Glory and Hate! A Marines Malevolent Project

Hyaenidae

@tagsta: For right now, I'm just aiming at 1500pts...then again, I said the same thing when I began my 4000pts of CSM, lol. On a side note, here's the link(BAM!) to the army list I put up; which has a link to the thread explaining what and why I am not using quite a bit of equipment, or restricting myself severley. Any input would be helpful, especially from a fellow MM player. I'm new to loyalist armies.

@Zxyogi: Thanks for the comments, man...I really do appreciate 'em. And I do see your point, but I'll just keep running with the idea that they've been reduced to using inferior parts. I like the rust too much, lol. Thanks for the input though!

@RT Voril: Wondered what happened to you, man! Thanks for your help in the old thread, man...these guys are partially your fault, lol.

They are looking good. I can take that kind of blame with some pride :)

I (as one may guess from my avatar) play Blood Angels, but I have had times when blood red fills my vision soooo much that I have to use ANY OTHER color. So as a side project I have been doing a squad or two from other chapters. So far I have 2x full Tacticals of Iron Hands, and a 5 man Assault (custom home made bionics heavy). But I have run the course on those. Next, because of you 1kheathens, will be a full Tactical of MMs.

I have just finished reading Helsreach (thank you ADB for another awesome story!!!), and the Black Templars even as early as half way through the book were described as having practically no paint left on their armor and the metal showing through. Given it's name and heat resistant capabilities, I would say it probably looks more like regular ceramics... but if GW is going with metallic, then so do I. Plus white would make it look like everything only gets scratched down to primer :) Same reason Orks have red blood... green would make more sense, but it's just a representation we all accept at this point.

Marine 3 almost done! Just some touch ups, and the base...

gallery_37532_5399_2328328.png

gallery_37532_5399_225047.png

gallery_37532_5399_282248.png

Is it just me, or did he kinda end up looking like the old pic of Captain Cortez? Total accident, but cool. Oh, and next up, my first scout!

gallery_37532_5399_1078137.png

Busybusybusy...need a vacation...I'll update as soon as I can though. Thanks again for all the comments, guys and gals.

Loving that bare-headed marine, brother. Also, thanks for the rust wash recipe; look forward to trying it out!

And, yes, he does look a bit like Cortez... although without that horrible looiking powerfist! Oh and the lack of chicken legs hahahah. Come to think of it... no he doesnt look like the Cortez model.

@Voril: You better post pics, lol. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

@Metal Apostle: Glad you like 'em, man. If you run into any problems with the rust, PM me and I'll help as I can. Yeah, I meant his face looked like Cpt. Cortez, to hell with the old model, lol. That did look terrible.

@Cpt. Mick: Glad you like 'em, thanks for the comments!

Side note; here's what I'm thinking for the Scout's colors...

sct.php?b62c=@i1ccc_hjB4W.hxDqyhNDJwi7wOuiakk7@@hkYEPhk9nrhdfu0hk9nr__hdfu0_hk9nrhk9nrhU2mmiakk7hdfu0__....@@.iakk7.iakk7@@@@__hKnaRhKnaRiakk7&grid=TRUE

I'll be modeling their clothes with rips and patches sewn on, thoughts?

Ya man, its pretty wicked. Granted not as bad ass as a man who's entire face is censored.gif up but It'll do. msn-wink.gif

If it weren't for the fact that I already have hundreds of projects and ideas bubbling in my head right now, I would totally start a space marine army to go along with this.

Great work laugh.gif

Allies may be too strong a word. Since they hold to the Nikea Edict still, they might be able to get along with the Black Templars for a short time. Problem is, the MM are arrogant to the extreme, believing they're the best thing since the Golden Throne...I can't really see them having any lasting relations with anyone. Well, except bad relations...

Really liking your rusty yellow marines. I can see the RT influences easily, which is nice.

Have you thought about using rust colored pigments in addition to your rusting effect? Also, how do you do your flesh/scar tones?

@Obsura: Thanks for the comments, and you just made my day with that RT comment. That's really been my goal, bringing that rough RT feel to 2010. I use Tamiya Weathering Powder, which gives me that nice rough rust and half ruined yellow color. The flesh on the edges of the scars I usually mix 1:1 bleached bone and whatever color was used as the last highlight on the skin. Works ok on dark skin too, but a touch of pink helps. The recesses of the scars is just Ogryn Flesh wash. God, I love wash, lol.

@Noctus: Careful, don't hurt yourself. ;) Seriously, though, what's going on in that evil brain of yours? you got me curious.

*hands you a cookie*

Congrats man, that is exactly what I'm talking about. ;)

Yeah, I read the short story. Didn't give me much of any information at all, but I've expanded upon the scarps and have created something oh so delicious...

All shall be revealed in time.

Archived