[BFG] Battlefleet Ultima Question

Brother Argos

I was looking for inspiration for Battlefleet Ultima fleet colours and yes I am aware I can choose what I wish as each battlefleet tends to be ad-hoc anyway. I spotted this, but obviously it is uncorroborated in any way, does anyone know of anything else?

http://www.scholaprogenium.com/planets.html (Right at the top)

Brother Argos

Hmmm... I can't think of any references to colours traditional to the segmentum battlefleets, even after doing some checking back to the Space Fleet game circa WD140.

That is not to say there is no GW reference, but unless the website owner can provide a checkable source, I would class this in the fanfic rather than canon category.

In this case, I would simply go with the colour you like and come up with a characterful background reason for the selected shade, such as it was done in the honour of the previous commanding lord-admiral's noble sacrifice... or during a major and pivotal engagement the normal paint colour of their ships had been tarnished / altered by a celestial event and the rest of the battlefleet was ordered to repaint their ships as well in remembrance of that great battle. Painting them pink because the Mechanicus had only supplied enough red and white paint in error probably wouldn't fly though, even for diehard Operation Petticoat fans. :D

It is a minor enough thing that you are safe to paint it how you like, but these kinds of additional details would buy you a lot of good will. :D

Archived