The DIY Swapping Project 2010

Hey all.

So I noticed this project was done each year after I left. I don't know when in the year it was done, but I know the first one I started around about this time of year.

For those who do not know what this is all about, here is a link to the DIY Swapping Project 2008. Included in the first post is a link to the very first from 2007 too.

I

So is now the right time to start thinking about the 2010 project? Anyone who helped run any year, if you want to help again please let me know. From what I can work out that's Ferrus Manus, captain Raiun and Barret, who I know helped out the first year.

Anyone know who made the sig banners last year aswell?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you sign up, could you please provide your DIY Chapter's colour scheme and a little background info. If anyone has an IA article or somewhere they can link to please provide it

Participating members

Reyner- Ghost Dragons

Vaaish- Nesewdjet-Nedjety

Brother Invilus- Unknown

Sword brethren- Iron Grasp

Dark Apostle Thirst- The Wraiths of Darkness

Dark Link- Steel Scorpions

Brother Cambrius- Sons of Doom

AngryJohnny- Priory of Dorn

Slyen- Unknown

KhorneHunter57x- Purifiers

StrangeGuy- Knights of the Silver Fist

Solid Zaku- Solidus' Legion

Recon0321- Knights of Tartosa

Chapter Master Ignis Domus- Iron Flames?

Silver Phoenix- Leopards Argent?

Brother Xeones- Jade Dragons

Khrangar - Emperor's Word

cheeseychaoslord- Daemonata

Those highlighted in yellow, can you please confirm the chapter you are submitting.

At least thats one :)

I'm hoping theres enough interest. It's been very popular in the past so I don't see why it can't be this year.

I'm gonna hold off calling this the official sign up thread yet, until I know theres enough interest.

So is there really not that much interest this year?

Maybe it needs a little nudge to the top :)

If my chapte get's done this time, I'm in altough I should mention that I won't be painting anything fast

Its Ok, you normally get a couple of months to do it.

There should be more interested when the thread is noticed some more...

(I can have a go at doing a signature if needed).

That would be awesome if you could make a sig. You can see last years in my sig, so you know the kind of thing we need. And then the people who have 'signed up' can put it in their sig and hopefully people will notice.

I'll stat listing the names in the first post.

I'd be interested depending on the time frame we're looking at.

I'd submit the Priory of Dorn to be swapped:

Priory of Dorn - Insignium Astartes

Priory of Dorn - Chapter Organization

Priory of Dorn - Ghulbain - Astartes Homeworld

Priory of Dorn - B&C Member Gallery

The Priory of Dorn is a 3rd founding Imperial Fist Successor. They are a mechanized siege force. The do not use any Plasma weapons, Missile Launchers or Lascannon weapons. They prefer melta or flamer weapons but will also use Heavy Bolters (Typically only used by 9th Company Devastators). All senior members of the chapter's hierarchy (Sergeants, Chaplains, Captains, Masters) are always armed with a power fist. The only tanks employed by the Priory of Dorn are Vindicators or Land Raider Redeemers. Additionally they use Rhino transports & occasionally Razorback Transports. They always enter the battle field by way of Thunder Hawk Gunships or Thunder Hawk Transporters. They never enter a battle zone via drop pod with the exception of their Dreadnoughts which are exclusive to the 1st company and only armed with Multi-Melta & DCCW w/Heavy Flamer. Terminators may use Land Raiders or Teleport into battle. The 1st Company Veterans use only TDA, and only the 1st Company has TDA. The remaining companies maintain 2 complete squads of veteran marines in Power Armor. The Priory of Dorn does not use any Librarians in their ranks; instead they have a greater concentration of Chaplains. Their Homeworld is Ghulbain, which is a heavily forested world.

How about the Lords of Shadow, unknowing puppets of yours truly? ^_^

I'll be back with a color scheme in a second...

EDIT: Bada bing bada boom!

sm.php?b62c=@h4Yf8_h56xX.hTSoJ_______.@.__..___@@@@____@@__@@@@@_____.hk62b@@@@@@@@@@@@@.iakk7&

They are loyalist, have Night Lord geneseed, protect that last bit of information like the Dark Angels, a successor of who they are very close brothers with

(so close, they know, advised them on keeping it secret instead of going on a penetience crusade, and have half their color scheme dedicated to them).

I don't see why not but this is shrikes project so lets see what he says.

EDIT: By the way, anyone who will let me use their Chapter Icon in the signature post in this thread and ill throw it on.

Warbands as in Chaos? Yeah I suppose. Some people might not have any chaosy parts though so they wouldn't look very chaotic...

Well, they actually don't worship Chaos... ;)

I'll be back with a link.

EDIT: The Wraiths of Darkness, who have no dedicated color scheme, just the symbol of a jagged blade.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=197313

Well after my successful works on swordbrethren's Iron Grasp Marine last year and Vaaish's Nesewdjet Nedjety previously, you know i'm in on this again!

Who knows, maybe this year someone will actually do my chapter and not fall off the radar... ;)

Link to my chapter including colour scheme is in my sig.

Cambrius

Reyner, any progress on the banner? The sooner we can get this out there the better.

I really want to try and make sure people see this through to the end this year. In previous years a number of people have fallen away, admittedly including me. But not this year.

I don't want it to be generally the same group of people but theres not much I can do. I wanna keep it open to any and everyone.

Now onto deadlines too. Im thinking about having the deadline to sign up this time next week? Then we'll do the draw. If anyone picks something they've had before we'll put those ones back in and draw again. Generally we have a time period of about 3 months to do the mini right?

So do we just choose a fellow frater's chapter to start doing, or are we assigned them to make sure no one gets left out, or what?

Ah yeah, should of made it more clear. When everyone has signed up, everyones chapter is put into a hat, and we draw one out for each member. So you'll be assigned one :)

So do we just choose a fellow frater's chapter to start doing, or are we assigned them to make sure no one gets left out, or what?

Ah yeah, should of made it more clear. When everyone has signed up, everyones chapter is put into a hat, and we draw one out for each member. So you'll be assigned one :)

Archived