Maximus' Army Blog.

Maximus-92

Now i just need to finish the land raider tomorow and my tourney list will be fully painted.

I like him, he looks awesome. Is his wolf pelt and shoulder pad all green stuff work?

Mostly, all the diamond patterning is GS but the wolf head is taken from an axe in the wolf pack box set, while the pelt is about 70% GS.

I took the list from a few posts back to a tournament today and placed 11th out of 21 players. Winning army was fatecrusher followed by blood angels, followed by IG, of these three i played both the angels and the IG. I'm fairly happy with the result, Ragnar underperformed however while the land raider did fairly well. May have to make some tweaks, i gotta get it up to 2000 soon.

well, in one game he never made combat because of terrain but i tabeled that guy anyway, in another his squad was out in the open in front of three punishers after he had just killed a small gard suad, in another he got singeled out by mephiston and killed before he could d anything and in the third he managed to kill an emperors champion and his squad but had no one attached to him after he consolidated and got sniped by krak rockets from three typhoon land speeders.

• 4 months later...

Just a quick post to say that i am getting back into the wolves after a slight eldar diversion followed by alot of university. But im on break now so i got lots of free time.

I will be finishing off a land raider in the next week or so and ill post some pics of that in here once i'm done.

Max

Nice ragnar conversion. Do you have any shots of the model prior to painting i am interested in the conversion and would like to see how difficult it was.

Nice ragnar conversion. Do you have any shots of the model prior to painting i am interested in the conversion and would like to see how difficult it was.

I do, but only from the early stage of constructing the arms

gallery_40388_5249_599813.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_370531.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_516748.jpg

I commissioned someone to do most of the converting work for me and he did an amazing job. So i would so it was a pretty tough conversion and the guy who did it for me has told me several times that it was his favourite piece of his own work so far.

These shots only really show the begginings of the arm construction, the green stuff is built up over a wire frame and shaped afterwards.

also here are some shots of my WIP Land Raider i said i'd post.

gallery_40388_5249_760597.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_730530.jpg

I have since done some more work on it since these pics but im not going to take any pics tonight (its 4am right now and ima get some sleep). I should have the thing done in a few days.

Just amother quick update on land raider progress. All i've done since last time is all the armor chips, it may look a little cartoony but i am a fan of that style. Enjoy.

gallery_40388_5249_152784.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_599557.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_464173.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_184371.jpg

I plan on finishing this off by tommorow, i just need to paint the gunner and his multi melta, a few lenses and then add some weathering along with some snow flock.

I think i'm going to work on two razorbacks next.

Max

• 2 years later...

So i might be guilty of not painting anything for almost three years, yes... but! That has all changed with the new codex! I decided to paint up some old skyclaw models i had sitting around! Here they are.

gallery_40388_5249_6178.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_22232.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_5137.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_26503.jpg

C&C welcome as always.Im especially looking for feedback on the base rim colour. Borwn, White or Blue? I did all three and am still unsure. My whole army is about to be rebased like this so its a big deal.

Okay, so after a few hectic days at work i have a few days off to paint again. I'm starting work on a Thunderwolf pack i assembled a while ago.

gallery_40388_5249_26001.jpg

Here is the first guy. Im not happy with it yet. Im not really sure where to go from here. I've never done an animal model before and im struggling to find a pattern i like for the fur. Maybe once i wash the model the colours will blend a little better?

P.S. A WIP thread i created a long time (but won't revive) details the construction of this whole pack of thunderwolves. Here's a link if you're interested.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/249840-thunderwolf-pack-wip-log/

Here a WIP update on the thunderwolf model i posted a couple days ago

gallery_40388_5249_41535.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_29972.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_48225.jpg

They are kinda blurry camera phone shots but oh well, don't have a nice camera right now. I am happy with the face. the eye needs to be touched up a bit and the gums could be a little more red maybe but overall it turned out well. The fur is... ok. I'm still not completely satisfied that it has enough depth. The bone coloured fur is fine but the darker fur on the upper half probably needs a dry brush in a lighter brown. Also, the rider is obviously not even close to done so nothing really to say about that.

Comments and criticism welcome as always.

Your thunderwolf is coming along very nicely brother, I love the sense of movement and aggression you have got with the posing of the wolf and the rider and I think the dark fur will set off the armour of the rider really well, a great big thumbsup.gif from me !

Your thunderwolf is coming along very nicely brother, I love the sense of movement and aggression you have got with the posing of the wolf and the rider and I think the dark fur will set off the armour of the rider really well, a great big thumbsup.gif from me !

Thanks mate! Appreciate it.

Anyway, here it is 95% complete (Just need to do the base).

gallery_40388_5249_4477.jpg

gallery_40388_5249_70080.jpg

Still need to figure out how to paint the big sheets of foam core to look like ice. Anyone seen any tutorials on painting a surface to look like an ice sheet?

Max

Archived