This is the Liber Astartes, PART II

Shinzaren

panethon...weilding

Look out, two more typos! Warhorse, with me!

:: Crushes the life out of the two mini-typos with gauntleted hands ::

:: Puts two rounds from Spellchecker in their tiny (man-sized) bodies for good measure ::

Who said that they had them contained!

I am sort of glad that no-one has tackled what it would be like to see me fighting typos yet.

Like with the lost legions, some things are best left undescribed, only hinted at.

Plus, I'm not exactly tremendous at writing violence, and would no doubt fail to do you justice. It's the same reason Nightrawen hasn't arrived, obliterated an enemy to it's very component atoms and then given those atoms a strict telling off for being so easily seperated, and swept away as soundlessly as an assassin inching through a cathedral.

CMID:

Being the Liber's designated driver has it's advantages; namely that I'm allowed to keep my own bike that I put together out of salvaged or otherwise Legio-claimed parts.

The popular rumour is that everyone else gets drunk to cope with my driving, which I only get to do because everyone else gets drunk.

EDIT:

Not typos for once. Maybe it is the Wolftime after all?

know I said that I'd carry on the story, but things have happened which has meant I've been sidetracked ;)

However, until things calm down, here is a little something that came to me today:

(to be sung to the Nickelback song, Burn it to the ground):

"Purge it to the Ground" - Liber Astartes Remix Loyalist version

Well, it's a midnight, damn right! We're wound up too tight.

I've got a fist full of Heretics, the filth just hit me!

Ohhhhhhh! That IT just makes me crazy!

We got no fear, no doubt, all in (bowling) ball out!

We're going off tonight, to bring the Emperor's light!

Purge everything we want , Purge everything in sight!

We're going 'til the world stops turning,

While we purge it the ground tonight!

We're screaming at the daemons, swinging from the ceiling

I got a fist full of Heretics, righteousness just hit me!

Oh, we got no fear, no doubt, no feth and feth face!

We got 'em lined up, shot down, firing back straight Throne

We're going off tonight, to bring the Emperor’s Light!

Purge anything we want, purge everything in sight

We're going 'til the worlds stop turning,

Purge it to the ground tonight!

Ticking like a melta bomb, purging 'til the nights gone

Get your hands of this las (gun), Wolf time my ass

Well, no chain, no lock, the Rhino won't stop

We've got no fiends, no doubt, all in, bolter out!

We're going off tonight, to bring the Emperor's light

While we Purge it to the ground tonight

We're going off tonight, to bring the Emperor's light

While we Purge it to the ground tonight

"Kill, Main burn! it to the Ground" - Liber Astartes Remix Heretic version

Well, it's a midnight, damn right! We're wound up too tight.

I've got a fist full of Loyalists, the fools just hit me!

Ohhhhhhh! That IA just makes me crazy!

We got no fear, no doubt, all in (bowling) ball out!

We're going off tonight, to bring the Pantheons' might!

Kill everything we want kill everything in sight!

We're going 'til the world stops turning,

While we burn it the ground tonight!

We're screaming with the daemons, swinging from the ceiling

I got a fist full of Loyalists, Chaos just overtook me!

Oh, we got no fear, no doubt, no feth and feth face!

We got 'em lined up, shot down, firing back straight spawn

We're going off tonight, to bring the Pantheon’s might!

Kill anything we want, kill everything in sight

Kill, Maim, Burn! it to the ground tonight

Ticking like a melta bomb, purging 'til the nights gone

Get your hands of this las (gun), Great Crusade* my ass

Well, no chain, no lock, this Defiler won't stop

We've got all the fiends, no doubt, all in, bolter out!

Kill, Maim, Burn! it to the ground tonight

Kill, Maim, Burn! it to the ground tonight!

*I mean of course the Emperor's Great Crusade and not our Brother in the UltraMarines Forum :)

Not bad, Aquilanus B) We should have a Liber-meet (like our brothers in the Ultramarine forum have) and organise a sing-along battle between Loyalists and Heretics :tu:

Ludovic

I'd do a meet if I didn't live in one of the most remote countries on the face of the earth, and have no free time. That said, I'd do it if I could!

Damn being a working stiff. *shakes fist*

Thrown out of the building? You'd see the building go up in flames amid mass cries of "Purify them!!"

Oh, I thought that was assumed. ^_^ A bit of purifying is always good to get the bones going in the morning, especially during the winter months. Very good for the karma.

Well, to explain how I came up with the lyrics: I was re-reading this thread from the start, and I was listening to my MP3 player and had just gotten to a bit where CMID mentioned "purifying"and that all Chapters should be called "The Purifiers" and the song "Burn it to the ground" came on and as they say "The rest is history" :D

I had wanted to do a Space Wolf version in honour of our erstwhile Brothers, but the first one was more or less the same, but with less quaffing, so I put in the "Wolf time" reference as a nod to them ;)

I'd do a meet if I didn't live in one of the most remote countries on the face of the earth

Woah hold on their brother. We aren't the most remote country in the world. As far as I see it its the rest of the worlds fault for being so far away from us. Besides, I reckon those in the Middle East and some parts of the US are probably more remote. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

who killed the fun? Did I miss the War of the Typos? Dammit this always happen to me! I go and try to find where I park my Storm Raven at, and now the wars over. :cry:

:devil: maybe i'll bring them back... ;)

kome out an playe wit me...

^ah ha! a dastardly Typo, FEAR MY FIRE you spawn of Chaos! ;)

* loud smashes are heard in the hallway as the random Red Warrior fight with himself*

Now I've got you [slice] AHHHH! you've got me you fiend, you warp spawn, you've taken my left hand, but I've still got my sword arm to smite thee.

* RW runs down hallway yelling out, and spinning his sword in the air*

Since as anybody that has seen my DIY process knows, I always seem to work on them in the middle of exam block and I have an assignment that I'm procrastinating on... :lol:

As the Typo flew out of the already broken window of the second story of the bar, several curious things happened. The first was the manner of its landing. This happened not on the rather hard admantium ground plating but instead, on top of two marines who had just slid to a halt on a bike. As the dazed pair got halfway back towards verticality, the second happened. The Typo appeared to be sitting on the bike, misshapen limbs shaping themselves to the bike's handles and footrest. Even as they looked on, corruption started spreading over the beautiful paint-job. Clashing colours, mispelt chants and offensive murals spread across the surface. "Ring ning ning ning ning," the Typo muttered as one of the marines moaned at the desecration of his proud vehicle. Rising, both figures starting firing Spellchecker rounds at the mutant abomination as it started accelerating away. Most bullets sparked off the metal of the machine, only one catching the beast, just below its third arm in its back that had been making rude gestures.

"A hit, a most palpable hit!" cried Ignis at Ace's successful shot. Ace continued firing, despite the bike having passed the effective range of their weapons down the vast hall.

"But not enough of one," Ace grimly said. Clearly, the loss of his bike to the monstrosity was affecting him. He turned to look at Ignis and chuckled. "Your banner might need some repairs."

Ignis glanced upwards and only just refrained from bringing the Moderati's wrath down on him for swearing. Where once the mighty Purifiers name had heckled passers-by to join the chapter, the twisted words 'Putrefiers' were emblazoned instead.

"Right, lets track this son of the proverbial down. And vox the others. This one is ours."

The two figures strolled after the black trail of blood, it seemingly twisting into random letters and half-formed sentences. As they strolled past various portals, they passed deeper and deeper into the bowels of the Legio. Along the way, plenty of odd glances were directed at Ignis' changed banner. Eventually, as the dust thickened they came to where the light failed and history began. The two drew closer together. Although neither were exactly newcomers to the Liber, these were depths that they were unaccustomed to. Everything was just so messy, sheets of littered paper sprawled everywhere with only the occasional stack here and there. There wasn't any formatting anywhere to be seen and the nearest thing to a picture was hastily taken pictures instead of the artistically drawn style they were used to as a result of Brother Argos' artistic skills.

"I think we need a Librarian," Ace muttered to Ignis, both waist-deep in shifting papers.

"They're the only ones used to this much dust and besides, I think there are things moving around under this stuff," agreed Ignis. Both turned and started walking back the way they had come, starting the ponderous journey to the Moderati's room.

Oh, now that does it.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, takes a bite out of my bike and gets away with it.

I'm going to knit a sweater with that typo's entrails while it's still alive, then introduce what's left of it to my power wrench.

I'll get back to work on this story just as soon as my eye stops malfunctioning, which I admit might take a while.

Ignis, I wouldn't worry too much about the banner, mighty as it was.

We all know your personal chamber has at least another three 'Purifiers' standards in it.

Um...well...maybe. It could be more like eightish...or twenty-three...or 412....

Three, Four Hundred and Twelve, I always mix those numbers up. You've got spares, is my point.

My bike, however, is unique.

Bad things are going to happen to that spelling error.

EDIT:

Darn it, I have to stop typing after midnight. That didn't even make sense!

Archived