Maximus' Army Blog.

Maximus-92

Hey i just wanted to post up what i managed to get done this week.

First up is the vindicator.

gallery_40388_5249_621427.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_420045.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_621427.jpg

And now some Terminators

gallery_40388_5249_663271.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_138106.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_139509.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_468432.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_218192.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_106243.jpg

I started the vindi last saturday and finished the terminators about an hour ago.

And as a side note this is what happens to Deathwing Land Raiders when the space wolves "miss" with their orbital bombardments...

gallery_40388_5249_35836.jpg

Also i'd like some help with image posting, how do i actually display the image within the topic? Can i do this if i only have the images hosted in the b&c galleries?

Actually, no, my experience shows that sometimes even overseas hosting sites are accepted :).

To show images in Your topic You have to use image tags on Your links.

Trick to show your images here is to have the following code minus the full stops in it:

[img.]your image link here[/img.]

Your painting looks very promising, the battle damage on the vindo looks very good and the paint is smooth, as they are on the Termies. My only suggestion to to perhaps wash the models to help add some further depth, complemented by highlights.

Keep it up brother!

Cambrius

Beautiful battle damage on the Vindi, nicely done! The termies are pretty high caliber as well.

Though my favorite is probably the annihilated Land Raider :) I can imagine the Techmarine aboard the bombarding craft, triple checking his sensors after the bombardment, slowly turning around, and walking quickly away while innocently whistling to himself, leaving a Servitor at the helm to take the blame later :) .

I've actually developed a reputation at my local games store for "the guy who wrecks land raiders" the piece in the pic is always on the tables there and i've destroyed another two for tyranid conversions. The nid ones weren't mine, i guy who plays nids gave me two land raider and told me to tear em apart, hehe. The have big bugs bursting out from underneath them, they should look pretty good when they're done.

Ok i've been painting for the last 7 hours or so (yes i am very slow...) and i've finished my JP wolfpriest! here he is enjoy

gallery_40388_5249_302318.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_428496.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_509790.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_259225.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_654839.jpg

That stuff looks great. For posting your pics so they aren't links, just use the copy and paste BBcode that's to the right of the pic (top one)

Thanks for the help with image posting S. Bloodhowl

Hmm what to paint next... well i have a rhino and a pod to finish off and around 15 marines. What do you guys want to see next?

Wolf guard drop pod

Grey hunter rhino

Long fang squad

or Gh squad?

Ok i had to go out today to buy new shoes so i didn't get much done, i've made a small dint into my anti infantry lf squad (2 plasma cannons and 3 heavy bolters)

gallery_40388_5249_630862.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_185357.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_548476.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_678090.jpg

Obviously the HB guy has no gun but the rest of him is done and the plasma cannon is also completed. Well the weekend is over so i'll probably slow down a little but i expect to finish the squad by next weekend.

gallery_40388_5249_88744.jpg

And this is just a stencil i made to spray oon my new case, my old one broke, i stepped on the latch.....

Max

• 9 months later...
I started the vindi last saturday and finished the terminators about an hour ago.

And as a side note this is what happens to Deathwing Land Raiders when the space wolves "miss" with their orbital bombardments...

gallery_40388_5249_35836.jpg

I love your work, Vindicator especially (gives me incentive to paint my two Vindi's), but that blasted-out Land Raider is freaking awesome.

I also like the stencil. Nice touch.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW, some activity in here, i thought this little project of mine was long dead, due in no small part to my recent fascination with painting eldar... and my forgetfullness to post what few wolves manage to get paint on them. However i have been working away on the wolves and have some more juicy pictures for you all. I also swear on russ' honour that if i paint it and its in power armour ill post it up here (maybe with a few cameo appearances of the eldar in the background, to make the wolves look good ofcourse... ;) )

Anyway, on to the pictures. First up Ragnar himself, though with some not so slight modifications. He's still a WIP, he will have skin, eventually. tad scared of doing the face to be honest...)

gallery_40388_5249_228342.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_615577.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_618985.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_676398.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_256796.jpg

Enjoy!, i also have a land raider on the back burner at the moment should be done by the end of tommorow, with some luck.

As it has been a while since my last update i have made progress on other parts of the army, do you guys want pictures of that too?

I'm also thinking of doing like a question of the week thing, Mostly to do with tactics as a way to generate some more traffic through this thread. More traffic (especially more replies) leads to more motivation, and hopefully not so many pointy eared git distractions.

So here goes our the first weeks question. Does anyone else out there field ragnar on a regular basis and if so in what configuration (Land raider? rhino rush, drop pod, wolf guard, GH etc)? And as a sort of mini question what are some of his most noteable kill tallies?

Max

The yellow's a bit pale. Personally, I'd give it a thinned down wash with Gryphonne Sepia (or better yet, Yellow Wash if you have it). Personal preference aside, I think this conversion is awesome! Can't wait to see you tackle the face.

In answer to my own question, ragnar is a mazing no matter what squad he's in, but grey hunters with a banner serve him best. Today he managed to slaughter 24 grey hhunters and a dreadnought all by himself before charging of wildly acroos the boaqrd which he had singlehandedlely cleared before unfortunately failing to dodge alot of long fang missle fire.

Also a quick update on the Ragnar conversion. The model is finished, im going to base him and then post some pictures tommorow night. The land raider is also very close to done, taking a tad longer than i thought, got side tracked into playing not painting.

I also wanted to tell everyone that ill be representing the wolves in a tournament this saturday with the following list

Ragnar 240

Rune priest, Jaws, lightning, Chooser 110

Land Raider, MM 260

3 wolf Guard

#1 P fist, Combi melta 48

#2 P fist, combi melta 48

#3 Combi Melta 23

Dreadnought, assault cannon, Heavy flamer 115

8 grey hunters, banner, melta, Motw 150

6 grey hunters, melta, power weapon 110

Rhino 35

5 grey hunters, melta 80

Razorback TLL 75

6 Long Fangs, 3 missles, 2 heavy bolters 130

Razorback TLL 75

I wanted to know if you guys had any advice for taking down fateweaver and 2 squads of 3 wound allocation shenanigan bloodcrushers as quickly as possible using this list. This fate crusher list is probly the biggest threat for me on saturday, i would have loved to have ulric but hes not great when not fighting T5 spam armies and he's to costly. I figure my best chance is to try and multi charge fateweaver with some bloodcrushers. Put ragnar and the MOTW guy in with the crushers and try to get as many fearless saves on to fateweaver as possible after the rest of the squad has all their furious charge hits on him. Would this work or would massed bolter fire do a better job? All of this is assuming Jaws (which has been decided by the TO to not need a to hit roll.) doesn't get lucky and solve all my problems.

WOW, some activity in here, i thought this little project of mine was long dead, due in no small part to my recent fascination with painting eldar... and my forgetfullness to post what few wolves manage to get paint on them. However i have been working away on the wolves and have some more juicy pictures for you all. I also swear on russ' honour that if i paint it and its in power armour ill post it up here (maybe with a few cameo appearances of the eldar in the background, to make the wolves look good ofcourse... ^_^ )

Anyway, on to the pictures. First up Ragnar himself, though with some not so slight modifications. He's still a WIP, he will have skin, eventually. tad scared of doing the face to be honest...)

gallery_40388_5249_228342.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_615577.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_618985.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_676398.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_256796.jpg

Enjoy!, i also have a land raider on the back burner at the moment should be done by the end of tommorow, with some luck.

As it has been a while since my last update i have made progress on other parts of the army, do you guys want pictures of that too?

I'm also thinking of doing like a question of the week thing, Mostly to do with tactics as a way to generate some more traffic through this thread. More traffic (especially more replies) leads to more motivation, and hopefully not so many pointy eared git distractions.

So here goes our the first weeks question. Does anyone else out there field ragnar on a regular basis and if so in what configuration (Land raider? rhino rush, drop pod, wolf guard, GH etc)? And as a sort of mini question what are some of his most noteable kill tallies?

Max

what model did u use for this one?

He used Kor'sarro Khan.

No, actually this is not khan. I thought about using khan but decided to use the wolf gurad with two lightning claws in stead.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41kOgTnvzEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The arms are all greenstuffed, as well as most of the cloak and all the diamond patterninng on the left shoulder pad. The old head just got clipped off and replaced with one from the wolf sprue and the hair was extended with green suff. My original idea was to pose him like aragorn from the return of the king movie posters.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u175/danmormor/TheReturnofTheKing.jpg

Which i think turned out quite well.

Man, I'm still not used to seeing that wolf guard model. He was snuck into the catalog while I wasn't playing, and I don't see him often enough to be familiar with his composition.

What I'm trying to say is.... Excellent conversion!

Archived