Glory and Hate! A Marines Malevolent Project

Hyaenidae

Sergeant Complete!!! Note the Oath of Moment, with the spot of the Sergeant's blood on it, and of course, hazard stripes on the Chainsword.

gallery_37532_5399_1093061.png

gallery_37532_5399_802560.png

gallery_37532_5399_337360.png

gallery_37532_5399_1037536.png

And as requested, The now-completed 1st Squad...

gallery_37532_5399_6676623.png

Unfortunetly, this will be my last ones done for about a week and a half, as I'm heading home for the holidays, and the mini's will probably be staying behind. On the plus side, I might have some reinforcements, as long as santa wife thought I was a good boy, lol. I'll still stop by and answer any questions and comments y'all might have.

@Zincite: The Vanguard Assault Scholar-Brother (whew, that's a mouthful, lol) is probably gonna be scratch-built, just for the hell of it. I'm actually not a fan of the metal Vanguards, but I promise he'll be cool. As for the 'Back-up' files, each Crusade would have a Librarium (hard copies) loaded down with every scrap of recorded data since the birth of the Crusade. Also, when two Crusades meet, it is considered a momentous occasion, as I'm thinking each Crusade is mostly self-suffcient and rarely fight alongside their Brother-Crusaders except during only the greatest of engagements (Armageddon, 13th Black Crusade, etc). Because of this, Each Crusade will wake their respective Venerable Dreadnoughts so that the Ancients may speak together and transfer the knowledge accumulated over their years of war of each other's Crusade. On top of that, should the Crusade not see any of their brothers for over 200 years, a five-man squad will be assembled to travel to the First Crusade Battle-Barge (The MM home ship) with copies of the hate-filled scrolls and tomes to add to the Chapters' history, and the names of the honored dead added to "The Blackened Heart", a massive Codex with the names and cause of death of every Brother-Marine, all the way back to Lord Commander Mikal Varen, the founder of the MM. (Believing that they still uphold the Great Crusade and it's ideals, they still use many ranks and formations used before the Horus Heresy).

I probably made more questions than answered, but there you go. I didn't want to make the use of the Dreads risk free, but they're redundancies in place, at least. And you ain't 'mucking' up my fluff, I'm kinda shooting from the hip here, and questions like yours help me create more. So ask away!!

Take care everyone, Happy Holidays!!! ^_^

Heck yes man. Your guys are looking awesome, and the squad all finished and together look great. The MM were a chapter i had been thinking about doing since reading about them in Salamander. I'm glad you're doing them justice.

Don't cannibalize them when you start building more!

Thanks, man! I was kinda worried the ol' Mk.I Rhino would look out of place, but it turned out pretty well, I think. And hell no, no cannibalization, these guys are for playin', and that's what they'll do!

*Gasp*

They look brilliant! Great work man! I'll see if I can find anymore questions while you're away... ^_^

Thanks for making this, I really enjoy it. Hope Santa-Wife is generous, Have fun!

P.S

Did that Deathwing army ever get off the Ground? And are there any pictures of your CSMs on here?

P.P.S

Thought of a question, what founding are they (by your reasoning), and of what successors are they? As It seems a bit strange for some new marines to come about in M39 or so, and try to go back to the way things were in M31?

@Zincite: Thanks man! I've put a lot of love into these guys, and have really pushed myself past what I thought I could do with painting and modeling, so comments like that mean a lot to me. My deathwing idea was quietly executed for these guys, and so far I've been happy with that choice. I have a few pics in my album of my CSM's, but just my Night Lords. Check 'em out if you'd like. My Ironbound were the first part of the army, and they are a bit hideous, lol. Nothing I'm gonna brag about. I'm gonna PM you the rest of the fluff zxyogi, brother varen, and I have come up with so far. It's a bit long, lol.

Edit: Um...or not. You got your PM off, bro?

Brilliant stuff, especially when you see them all together like that.

I don't really get what the guy balling his fists is up to, but im sure theres some fluff or something behind that too.

Fantastic work!

@magicman: Thanks for the comments! The 'Balled fist' marine was my first attempt at true-scaling. I was imagining him having an attitude somewhere between Pasanius of the Ultramarines, and Grendel of the Iron Warriors. A giant of a man, with a bad temper, who perfers to rip throats and crush skulls with his bare hands. So, he about to brawl with (insert whomever I'm playing against).

zincite, the Marines Malevolent are a 3rd founding chapter who was formed in M32. We don't have an exact date in M32. With the fluff that we are making, the Marines Malevolent are a Imperial Fists successor. So the stretch of them returning to the ideals of the great crusade are not far off.

Belisarus, The Malevolents "appear to" be codex to all outsiders and the Inquistion. But they are very much organized like the Black Templars in reguards to crusade fleets. Only the Lord Commander of the Malevolents knows for certain how many Malevolent crusade fleets and numbers there are.

The Lord Commander resides on the Venerable Battle Barge named the "Eternal Vigilance". This battle barge forms the center of the 1st crusade fleet and home of the Malevolents.

Each crusade fleet is formed on the tactics of the crusade captain. What ever his perfered tactics is, is how his crusade is governed. For example: Captain Vinyard of the 2nd crusade fleet loves to use artillery, so has many artillery vehicles in his crusade fleet.

When a crusade fleet is made, the crusade captain is given a total of 100 Astartes and a small armoury depending on what the captain wants (tactics). From there on the captain is responsible for his own recruitment and vehicles. Each crusade fleet is its own mini chapter and self reliant.

Belisarius, zxyogi uses transfers from the download section of this site. 1000heathens is painting the symbol on free hand. I on the other hand had custom shoulder pads made by a very talented person named kevin brown.

But to answer your question, yes each crusade fleet is a free standing army made to the crusade captain's tactics. So each fleet is unique. Each fleet will have its own terminators, veterans, scouts, along with the usual troops.

Zxyogi, i believe is making the 5th crusade fleet. 1000heathens is making the 4th crusade fleet named the "Swords of Terra". I will be taking on the 1st crusade fleet due to the number of minis and vehicles i have laying around (Believe me its alot of stuff). The 1st crusade is on hold for now due to losing my job earlier this month. But i have hopes that come tax season i can get the other things i need to start. So right now i'm working on developing fluff for the Malevolents with the others.

Belisarius, I'll see if i can, but they look exactly like the shoulder pad of my avatar. I'm glad you and the others like what we (zxyogi, 1000heathens, and I) are doing for the Malevolents.

Thanks for the kind comment. We'll see what the future holds for me.

This really is such a great thread can't believe the quality of the painting and the models and the fluff! The Malevolents are coming along greatly under the guidance of you three maestros really do love the fluff :)

As for the group shot just wow!!!! I wish my models would look half as good as that :D

Now it is just a damm shame a silly little thing like Christmas is stopping us from getting more great pics of stunning models - can't wait for you to get back to your models 1000heathens to see what's next......hope you get what you wanted from Christmas :P

Sorry to hear about the job.

I would love a tutorial on how you do weathering!! ~drools on your models~

The flesh is nice, the hair looks like it needs a bit more compared to the model but I'm not sure what... maybe a simple highlight around the edges of the hair? not sure....These models are simply awesome!!!

Archived