Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Maximus' Army Blog.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

Maximus-92

Maximus-92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
Hey i just wanted to post up what i managed to get done this week.

First up is the vindicator.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And now some Terminators
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I started the vindi last saturday and finished the terminators about an hour ago.

And as a side note this is what happens to Deathwing Land Raiders when the space wolves "miss" with their orbital bombardments...
Posted Image

Edited by Maximus-92, 24 June 2011 - 10:02 AM.

http://www.bolterand...howtopic=209873
My week by week progress on my space wolves.

Maximus-92

Maximus-92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
Also i'd like some help with image posting, how do i actually display the image within the topic? Can i do this if i only have the images hosted in the b&c galleries?

CainTheHunter

CainTheHunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,682 posts

Also i'd like some help with image posting, how do i actually display the image within the topic? Can i do this if i only have the images hosted in the b&c galleries?

Actually, no, my experience shows that sometimes even overseas hosting sites are accepted :).

To show images in Your topic You have to use image tags on Your links.

Edited by CainTheHunter, 03 September 2010 - 02:04 PM.

Fus Roh Da!!!
http://www.bolterand...24_3229_326.gif

"I'll tell you this, there are only two forces in the Imperium: Space Wolves and Support." © Jonny Wolf
"By comparison, we get cavalry which everyone is rightly scared of (everyone else, because of what they can do, us because of the £ cost)" © eldaran
"No Chaos listed because Chaos is lame and just puts spikes on Imperial stuff, and therefore doesn't really need its own release." © The Emperor's Champion
Space Wolves theme song

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,729 posts
Trick to show your images here is to have the following code minus the full stops in it:

[img.]your image link here[/img.]

Your painting looks very promising, the battle damage on the vindo looks very good and the paint is smooth, as they are on the Termies. My only suggestion to to perhaps wash the models to help add some further depth, complemented by highlights.

Keep it up brother!

Cambrius

gallery_26154_15777_7413.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.pnggallery_48988_15094_15503.png

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,357 posts
Beautiful battle damage on the Vindi, nicely done! The termies are pretty high caliber as well.

Though my favorite is probably the annihilated Land Raider :) I can imagine the Techmarine aboard the bombarding craft, triple checking his sensors after the bombardment, slowly turning around, and walking quickly away while innocently whistling to himself, leaving a Servitor at the helm to take the blame later :) .

Edited by Firepower, 03 September 2010 - 03:22 PM.

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

Sharpsilver

Sharpsilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts
Haha, comedy gold with the Land Raider!

Excellent detail all over those miniatures!

S. Bloodhowl

S. Bloodhowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 838 posts
That stuff looks great. For posting your pics so they aren't links, just use the copy and paste BBcode that's to the right of the pic (top one)
Abbreviations are not usefull! They are just lazy and confusing to those who speak other languages or are not familiar with them! TYPE FULL WORDS!

My deviantART page

Maximus-92

Maximus-92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts

Thanks for all the comments guys, i plan to finish my jp wolfpriest conversion today, will post pics if i get him done.

Edited by Maximus-92, 21 August 2014 - 04:04 PM.

earthpig23

earthpig23

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 71 posts
Awesome work brother.

Love that destroyed land raider
Here I am and here shall I die

Maximus-92

Maximus-92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
I've actually developed a reputation at my local games store for "the guy who wrecks land raiders" the piece in the pic is always on the tables there and i've destroyed another two for tyranid conversions. The nid ones weren't mine, i guy who plays nids gave me two land raider and told me to tear em apart, hehe. The have big bugs bursting out from underneath them, they should look pretty good when they're done.

Maximus-92

Maximus-92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
Ok i've been painting for the last 7 hours or so (yes i am very slow...) and i've finished my JP wolfpriest! here he is enjoy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That stuff looks great. For posting your pics so they aren't links, just use the copy and paste BBcode that's to the right of the pic (top one)

Thanks for the help with image posting S. Bloodhowl

Hmm what to paint next... well i have a rhino and a pod to finish off and around 15 marines. What do you guys want to see next?
Wolf guard drop pod
Grey hunter rhino
Long fang squad
or Gh squad?

Edited by Maximus-92, 04 September 2010 - 06:43 AM.

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,101 posts
I absolutely love your wolf guard!!!!

Maximus-92

Maximus-92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
Thanks, they were alot of fun to paint.

Maximus-92

Maximus-92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
Ok i had to go out today to buy new shoes so i didn't get much done, i've made a small dint into my anti infantry lf squad (2 plasma cannons and 3 heavy bolters)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Obviously the HB guy has no gun but the rest of him is done and the plasma cannon is also completed. Well the weekend is over so i'll probably slow down a little but i expect to finish the squad by next weekend.

Posted Image

And this is just a stencil i made to spray oon my new case, my old one broke, i stepped on the latch.....
Max

Edited by Maximus-92, 05 September 2010 - 10:32 AM.

Maximus-92

Maximus-92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
Quick post, only got one long fang today, but i had school so..

Posted Image

Posted Image

He's a wip, other than the hevy bolter i also need to finish off a purity seal and the face could do with a touch up.

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

++ EXACTOR INFANS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,745 posts
These are all looking great brother!! I like the weathering on the Vindi!! And the WG with the power weapon that you changed the angel on looks great, love the pose. Going to have to steal that one!!

End of Line
Your Ad Here.

LoneSniperSG

LoneSniperSG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,512 posts

I started the vindi last saturday and finished the terminators about an hour ago.

And as a side note this is what happens to Deathwing Land Raiders when the space wolves "miss" with their orbital bombardments...
Posted Image

I love your work, Vindicator especially (gives me incentive to paint my two Vindi's), but that blasted-out Land Raider is freaking awesome.

I also like the stencil. Nice touch.

Edited by LoneSniperSG, 11 June 2011 - 09:42 PM.

n2k2mo.jpg51stcadianbanner3.jpg

Space Wolves Great Company of Ironfang - 3755 pts - 0/6/9

LIBERATION FORCE 221: 51st Cadian, 45th Cadian, 793rd Valhallan - 3743 pts 1/2/1
"In our hearts, we hold honour. In our hands, we hold thunder."
WH40K: SPACE MARINE (Xbox) LoneSniperSG

Maximus-92

Maximus-92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
WOW, some activity in here, i thought this little project of mine was long dead, due in no small part to my recent fascination with painting eldar... and my forgetfullness to post what few wolves manage to get paint on them. However i have been working away on the wolves and have some more juicy pictures for you all. I also swear on russ' honour that if i paint it and its in power armour ill post it up here (maybe with a few cameo appearances of the eldar in the background, to make the wolves look good ofcourse... ;) )

Anyway, on to the pictures. First up Ragnar himself, though with some not so slight modifications. He's still a WIP, he will have skin, eventually. tad scared of doing the face to be honest...)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Enjoy!, i also have a land raider on the back burner at the moment should be done by the end of tommorow, with some luck.

As it has been a while since my last update i have made progress on other parts of the army, do you guys want pictures of that too?

I'm also thinking of doing like a question of the week thing, Mostly to do with tactics as a way to generate some more traffic through this thread. More traffic (especially more replies) leads to more motivation, and hopefully not so many pointy eared git distractions.

So here goes our the first weeks question. Does anyone else out there field ragnar on a regular basis and if so in what configuration (Land raider? rhino rush, drop pod, wolf guard, GH etc)? And as a sort of mini question what are some of his most noteable kill tallies?

Max

Edited by Maximus-92, 20 June 2011 - 05:07 PM.

Wulfebane

Wulfebane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,335 posts
The yellow's a bit pale. Personally, I'd give it a thinned down wash with Gryphonne Sepia (or better yet, Yellow Wash if you have it). Personal preference aside, I think this conversion is awesome! Can't wait to see you tackle the face.

My finished pieces & WiPs so far.
ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_02.jpg Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gif   18.jpg
gallery_17224_3229_261.gif gallery_17224_3068_410.gif gallery_17224_3068_874.png

Maximus-92

Maximus-92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
In answer to my own question, ragnar is a mazing no matter what squad he's in, but grey hunters with a banner serve him best. Today he managed to slaughter 24 grey hhunters and a dreadnought all by himself before charging of wildly acroos the boaqrd which he had singlehandedlely cleared before unfortunately failing to dodge alot of long fang missle fire.

Also a quick update on the Ragnar conversion. The model is finished, im going to base him and then post some pictures tommorow night. The land raider is also very close to done, taking a tad longer than i thought, got side tracked into playing not painting.

I also wanted to tell everyone that ill be representing the wolves in a tournament this saturday with the following list

Ragnar 240

Rune priest, Jaws, lightning, Chooser 110

Land Raider, MM 260

3 wolf Guard

#1 P fist, Combi melta 48

#2 P fist, combi melta 48

#3 Combi Melta 23

Dreadnought, assault cannon, Heavy flamer 115

8 grey hunters, banner, melta, Motw 150

6 grey hunters, melta, power weapon 110
Rhino 35

5 grey hunters, melta 80
Razorback TLL 75

6 Long Fangs, 3 missles, 2 heavy bolters 130
Razorback TLL 75

I wanted to know if you guys had any advice for taking down fateweaver and 2 squads of 3 wound allocation shenanigan bloodcrushers as quickly as possible using this list. This fate crusher list is probly the biggest threat for me on saturday, i would have loved to have ulric but hes not great when not fighting T5 spam armies and he's to costly. I figure my best chance is to try and multi charge fateweaver with some bloodcrushers. Put ragnar and the MOTW guy in with the crushers and try to get as many fearless saves on to fateweaver as possible after the rest of the squad has all their furious charge hits on him. Would this work or would massed bolter fire do a better job? All of this is assuming Jaws (which has been decided by the TO to not need a to hit roll.) doesn't get lucky and solve all my problems.

Chef Wulfen

Chef Wulfen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 513 posts

WOW, some activity in here, i thought this little project of mine was long dead, due in no small part to my recent fascination with painting eldar... and my forgetfullness to post what few wolves manage to get paint on them. However i have been working away on the wolves and have some more juicy pictures for you all. I also swear on russ' honour that if i paint it and its in power armour ill post it up here (maybe with a few cameo appearances of the eldar in the background, to make the wolves look good ofcourse... ^_^ )

Anyway, on to the pictures. First up Ragnar himself, though with some not so slight modifications. He's still a WIP, he will have skin, eventually. tad scared of doing the face to be honest...)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Enjoy!, i also have a land raider on the back burner at the moment should be done by the end of tommorow, with some luck.

As it has been a while since my last update i have made progress on other parts of the army, do you guys want pictures of that too?

I'm also thinking of doing like a question of the week thing, Mostly to do with tactics as a way to generate some more traffic through this thread. More traffic (especially more replies) leads to more motivation, and hopefully not so many pointy eared git distractions.

So here goes our the first weeks question. Does anyone else out there field ragnar on a regular basis and if so in what configuration (Land raider? rhino rush, drop pod, wolf guard, GH etc)? And as a sort of mini question what are some of his most noteable kill tallies?

Max

what model did u use for this one?

Wulfebane

Wulfebane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,335 posts
Derp. I'm dumb.

Edited by Wulfebane, 23 June 2011 - 03:04 AM.

gallery_17224_3229_261.gif gallery_17224_3068_410.gif gallery_17224_3068_874.png

Maximus-92

Maximus-92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts

He used Kor'sarro Khan.

No, actually this is not khan. I thought about using khan but decided to use the wolf gurad with two lightning claws in stead.

Posted Image

The arms are all greenstuffed, as well as most of the cloak and all the diamond patterninng on the left shoulder pad. The old head just got clipped off and replaced with one from the wolf sprue and the hair was extended with green suff. My original idea was to pose him like aragorn from the return of the king movie posters.

Posted Image

Which i think turned out quite well.

Wulfebane

Wulfebane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,335 posts
Man, I'm still not used to seeing that wolf guard model. He was snuck into the catalog while I wasn't playing, and I don't see him often enough to be familiar with his composition.

What I'm trying to say is.... Excellent conversion!

Edited by Wulfebane, 23 June 2011 - 03:06 AM.

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,355 posts
Personally, the original head and fist size put me off so it nice to see how it can be used. Nice work.

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Putty & Paint gallery