Blood Angels Chaplain's Victory

Sharam

Hi Guys,

Just getting back into 40K after a many year absense.

Here's a picture I did of a victorious Blood Angel Chaplain.

Hope you like.

http://www.eddiesharam.co.uk/images/SpaceMarine_BloodAngelChaplain_EddieSharam.jpg

I too am returning to the hobby after a 7 year hiatus!

I must say a rather splendid portrayal of a blood angel chaplain. Almost reminiscent of the artwork that got me into 40K in the first place!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

:P

Niiiiice work! :)

But Orks have red blood, eventogh they're green.^^

I always thought they had black blood lol....

At one point they had green blood, then it got retconned to red, although there are fluff pieces that talk about the black blood of the xenos (orks). So I guess it just means you do it how you want to. And nice chappy you got there. I love chappies with a more skeletal look than just the skull mask. It makes them more death personified, just what a chappy should be.

Really nice piece.... I love the chappy but I have to say that my favorite part is actually the tac marine on the front right. The contrast of the shadow to his glowing eye combined with his stance makes him very menacing. Great work.

Great job, lighting, texture and shadow are fantastic. Proptions are a bit off for me, but it's more opinion vs style, as withing the picture, all figures are represented consistently.

Very nice!

Yeah, the shoulders in particular on some of the guys are kinda wonky. Still, I know what a pain those can be to get right, especially for what should be a simple geometric object.

The coloring far outstrips concerns of proportion and outlining at any rate. Good job.

Holy crap thats AWESOME! Love it.

The only things I can pic out that look a little odd to me are that the chaplain's foot is on the orks jaw. That jaw is holding a LOT of weight and it makes it look like the chaplain was drawn separate and added on, if you moved his food (possibly all of him) a little to the left so he is standing on his chest it would look better.

The last thing (and this is really minor but for some reason jumped out at me) is that the marine to the right of the chaplain has his bolter a bit strange. I just cant figure how he is holding it as it should be in a different direction from where his right arm would be (from the marines perspective). I think it would look more natural if you made a mirror image of it (so its facing the other way).

As I said, really little things in a brilliant pic :)

Fantastic picture :). Ork blood was indeed once upon a time green, I can remember the white dwarf article where they changed it. There was an editor note on it saying they did it because it just made everyone look like they had an accident with a smoothie (or something similar).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for all the input, and setting me straight on some details. Lots to work on, that I wouldn't otherwise realise, so thanks!

So it's red blood now for all orcs?

I agree the Chaplain needs his Crozius Arcanum.Don't know why I didn't include it.... I think it was because I liked the chainsword too much!

And the orc, should definitely look more traditionally 40K orc-like, agreed.

Yeah, those marine shoulder pads are suprisingly tricky to draw, I should try and nail the shape better next time.

Onwards and upwards!

Orks have whatever blood color they think they have. It's how everything else works for them, haha.

As for the Crozius Arcanum, he probably lodged it in some other xeno's skull a while back and sent someone to fetch it for him.

All in all, a wonderful piece.

Archived