blood_angel_marine_01.jpg

Okay so the GS work is rough and I need to do the shoulder pads, but this should give you an idea of how I'm getting along.

Do NOT bulk it out, man. Dornian BA's are cadaverous, not bloated. He's perfect.

Yeah I'm going to keep him lean and hungry looking. Still looking for a set of terminator shoulder pads I can use with this guy... in the bottom of the bits box some where... and I have 4 bits boxes!

hmm. i made the torsos on my truescale marines from normal torsos, too, not making it any wider. so the thin-look is puzzleing me... perhaps its the "belly" thats abit too long, yes? :x

ohh, and no matter how cadarvorous they get... i doubt the armor gets hungry and thin, too :D

hmm. i made the torsos on my truescale marines from normal torsos, too, not making it any wider. so the thin-look is puzzleing me... perhaps its the "belly" thats abit too long, yes? :x

ohh, and no matter how cadarvorous they get... i doubt the armor gets hungry and thin, too :D

then explain the current death guard, their armour got bloated and fat! ;)

then explain the current death guard, their armour got bloated and fat! :P

as the meat/flash inside becomes bloated the armour swells and buckles an bursts. all metal expands under heat and pressure ;)

And Chaos twists and bends both metal and flesh together. msn-wink.gif I stand by my opinion.

and i stand by the fact that chaos or not... a tank-like powerarmor doesnt suddenly just go thin becouse of the wearer^^'... if it did, try to imagine the 1k-sons xD

but well, yeah, on a serious note, its all looking really promising, would just bulk the chest and 'belly' alittle bit, though, and add a belt... the ghoulish-ness could allways be portrayed with the poses, imo...

and i stand by the fact that chaos or not... a tank-like powerarmor doesnt suddenly just go thin becouse of the wearer^^'... if it did, try to imagine the 1k-sons xD

but well, yeah, on a serious note, its all looking really promising, would just bulk the chest and 'belly' alittle bit, though, and add a belt... the ghoulish-ness could allways be portrayed with the poses, imo...

And how does a Daemon Prince's armour swell to 4 times it's size without buckling or breaking, while melding to his flesh? Chaos. Chaos corrupts all in it's own fascinating way (thin, bloated, or dust) and I believe darthgus has a wonderful interpretation of the Dornian BA's. Poses only go so far to give a model a certain feel. Yeah, add a thin flesh belt, maybe, but keep the gaunt look. He looks friggin awesome.

Archived