deep in tau territory - a mod-log! (22/10: bolter-drones!)

det

laugh.png

I did make it when burst cannons were Ass3...so double the gun and it gets +1 burst and +1 strength and -1 AP, double that and you get TL...more or less...msn-wink.gif

Now...well...they even have heavy burst cannon with Ass6...so whatever, it just shoots a lot...biggrin.png

hey, I posted a list to play the models I made...could really use some feedback!!

It works as a primary detachment of mantis warriors with some white scars allies...you know...bikes.

Really not sure of a couple of choices...help!

I love the boldness and execution of these conversions. Excellent job. I'm in love with that thunderfire cannon. My only thing with it is how it is transported. The actual one has treads. If you could find a way to put it on a flying base or give it some treads or something? Just my suggestion.

I love the boldness and execution of these conversions. Excellent job. I'm in love with that thunderfire cannon. My only thing with it is how it is transported. The actual one has treads. If you could find a way to put it on a flying base or give it some treads or something? Just my suggestion.

Thanks man!!

I opted for a "I'm a drone-ish thing that is currently landed" approach for the thunderfire...the spines coming out from underneath should be something like it. I could still add a skimmer/drone base though...msn-wink.gif

• 2 months later...

...nah, not dead and nah, not painted the lot...but...small small small update:

since the new edition and the "omg allies I can finally have 3 HQ and be very cheesy yet extra fluffy since I'm using a master of the forge on bike with only servoharness (cheese) and I use him, the assault bikes and the scouts as white scar allies and it's cool because white scars are the progenitors of the mantis warriors (fluffy) -even though I kind of distorted them a bit and they are actually count-as marines so we could say they are count-as fluffy, to the point of being actually a fluffy army list which only gets count-as once it hits the table-"...whatever...

so scouts got bumped to 10...5 snipers, 3 combis, 1 ML, vet sgt with combiplasma. Needed to drop the sniper drones and build bolter drones. Woah, now that was an achievement modelling-wise...yep, well, whatever.

Here they are, bolter drone!

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z179/detted/DSCF0019_zps43e6cf13.jpg[/url]

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z179/detted/DSCF0017_zps4e42bc17.jpg[/url]

;)

Archived