Vlka Fenryka: WIP/PIP + Warband Fluff

MaveriK

I have been looking in from time to time and I am glad you took these last pic"s. The lighting here is very good and it helps a lot. they all look very good. I love a good bitz box raid. it's funny just how similar our wolves are. I started mine a few years back but would say some bitz just scream use me! But enough of me your wolves are very cool as is your background. Keep it up!

gallery_24878_5748_26692.jpggallery_24878_5748_38759.jpg

Fenris Hunter, MaveriK (Grey Hunter/Grey Slayer) I dunno what it is about this guy, but he's my favorite!

Considering most of your other models were shot in poor lighting, I have to say this is my favorite so far also. Awesome pose! Can't tell if he's howling, ready to pounce, or just finished scissor-slicing some guy in have with those ccw's, but it doesn't matter b/c he looks badass as he does it!

Can't tell what head? that is on his pack.. and I'm curious what the bolt pistol looks like b/c I have personal aesthetic issues when trying to "include" bolters/pistols on a model when they have zero holster room.

@uberwolve, thank you! I've look through your work/army just now, nicely done!

@maverik_girl, I'm in no rush with the rifleman dreadnought.. besides there are 5 other dreads for you to use and play with!

@Wulfebane, aesthetic issues? I'm not sure if I should feel insulted by that!? and I'm sure it wasn't intended by you. I've proven you wrong, time and time again in this thread. I'd like to think, that I know what I'm doing, when it comes to kit-bashing models. While trying to be ORIGINAL, and dynamic with how I work, and with what I have to work with in front of me. You would think by now that my work proves this?! you must confuse me with some rookie, who randomly glues on bits without thinking, nor planning on what a model should look like. I'm NOT some dude who lacks the talent, imagination and just steals other people's work, by doing straight-up carbon copies. No my friend.. I'm NOT that guy. I don't have pictures of the model's back, but I assure you, the attached bolter looks good and it looks fitting! wait? are you also implying that, since those older pictures were taken under poor lighting, models taken under that lighting are also poor in quality?

....bahaha I'm just messing with yah! that's my psychology mind *bleep* of the day, and I only do it on Mondays!

---

gallery_24878_5748_84314.jpg gallery_24878_5748_65934.jpg

my very own sentry guns, from Imperial Armour I pg. 194-197 (I field these during Apocalypse games and especially against Tyranids)

gallery_24878_5748_115272.jpg gallery_24878_5748_139626.jpg

Heimdall Longsword. War Wolves of Fenris dreadnought. Twin-linked heavy bolters and missile launchers

gallery_24878_5748_108856.jpg gallery_24878_5748_107739.jpg

The GREYBEARDS, Fenris Hunter Pack (Grey Hunters/Grey Slayers)

gallery_24878_5748_65090.jpggallery_24878_5748_1366.jpg

WGBL, RED CLOUD with plasma pistol, frostblade and two fenrisian wolves

gallery_24878_5748_29928.jpggallery_24878_5748_129703.jpg

The HOWLERS, Fenris Hunter Pack (Grey Hunters/Grey Slayers) with attached Wolf Priest Grey Mage

gallery_24878_5748_11225.jpg gallery_24878_5748_142447.jpg

GODSMOTE of the Vlka Fenryka (Arjac Rockfist)

--EDIT--

Updated Font Size. C & C are welcomed. Thank you for looking!

even I try to avoid your boredom during Mondays! <_< your office pranks are notorious downtown, but I don't think it works quite well online and on the forums... :blink:

WAR WOLVES OF FENRIS

ACT I: The Phantom Wolves Return

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...;showentry=6724

ACT II: Femmora, Skadi the she Wolf

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...;showentry=6880

ACT III: The Rout, Agents of Morkai

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...;showentry=6881

ACT IV: Way of the Wolf

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...;showentry=6997

Agents of Morkai and Way of the Wolf, are still my favorites! Skadi the she Wolf comes after.. but only if you make a new model for me :P

@Growler67, all good!

@maverik_girl, LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT = Laughing my ass off so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco! but honestly.. wait until you see what I have in store for shield maidens! (counts as Fen Wolves wargear) I'll only have a handful just for a Wolf Lord, and Wolf Guard Battle Leader. I'm just waiting on plastic bits, and it's going to be my first try with working with the green stuff. I'm actually looking forward to that project! but as for a new She-Wolf? I was thinking of converting Lelith as a Rune Priestess, using bits and green stuff.

---
gallery_24878_5748_93972.jpggallery_24878_5748_24103.jpg
Wolf Scout Growler67

gallery_24878_5748_149371.jpggallery_24878_5748_143102.jpg
15 Fenrisian Wolves

gallery_24878_5748_53236.jpggallery_24878_5748_166976.jpg
Wyrmboat Rhino

--EDIT--

On other news, I just finished basing my second Fenris Hunter pack. I'll post updated pictures in a few hours, as it's almost 3:00am here in Western Canada. I'm currently working on painting the following: Lone Wolf, Long Fangs, Rune Priest and a Drop pod.

gallery_24878_5750_72096.jpggallery_24878_5750_50540.jpggallery_24878_5750_6674.jpg

WIP Lone Wolf, terminator armor with storm shield and chainfist. An homage to our wolf brother here at the FANG, this lone warrior is none other than Insane Psychopath.

[/size]

--EDIT--

C & C are welcomed. Thank you for looking!

Never notice this, thanks. Part are those I use a lot from the Space Wolves pack. On that note, I alway wounder what the Minatour shield where like since GW box set dose not show you them & I not been able to see any other. I tend to use the normal Beastman shield due to seeing them more than anything else.

As said really like your Wolves & it cool how you done them around set memeber of the fourm. Bit like my own Wolves but I done mine around friends in my local GW/know from tournament who give me bits to help out with conversion. Like wise useing slate that I found around Doune Castle (Monty Python Holy Grail was film, it 30 mins from where I live).

IP

• 2 weeks later...

@dublindawg, LOL thanks

@Insane Psychopath, I try to use every feral looking bit out there for my Space Wolves. From Orks to Beastmen, Fantasy Chaos, etc. etc. Ohh and thank you for the compliment! it means allot coming from you, as your SW army is one of my favorites.

@Lord_Azoth, your work is just as amazing, if not more so because your GS work, a skill I currently lack. I look forward to seeing your army finished, hopefully even see you in Spain this summer!

---
WIP UPDATES
gallery_24878_5750_16462.jpggallery_24878_5750_35384.jpg

gallery_24878_5750_10539.jpggallery_24878_5750_20252.jpg
3 Fenris Bloods (Blood Claws/Storm Claws) and 1 Fenris Hunter (Grey Hunter/Grey Slayer)

gallery_24878_5750_48968.jpggallery_24878_5750_15723.jpg

gallery_24878_5750_47908.jpggallery_24878_5750_30382.jpg
Long Fangs

--EDIT--

@Insane Psychopath, I try to use every feral looking bit out there for my Space Wolves. From Orks to Beastmen, Fantasy Chaos, etc. etc. Ohh and thank you for the compliment! it means allot coming from you, as your SW army is one of my favorites.

No worries, I'll have to make a Lone Wolf to look like him for my Wolf Wing, aim to update a few models & try out them during the tournament session next year.

On another note the Wolves been seen already, there been a few changies from new conversion idea or because people break my models. So Throne of Skulls April tournament this weekend will see few brand new models, lot more sub theme to each model as each model really has his own story from games they fought in. Just finish the last model for this event earily today.

Like wise will be trying to get the photos of both me & Spikyjames Space Wolves armies, he said yes if time permit for us both. Also just got the Games Day Wolf Priest painted today as this is a model spikyjames trade with me back in 2009 by warseer. So try get him added into the photo as well.

IP

I would love to see an allied Great Company battle of DV8's SW's with Spikey James's SW's against "Insert any other army here".

Fantastic stuff.

I would love to see DV8's SW's with Spikey James's SW's, Insane Psychopath's wolves, with Wolf Lord Mjolnir, Levitas, and littlbitz's wolves all on the table!!! haha

@Insane Psychopath, Sweet! and good luck on the tournament. Your battle reports are always a treat for us here at the Fang, so don't ever stop doing them! I'm also looking forward to your updated pictures. BTW you two are like top-tier Wolves in my book. Two guys with mad skills with both gameplay, painting and conversions. As mentioned from the above quote, I'd love to see your armies side by side! maybe even have my completed warband, fight along side yours in the future.

---

WIP Razorback Tank

gallery_24878_5750_7397.jpggallery_24878_5750_51949.jpggallery_24878_5750_38306.jpg

gallery_24878_5750_46886.jpggallery_24878_5750_34480.jpggallery_24878_5750_18460.jpg

WIP/PIP Razorback Tank

--EDIT--

Jeez, MaveriK! Amazing work as usual! This first thing I thought of after seeing that Lone Wolf was the Shaft theme song. And the guy manning the Razorback looks so bad ass! I'd love to play against your army just for the sheer amount of awesome you would field! I'd also like to mention that my own 'MaveriK' model has been promoted to Wolf Priest after seeing more of your work. He's managed to bring down a Hive Tyrant, multiple Crisis Suits and welcomes waves of bugs alongside his ragtag team of Skyclaws.

And your Long Fangs look like they'd love to tear into a brood of outflanking Genestealers and ask for more!

@Jonny Wolf, thank you wolf brother, as for Fift Godsmote (Arjac Rockfist) there are other pictures of him on: pg5 post #104, #106. pg8 post #199. pg9 post #204.

@KiltedMarine, thank you! I try to keep my work dynamic as possible, making them stand out from the rest, but most of all, I try to be ORIGINAL and innovative

@chino, haha that's cool. I'm glad my saga lives on, and thank you for the comments wolf brother!

---
UPDATES: New Rune Priest
gallery_24878_5748_20223.jpggallery_24878_5748_56805.jpg
"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" Rune Priest Grey Hawk, V

Archived