Art Scale Dark Angel Army

Grotsmasha

These are excellent! I'm ever soooo slowly making my own true-scale marines (LINK), and I know how much bloody effort it takes. Not for the faint of heart!

However, allow me to make a couple of points of criticism:

The main problem with your method of true-scaling terminators is the legs. Looking at my own, decidedly non-space marine thighs, I notice that they're much bigger than my lower legs. But your terminators have anorexic legs, indeed thinner by half than those of their brethren in power armor. Given the bulk of the rest of the marine, this looks slightly silly in my opinion. Perhaps you need to slice-and-dice the thighs just like you've done with the rest of the marine? I've seen other true-scalers (LINK) re-fit the terminator legs exo-armor with plasticard strips over the standard greenstuffed bulked-out legs. Perhaps this method might be of interest to you?

RRChristensen: I know what you mean about the thighs, it has always been my intention to bulk them up with GS. I will be using the method for my normal TS marines and then re-adding the braces over the top again with either GS or plasticard.

• 1 month later...

OHHH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! ITS BEEN A MONTH !!!!!

Sorry to all who have been following, I got sick then xmas, then sick again, but now I'm back and I've alot to share.

First off, I've recieved my Scribor Lion Helms and Shoulder Pads, I'm a little disappointed with the pads, they aren't as "plug and play" as I'd thought. The detail and casting is awesome, the insides don't really have any room to accommodate anything, like a PA or TDA arm...and are a little oversized for my liking. The Helms , on the other hand are perfect replacements for PA helmets.

Also recieved my Bitspudio Turrets for my Land Rhino. They are pretty good, about an 8/10 for casting quality, really happy with them, I'll be ordering more with my public holiday pay.

PICTURE TIME !!!!

The first two are just the progress on the Land Rhino

gallery_48988_5384_73554.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_97392.jpg

The next three are the Bitspudio turrets with my wip Predator sponson

gallery_48988_5384_65549.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_43857.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_80036.jpg

So, the Rhino side hatch and sponson are magnetized for easy configuration. I've decided I'm going to build six of these (slowy) all being able to be configured as Rhino/Razorback/Predator and the Mauler/Ridgeback (Rhino varient will sponsons and 10 marine capacity), which i was introduced to in a Marauders post over in Hall of Honor and two with removeable Vindicator front plates.

As the Land Rhino prototype draws to and end I find myself dreading the Baneraiders return......

Cheers and a Happy and Prosperous New Year to all

Jono, out

• 2 weeks later...

So, you know the saying, "come hell or high water"? I live in Brisbane Australia and that high water is here, and is the hobby put on hold? NO !!!!

I just picked this mini up on eBay for $25, dont know if it's old news or not but it is soooo coool

gallery_48988_5384_128390.jpg

Cheers, be safe out there QLD,

Jono

Isiah: Some chick in Russia, she also has "Death Lord Mortarion"

gallery_48988_5384_160457.jpg

The "chick" is actually a guy :D That's just "his" ebay profile :D

The "dude/dudette" has some serious models going on, whether they are theirs or recasts, is another argument, but there are 14 Primarchs, an Emperor and Custodes in PA and TD, some of which have been seen for many years spread across the net cast in either metal or resin!

My bad on the dude/dudette, I was just going off the eBay profile.

Brother Liam: I've been hoarding bits wilst I progress on the land rhino, I've now enough Black Reach termi's (whose legs/torsos I'm using) to complete 4x10 man squads (10 Vets, 20 Tacticals, 10 Assualt) and change, I've onlly got a combat squad assembled (mostly) I promise, the army is coming.

Having so many Black Reach termi's it seems a shame to waste the entire top back half, so I've found a use for them, well maybe......

JETBIKES !!!!!!!!!!

gallery_48988_5384_350545.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_463884.jpg

I realise it looks very stubby and I am brainstorming for a way to lengthen it. Still needs the jet in the rear also.

So, very much a WIP still, so C&C as usual.

enjoy,

Jono

• 3 months later...

So good to be back.....

Well, so much has happened in RL, the most significant of which is the birth of my first son, WOOT WOOT, that the hobby has been on hold since Feb, but now I'm back and I have small progress to show

My TS Chapter Master, he'll be a "counts as" Azrael, just need to turn the gun into a combi plasma

Front

gallery_48988_5384_464737.jpg

Right Side

gallery_48988_5384_491464.jpg

Left Side

gallery_48988_5384_73243.jpg

Back

gallery_48988_5384_174530.jpg

The idea for this model was what started my TS endevours, it even predates me discovering Doghouse and Lamenter. Originally it was to be our revered Primarch, but now an even better model has been sourced,

gallery_48988_5384_128390.jpg

he is relagated to his current position. The pic is dark because the mini is undercoated, but most of the details are still visable.

Also in the works, look for the return of the BANERAIDER before the end of the month, it's main holdup is the interior needs to be painted prior to assembly, and I've lost my main hobby space to renovations. I'm currently waiting on eBay bits to continue my Storm Raven THUNDERHAWK kitbash, currently the front/passenger compartment is 50% complete as far as construction is concerned.

gallery_48988_5384_470187.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_140449.jpg

Cheers,

Jono

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, it been awhile I know,

I've decided to continue this thread over in the WIP forum as it has a larger audience and I can recieve more feedback and ideas, I'll post update linky's here to keep you up to date.

HERE is the first update.

Also, I've decided to change from a DIY Successor to Dornian Heresy Unforgiven.

Cheers,

Jono

Lord Melvin:

Hey, the bikes were fairly straight forward. All I did was add a 2mm plasticard spacer the length of th bike body. The easiest way to do that was glue on half of the bike to the plasticard and then carefully trim it once the glue has set (next day). Being that I was making jetbikes. I didn't have to deal with the wheels, but I would use the same process.

(As an afterthought, using 2x1mm plasticard sheets and doing each side indepentandly would make the trimming stage MASSIVELY easier, as cutting throught the 1mm plasticard IS so much easier)

The only bits I bought were 1 additional fairing and 1 additional footrest per bike. The fairings where cut on either side of the headlight (I was sure to use a matching set) and glued together, this helped with the additional width. The extra footrests were for the the Termi feet, as they were to wide for a single footrest.

As to the length, all of my additional length came from the bits I added for the jetbike-ness. I'm not to sure on how to add length to the bikes, I don't even know if it nessecary. I would however re-angle the front struts and lengthen them a little.

Lastly, all of the plasticard joins were smoothed with green stuff and a clay shaper (can't recommend the clay shaper enought for working with GS).

EDIT: One more thing, to get the handlebars looking right, I had to seperate them from the console-thingy, I cant recommend strongly enough that you pin them, as the little plastic peg is sooooo weak.

END EDIT.

If you've any further questions, or would like some more pics, ask and I'll try to help out,

Cheers,

Jono

Archived