Furioso's, Your Experience With 'Em

zebanash

Been debating tossing a furioso in my list with a Drop pod to see what type of chaos it could create on turn one while my Baal's chew into the heavy weapons that they may have.

Here's a basic list.

HQ

Librarian - JP, Shield of Sanguinius & Unleash Rage 125

Troops

Assault Squad (10) - x2 Melta, PF - 235

Assault Squad (10)- x2 Melta, PF - 235

Assault Squad (5) - Melta, PF - 135

Tac Squad (10)- Plasma Gun, Lascannon, PF - 215

Fast Attack

Baal - HB Sponsons - 155

Baal - HB Sponsons - 155

Elites

Sanguinary Priest - JP, PW, - 85

Furioso & Pod - 160

Hits 1500 on the nose, I'm wondering on the synergy on this list, with the Baals tearing up models and the assault squads moving in to pop tanks/deal with targets in CC while the 5 man Assault squad and tac are used for fire support and objective holding. Thoughts on how the Dreadnought would work or am i just better off getting a reclusiarch and sticking him in with my squads? As well as your own experiences with them.

Depending on how this is played you could easily have a pretty strong list.

Scout move the Baals up and get them to a position to support the Furioso and Pod as it drops.

NB. This should probably be on the BA lists forum

I have been looking for a good list to start my new BA army. I really like how you have this done. I think this is what I will probably use with a little variation....i.e. death company possibly. Im a trolling now, ill get back on topic.

My question would be do furiosos work with Frag Cannons? Are they a viable option or would it be more advantagous to utilize dual BT or dual BF in a build like Zebanash has created.

Keep this thread to discussing experience with Furiosos. Take any specific advice for the list to the BA list forum.

My experience is limited, haven't tried a blood talon furioso yet. I have used my libby dread a few times, once he got immobilized pretty early the other he got to kill a bunch of deathwing terminators.

I've used the standard furioso without talons to great effect. Throw it against a squad that can't hurt it to tie up enemy forces all game, throw it against MC and clobber it in 1 turn dice gods willing, or run it with 3 other dreadnoughts and gang up on enemy squads. Its a great looking model and having that AV13 is really helpful.

I have not podded mine.

The drop pod shouldn't be able to fire it's deatwind launcher first turn (unless I'm horribly mistaken), but with the distraction of the Dread it's likely the pod will survive until turn 2.

When I first started playing BA I ran a 3 pod list with 2 furioso's podding in on turn 1 with blood talons and 1 with blood fists, each with a melta gun and heavy flamer. It was lots of fun to drop down turn 1 and roast anything foolish enough to not be in a transport, or melt exposed heavy tanks. Also don't forget they have smoke launchers (I seemed to forget that a lot starting out), and that you can run in the shooting phase with them if you need to get them into cover for some reason. They pair really well with a couple scouting Baal Predators (flamestorm or ASscan variants) which can give you're enemies a lot to deal with on turn 1 and give you're troops a better shot at making it across the board unmolested.

The only thing that prevents me from liking the librarian dread is the fact that you can't take upgrades with it, thanks to the lovely FAQ.

Not tried the Furioso from the Elites slot but have played with 2 DC dreads, one with Blood Talons and one with Blood Fists. I managed to get the Taloned dread in to combat with a 10 man squad of Plague Marines and wiped them out before they could strike! Very, very nasty ;)

Yep, Blood Talons work wonders against Plage Marines, that's for sure. My first game at the semi-finals of the 'Ard Boyz tournament this year saw my Furioso chew through 24 of them.

So far in all my experiences with a Furioso, it's only let me down once- when I charged GBF's Vanguard squad and did a grand total of 3 wounds... Then promptly took a Thunder Hammer in response... Gracias again for ending my chance of placing at Bolscon. :)

I've run a DC Furioso as well as a pair of Elite Furiosos, all with Blood Talons. The DC Furioso chewed through a squad of 10 ork jump pack boys (don't remember their actual names) without letting them strike back and then was promptly tank shocked by a Battle Wagon. The Elite Furiosos I didn't use quite as well as I was playing vs Necrons and I just didn't play well, with one being immobilized first turn, but the second one was able to get me a draw by engaging a squad of 16 warriors plus a lord and managed to kill the lord so the warriors couldn't hurt it. Losing one blood talon really makes the Furioso a lot weaker in CC though.

@ Dingareth

The best part was all the Marines that died in the ensuing explosion. That was epic. Thank the Emperor for our trusty stormshields! :)

I think the best method is delivery via Stormravens. Walking dreads are a huge liability. There is too much melta these days.

0b -_-

I think the best method is delivery via Stormravens. Walking dreads are a huge liability. There is too much melta these days.

Also, a reason why Drop Podding doesn't work very well. It gets them right into Melta range. My first game against Blood Angels with IG, my opponent dropped 2 Furiosos directly infront of 2 Veteran Squads each with 3 Meltaguns. Well, the Inquisitor warmed up his Mystics, and by the end of my next shooting phase, both Dreads and both Pods were Kill Points without either scratching my army.

Storm Raven for sure.

Here's another question that i can't believe i even thought of, how many of you take extra armour?

on top of that, Do you agree with podding it in, or are you perhaps a storm raven person? Maybe even better off to just make a riflemen dread, but then your speedbump is gone

I have done both raven and pod and i like raven more. This is because it has a lot of extra weaponry and can also carry some troops. It looks however that you do not have the room for the raven and with out alot of vehicles it will be shot down promptly. They will shot the raven first turn and most likely destroy it.

I am also a HUGE supporter of blood talons with a hf, i love watching it tear through infantry. I one killed 17 gaunts in one turn, not a whole lot of points but it was very satisfying.

I seem to always take extra armour on it, I find the possibility that my close combat Dread doesn't get to move a frustrating possibility. But I am find thing that I'm taking DC as a more regular part, so there will be a DC Dread running and that niether needs or has the option

If im not mistaken Dreads are walkers which are relentless right? So they should be able to shoot and then assault, so why not pod in with a frag cannon and blood fist in after you shoot? With the baal preds then flanking they should be able to pull some good support for the dread.

Here's another question that i can't believe i even thought of, how many of you take extra armour?

on top of that, Do you agree with podding it in, or are you perhaps a storm raven person? Maybe even better off to just make a riflemen dread, but then your speedbump is gone

Always, always take Extra Armor. You never want to be stranded because of some lucky Powerfist Hit.

While I am not a BA player, I really dislike podding into melta range. Podding is useful at getting side shots at armour and producing cover, but getting in range of all their guns is asking to lose it unless you have a really strong support element. Close Combat Dreads don't seem to have a part unless you storm raven or throw a whole lot of them down quickly so they can't respond to them all. Supported by Assualt Marines/Vanguard.

Archived