my forge world death guard standard bearer

chard289

hi guys, it been awhile since i last posted. life gets in the way of fun sometimes. here is a nurgle dude i hacked together from a few sources. the body is the death guard upgrade with the head replaced with the raven guard captain one. the standard marine arm has a banner from the nurgle dreadnought. the heads on his hip are from the dread and so is the nurgling on the corpse. the corpse came from the krone demon prince and the gun is part of the raven guard upgrade pack. the pack is one of my old rogue trader goodies. i went with a yellower color because i'm sick of green death guard. hope you like it.

gallery_41925_3215_32290.jpg

gallery_41925_3215_134240.jpg

gallery_41925_3215_54101.jpg

Good use of bitz and a paintjob with Golden Demon-Quality - all in all an outstanding piece of work/ART!

As a downpoint this fantastic mini once again shows how awfully misproportioned that chimp-standard-bearer-arm is - shame on you, GW-sculptor! :D

That banner has got to be top heavy...

Great use of parts though. I love that head and it really works fantastically here, the back pack is perfect, and the nurgling (as they always are) is disgustingly adorable.

Great work on the 'wet' parts as well. The corpse looks squishy and the shoulders look nice and fleshy.

Speaking of which, could you give us a better shot of that right shoulder pad?

Your attention to detail is great, and I'm definitely sold on a more yellowy Nurgle scheme. The mixture of the bits from different kits worked out great - can't even tell.

Dunno what else to say other than I really like it! Sufficiently disgusting up to proper Nurgle standards, and very well painted.

We have a winner!

You used the old backpack. I have a bunch of these, but they've been stripped or never were well caste to begin with, so getting them to look good is an extra challenge. I'm tired of backpacks in general, one of my favourite things about anything not in power armour is not having to paint the back pack. ;-)

Good work.

Archived