Vlka Fenryka: WIP/PIP + Warband Fluff

MaveriK

WIP

gallery_24878_5750_72084.jpg

Keep Calm. Fenris Endures!

gallery_24878_5750_47012.jpg

30K Grey Hunter Standard (test model)

gallery_24878_5750_39354.jpg

I decided to give him a war-horn to help rally troops and to usher in the murdermake.

gallery_24878_5750_86327.jpg

I wanted my Grey Hunter standard to be look like a grizzled hunter/scout for his pack.

--EDIT--

Been working playing around with some bits for my first Einherjar. I will post once completed.

• 2 weeks later...

WIP

gallery_24878_5750_90470.jpg

He is called Hardrada by his kith and kin. Frostborn son of Fenris. Man of the Rout.

gallery_24878_5750_5056.jpg

Your name shall soon be forgotten for the black wolf of the Sigillite has come for you.

gallery_24878_5750_48947.jpg

“Wyrd biõ ful ãræd,” I said. Fate is fate. It cannot be changed or cheated.”

gallery_24878_5750_92549.jpg

I was not happy with my sister of silence test model. So I'm still playing around with some ideas. This Frostborn maiden is an older kit-bash. Updated a little using a Sisters of Silence sword. My Frostborn Maidens/Shield Maiden/Valkyries are my custom thunderwolves cavalry riders (which can be seen several pages back).

gallery_24878_5750_88074.jpg

Kjartan of the Rout. The Three Headed-Kraken slayer (My homage to a character from A Song of Ice and Fire).

“There is such joy in chaos. Stow all the world's evils behind a door and tell men that they must never, ever, open the door, and it will be opened because there is pure joy in destruction.”

Many of you may notice that I sometimes re-use older kit-bash pieces. I only do so when I am not satisfied with the model. But I hope this helps by showing you that you shouldn't be afraid to try again, until it both feels and looks perfect.

The antler head bit for example must have been used several times until I finally got what I wanted. Truth be told, when I first made it, I intended to do a Robert Baratheon model proxy. Ours if the FURY! along with is iconic helm and war-hammer. Anyway, I'm glad I finally ended up back to the original idea (before the head bit was used as a Long Fang Ancient, then I tried again as a MK3 Grey Hunter).

--EDIT--

Thank you for looking! I realize that all I ever do is create, while the majority of my army is lacking fully painted models. So I intend to have more painted this year.

god, I might have to grab a kill team box, there armor mark 8's are amazin

Yes, it is. But this PA is slighly different. I mean bigger. It is not easy to combine bits from SW with this PA / bits. My personal experience :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WIP/PIP

gallery_24878_5750_98828.jpg

My Kaerls are still painting in progress. But they are almost completed. I still need to do last minute clean up and drill some barrel holes. The combat-droid is an upgrade for the Aettguard which has a vox-caster, medi-pack and smoke grenades.

gallery_24878_5750_77573.jpg

Ascomanni Ashmen of the Aettguard. They are the elite Kaerl void-seafarers that accompany the Rout on their wyrmboats.

gallery_24878_5750_46159.jpg

The Hould is the birthplace for all the Kaerls on Asaheim. It is the beating heart of the Aett. Thousands of mortal warriors, craftsmen, technicians and laborers maintain the massive citadel as Thralls of the Vlka Fenryka. Kaerls never leave Fenris, only the elite are permitted to do so, they are the Ashmen of the Aettguard. They wear the white of winter and bring the murder-make onto those who would dare.

I'm glad that i found this blog, your work is just amazing. Could you give more pictures from the Kaerls?

gallery_24878_5750_55520.jpg

Kaerl Ashmen. Void-seafarer.

gallery_24878_5750_2492.jpg

Ascomanni Ashmen.

gallery_24878_5750_75993.jpg

Annika Jarlsdottyr of the Ordo Malleus. She is my counts as Katarinya Greyfax.

gallery_24878_5750_66630.jpg

She is a daughter of Fenris. Her father was Ranil the Skinner, the jarl of Maulma. Annika belonged to the tribe of the Broken Tusk. On her cheek, she bore tattoos of the tribe. Jarlsdottyr had a pale skin, and artificial blue eyes. She wore hair, black as silk, and two braids.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

WIP

gallery_24878_5750_5057.jpg

Excruciatus (Silent Judge) she has no name, only a purpose...

gallery_24878_5750_77677.jpg

To the Rout she was touched by the fire wolf who burns without being consumed. Her red ruby eyes stood out from the yellowed eyed warriors of Fenris. They stood in the shadows waiting to strike on Prospero.

gallery_24878_5750_57057.jpg

She burned 100 witches before attaining her position with null maidens of Terra. She is the executioner surrounded by murderous wolves on the doors of Tizca. Ready to burn the heretics and warlocks.

• 2 weeks later...

WIP

gallery_24878_5750_5057.jpg

Excruciatus (Silent Judge) she has no name, only a purpose...

gallery_24878_5750_77677.jpg

To the Rout she was touched by the fire wolf who burns without being consumed. Her red ruby eyes stood out from the yellowed eyed warriors of Fenris. They stood in the shadows waiting to strike on Prospero.

gallery_24878_5750_57057.jpg

She burned 100 witches before attaining her position with null maidens of Terra. She is the executioner surrounded by murderous wolves on the doors of Tizca. Ready to burn the heretics and warlocks.

Really great! What model were base for her?

• 2 months later...

:: Iron Priest ::

gallery_24878_5750_29789.jpg

Brokkr Ironfoot "one who works with metal; blacksmith"

gallery_24878_5750_50807.jpg

There are bladesmiths, ironsmiths and then there is Brokkr Ironfoot. He is a sullen giant, a fierce and silent wolf. Brokkr aims to build the greatest war machines for the sons of Russ. Brokkr Ironfoot yearns to be remembered in the sagas as building something unique and deadly for the coming wolf-time....

:: Iron Priest on Thunderwolf ::

gallery_24878_5750_1998.jpg

Iron Priest Finng

Archived