Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blood Duel Forum Champions and Inter-Forum Battles

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,756 posts
BLACK TEMPLARS - Marshal Wilhelm (Marshal Wilhelm)
BLOOD ANGELS - Captain Karlaen (Knyx)
DARK ANGELS - Interrogator-Chaplain Jason McAdoo (Lord_Hail)
INDEX ASTARTES - Captain T'Sen (Loken of the 10th)
LIBER ASTARTES - Captain Bral Reiko (Codex Grey)
SPACE WOLVES - Wolf Lord Garm Ironhand (Warhorse47)
ULTRAMARINES - Brother-Captain Silon Almach (KhorneHunter57x)

CHAOS ASCENDANT - Ferrous Ironclaw (Shas'o R'Vre)
LEGIO MORBIDIUS - Fentor (deathshoul)
THRONE OF SKULLS - The Dread Lord Korotur (Bodacious2182)
PLANET OF SORCERERS - Aru'Bael, The All Seeing (Uguai Stormseer)
LIBER MALEFICORUM - Angerecton, Harbinger of Extinction* (DokSnyder)

ORDOS INQUISITION - Vorian, Grey Knight Grand Master (Vor)

* In validating this character I found that he didn't meet the WYSIWYG standard in that the submission included a Chariot of Khorne whereas the mini clearly had just the Juggernaut, so I made an adjustment. The Chariot of Khorne was replaced with the Juggernaut, forcing something to drop, so I dropped the Blessing of the Blood God. This put the character at the 145 point limit and matched him with WYSIWYG.

Congratulations to all those characters/members that are representing their chosen forum as champion (even those of you that are doing so by default because no one else entered a character - we all know that they were too terrified of your bloke to even hope to compete :) ).

So where are we now?

Well, it's time to commence with some inter-forum butt kicking.

It's only fair to tell you up front that the method I'm going to use to pair up combatants for the first two rounds is to match up Chaos characters with Loyalist characters (i.e., Chaos characters won't face each other until round 3). Beyond that, all match ups are determined randomly, with one lucky contender getting a bye. We'll leave the Dark Angels slot open until we have a named champion, though that slot will have a placeholder until that time.

So here are our first round match ups:

Battle 1 - Vorian vs Aru'Bael
Battle 2 - Captain Bral Reiko vs Fentor
Battle 3 - Captain T'Sen vs Angerecton
Battle 4 - Marshal Wilhelm vs Captain Karlaen
Battle 5 - Brother Captain Silon Almach vs Wolf Lord Garm Ironhand
Battle 6 - The Dread Lord Korotur vs Interrogator-Chaplain Jason McAdoo
Bye - Ferrous Ironclawb*

*Note that each character gets only 1 bye for the entire Blood Duel AoD. So that means that any characters that got byes in their intra-forum competitions won't get byes in the inter-forum (unless we somehow reach a point at which all remaining characters have a bye already). I've already verified that Ferrous Ironclaw didn't get a bye, but I'd appreciate if anyone can identify other characters that might have gotten byes (include a link/URL to the post in which the character's bye was announced so that I can validate the information). I'll update the listing with a superscripted b (as you see with Ferrous Ironclaw now> b) to indicate characters that have had byes at any point during this competition.

The members that submitted the characters above have 24 hours to submit their battle special instructions to me via PM.

I'll be conducting battles as quickly as possible. If you're interested in writing a batrep, post a reply here stating which battle you'd like to take (first come, first served). Once I run that battle, I'll PM the results to the claimant so that the batrep can be written. I'll try to update the list above with the name of the member that called the batrep in parenthesis (but don't hold me to that - be sure to check the replies before you call any battles, just to be sure).

I expect everyone to be cheering either for or against someone!

Edited by Brother Tyler, 11 November 2010 - 08:19 PM.
Updated with Dark Angels champion's information.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_14910_14794.png

Vor

Vor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 899 posts
Ahhh, so it begins. Vorian's standard tactics (ones declared at sign up) will be fine for this match up. Shrouding may help with those AP3 shots in the early rounds (at least I hope!).

Chaos Lord verse Grand Master. What a fight this will be.

Edited by Vor, 01 November 2010 - 10:26 PM.

Ultramarines Second Company - The Guardians of the Temple

gallery_26_548_4543.gif
Grand Master Vorian of the Grey Knights -

Bodacious2182

Bodacious2182

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 128 posts
Since my character does not have an opponent, can I have a bit more time to come up with instructions, please?

JamesI

JamesI

++ OBITUS CAELESTIE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 14,129 posts
I can confirm that Captain Karlean of the Blood Angels never received a bye in our AoD.

gallery_26_4045_8286.gif

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,167 posts
LIBER! LIBER! LIBER! LIBER!
Reiko! Reiko! Reiko! Reiko!

lord gunthar

lord gunthar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 380 posts
Noo, chaos are not cowards, let us face out enemies faces as we murder them rather than steaking around them.

Seriously good luck Ferrous.

gallery_11038_675_450.png

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,756 posts

Since my character does not have an opponent, can I have a bit more time to come up with instructions, please?

Sure. :P

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_14910_14794.png

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,148 posts
Brother Captain Silon Almach never used a bye. Same with the rest of the forum members for that matter.
Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

"I miss using Sly Marbo. I like to think he is still somewhere in the codex, but no one can find the page."

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,995 posts

LIBER! LIBER! LIBER! LIBER!
Reiko! Reiko! Reiko! Reiko!

Agreed. GO Reiko!

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Loken of the 10th

Loken of the 10th

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 162 posts
"I ask the Emperor Immortal to guide my blade so it may strike true, My Bolter shoot straight, and my Melta to eat his face. And my Armour, forged by the master artisans on Nocturne to protect my body from his chaotic weaponry, I ask Chaplian E'ktan to ask the Bless me with the sacred incense to protect me from the lecherous powers of the Warp from tainting my soul, And I ask Epistolary Ver'san to protect my mind from the taint of the Warp, so that I may defeat the Traitorous scum who have the misfortune to face a true Servant of the Emperor."-attributed to Sargent T'alin at the Cleansing of Lek'to in 782.M.41, One of Captain T'sen's favorite quotes when battling Chaos
Alpharious: "Yes ... well you know my opinion of you? It's reverted"
QUOTE (Pcm979 @ May 5 2010, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mephy? The guy who got trapped under rubble for a week? You do realise that by that standard there are a group of chinese miners who are immune to Instant Death?

KhorneHunter57x

KhorneHunter57x

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,986 posts
May the Emperor guide my blade, and may He will that I show the Wolf the reason why the vast majority of Astartes chapters follow the tactics and doctrines laid down in the holy tome that is the Codex Astartes. For the Emperor! COURAGE AND HONOR!

(and Go Reiko! Go Wilhelm! Go Vorian!)

Liber! Liber! Liber! Liber! Liber! Liber!

Edited by KhorneHunter57x, 02 November 2010 - 08:48 PM.

"We must thank the Emperor, I suppose, that it was Roboute Guilliman's gene-line that proved the most stable and prevalent. Had it been that of Russ or the Khan, for example, we would have found ourselves defended by feral savages barely distinguishable from our foes. At least the Ultramarines successors understand how to conduct war in a civilized fashion." - pg. 25, Codex Supplement: Ultramarines

Grey Hunter Ydalir

Grey Hunter Ydalir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,697 posts

Kill for the Liber! Cleanse the fluffless dogs of the under-forums.

;)

Good luck!

The Octaguide.
The Thousand Marine Myth.

On the scale mismatch of bolts and bolters by Coldfyre

"...I have seen the birth of this world and I have seen its death. I walked with the first men and I shared a beer with the last. For me everyone is both old and young at the same time as a million lifetimes pass before my eyes and humanity is like the grains of sand in the desert, each breath to me a sigh in the vast never-ending vacumn of space."
-Silver Phoenix

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,437 posts

:(

Good luck!

Kill for the fluff, kill for the fluffless! ^_^

Once, a Novice Cantus came to me, troubled and uncertain. A slip of a girl, only a few strides down the eternal path leading her to the Golden Throne. She asked me a question. She asked me how we can ever truly understand what faith is. I told her that there is no coin to measure what we feel in our hearts. There are no scales upon which we might weigh the faith of one woman against another. There is only duty and blood. There are only deeds and words. There is only the service to the God-Emperor, and the price that demands from each Sister can only be known by Him. But know that whatever fears must be faced, whatever hardships endured, that price is forever worth its full cost.
- Sister Katherine Elysius,
Daughter of the Emperor (later Imperial Saint Katherine)

Ace Debonair

Ace Debonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,434 posts

:P

Good luck!

Kill for the fluff, kill for the fluffless! :lol:

The inflexible chapter backgrounds of the other contenders puts them at a disadvantage! :)

Brother Ambroz

Brother Ambroz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,011 posts

CHAOS ASCENDANT - Ferrous Ironclaw (Shas'o R'Vre)
LEGIO MORBIDIUS - Fentor (deathshoul)
THRONE OF SKULLS - The Dread Lord Korotur (Bodacious2182)
PLANET OF SORCERERS - Aru'Bael, The All Seeing (Uguai Stormseer)

*cheers* Good luck chaotic brethren smash these Imperial dogs!!

Edited by Tanith Ghost, 08 November 2010 - 09:52 PM.

Formerly Tanith Ghost

The Ravitch Reavers - Traitor Guard

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,756 posts
I've fought all of the battles that can be fought, though we're still waiting on the name of the Dark Angels champion.

If anyone is interested in writing any batreps, let me know.

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,167 posts
REIKO! REIKO! REIKO! Go for gold! Or whatever prize is awarded for victory!

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,995 posts

I've fought all of the battles that can be fought, though we're still waiting on the name of the Dark Angels champion.

I'd be interested.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,756 posts

I'd be interested.

Just let me know which battle you're interested in writing and I'll send you the results.

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,995 posts
Hmm I'd like Battle 2 please, if that goes well I may be tempted to try a few more.

Ferrus Manus

Ferrus Manus

+LEXICANUM+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,708 posts
Fluff for the Fluff God! Grammar for the Grammar Throne!

(In other words, go Liber!)

My WIP Space Marine Chapter

Nomus Sardauk

Nomus Sardauk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,202 posts
Go Captain Karlaen! Be bloody, bold and resolute! Show our opponents the might of the true Angels of Death! FOR BAAL, FOR THE EMPEROR, FOR SANGUINIUS!!!
gallery_92945_11930_39378.pngtn_gallery_4536_13905_53919.pngFbm7BxJ.jpg6ACBl6j.jpg
Formerly SanguiniusReborn, proud Creator of the Scarlet Sentinels, my 18th Century British Redcoat Chapter and the Steel Legion, my Cyberpunk-inspired Lost Legion!

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,995 posts
Here is the Battle 2 write up.

Argon

Argon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 796 posts

Here is the Battle 2 write up.

This result is satisfactory. Kudos to the winner.
QUOTE (1000heathens @ Sep 8 2010, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
'A Loyalist Marine once tried to best me. I ate his gene-seed with some fava beans and a nice chianti.'

I have a blog now! You should look at it!

Current projects:
------------------
Index Traitoris: Oblivion Knights Theme found. Finishing imcomplete sections
Index Astartes: Marines Exemplar Currently working on: Combat Doctrine. For the Iron Gauntlet!

Loken of the 10th

Loken of the 10th

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 162 posts
I would be willing to do the write up for battle 4
Alpharious: "Yes ... well you know my opinion of you? It's reverted"
QUOTE (Pcm979 @ May 5 2010, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mephy? The guy who got trapped under rubble for a week? You do realise that by that standard there are a group of chinese miners who are immune to Instant Death?