Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blood Duel: Battle 5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

CainTheHunter

CainTheHunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,682 posts
(...)

Brother-Captain Silon Almach was sitting in the muster hall, cursing Munitorum clerks and browsing over the data-slates. Supplies provided by the Munitorum were not sufficient for the Ultramarine and Space Wolves joint-operation. Apparently, they would not have been sufficient even if the Ultramarines would fight this war alone. Something had to be done about it and Silon took a fresh data-slate and started to fill-in his third report (for this week) to the Local Munitorum Office.

He was almost done when Battle-Brother Trasimach silently entered the premises.
„What is it, Trasimach?”
„Brother-Captain, I think You should see this. The Wolves have made their move and we must hurry, before there are any supplies left...”

(...)

A couple of Rhinos was parked just outside of the Munitorum Hangar and chapter serfs in grey robes were loading the ammo-crates into them, assisted by warriors in grey power armor.

„Now, wait! What is the meaning of this? These are our supplies according to the Munitorum decree 456-890233##YCQ-99451. So put them back as they were!”

„I don’t think so, Silon” said a huge bearded warrior in grey power armor adorned with intricate glowing runes and wolf totems. A necklace of wolf tooth hanged loosely over his enourmos brest-plate. „We were first to respond the emergency call en route to Fang and our supplies are already depleted. We need them more than You and we are going to take them. In fact, we have already taken them, as You can see!” the warrior smiled cunningly.

„You took them, so now You put them back, Garm!” replied Silon curtly. „And know – I am fed up with Your and Your warriors mischief. Stealing from Your brothers does not fit true Astartes.”

„Strong words, Silon! Will You stand to back Your words up? I know You do all those fancy duels with blunt swords on Macragge and then the winner gets an extra cup of milk... Since I hate milk, You will have it, when I win – I will prefer taking those ammo crates” Garm taunted.

„Oh, don’t worry, Garm! You will get nothing except some lessons on good manners and sound beating ex gratia!” And with determined silence, Silon activated his lightning claw, and charged ramming with his shield forwards.

Garm spurted forwards, aiming at Silon’s knee and clipping a shot. Silon dodged sidewards and shot went wild. Next moment he was onto Garm, kicking the pistol out of Garm’s hand and slashing into the opening, one of the claws piercing Wolf Lord’s shoulder.
Garm pushed Silon back with his shield, and drew his mighty double-edged axe.
Silon’s eyes widened when he saw the great weapon and he adopted the defensive stance dictated by the Codex Astartes. Garm continued his push, determined to battle on his own terms.
The first hit landed squarely on his shield, when Garm fully turned round and slashed at Silon’s legs. Silon jumped high seeing the blade passing under him and seeing an opening, slashed down with his claw – only to be blocked by Garm.

„Enough, laddie or you are for some more?” Garm asked, grinning wildly, though Silon saw some blood on Garm’s shoulderpad, where he managed to pierce the joint between ceramite plates.

„If you are tired, old wolf, you can just say so...” Silon replied.

„Bah, it needs something more than an Ultramarine Captain to wear me down! So you just going to stand there and fight with your mouth or what?”

Silon feigned attack with the rim of his shield in Garm’s face and promptly slashed out with his claw, seeing his hit wounding again.
Garm roared and kicked Silon with his armored boot squarely into chest, making him stagger backwards. Garm followed with series of blows, using both axe and shield to maximum advantage. He spun round, slashing high with his axe, and keeping momentum to continue his attack with the mighty shield push, catching Silon open and headbutting him in the face. Only by turning his face away and raising his right shoulder high, Silon managed to avoid the attack.

But the initiative was still lost. Garm pressed on, tearing hugh chunks of ceramite from Silon’s armor, cutting through his shield, injuring Silon’s arm and hitting him squarely into the face with his own shield. After the last hit, Silon lost his balance and fell on his back. With a victorious roar Garm slashed the mighty axe down, with Silon barely managing to roll aside, only to see Garm trying to pull the axe out of the rockrete floor, where it had stuck.

„Something wrong with You, Garm, or this is an excuse to take some rest? said Silon, pressing his claw against Garm’s neck and deactivating its crackling power. „Now, I remember, we were talking about those ammo crates...”

Victory to Brother-Captain Silon Almach.

Tried to mirror the battle report as much as possible :lol:. But You guys made this task difficult :tu: - very close battle, with no side gaining clear advantage till the last turn.

Edited by CainTheHunter, 11 November 2010 - 06:44 PM.

Fus Roh Da!!!
http://www.bolterand...24_3229_326.gif

"I'll tell you this, there are only two forces in the Imperium: Space Wolves and Support." © Jonny Wolf
"By comparison, we get cavalry which everyone is rightly scared of (everyone else, because of what they can do, us because of the £ cost)" © eldaran
"No Chaos listed because Chaos is lame and just puts spikes on Imperial stuff, and therefore doesn't really need its own release." © The Emperor's Champion
Space Wolves theme song

Warhorse47

Warhorse47

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,418 posts
Well fought Brother! When you are done with the milk we will find a couple of Bolter Babes and I will show you where we keep the hot tub and the Ale is on me!

Edited by Warhorse47, 11 November 2010 - 03:22 PM.

Signature not compliant with B&C forum rules
Sponsored by Wolfwhiz Ale, "It's in the Water"

"Most Astartes chapters are sophisticated, more graceful types who use Chainswords instead. Flesh Tearers, Space Wolves and to a degree Black Templars (due to their zealounsness) forego the sophisticated style for the kill it first, kill it second, kill it third and when it is chunks on the ground with blood spayed all over the place try to identify it. " Blitzkreig

[img=http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff303/Kevin-Andra/wolfhunt.jpg]
Visit my blog
[url=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=767]http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...&blogid=767[/url]
[url=http://www.wargameunderground.com/forum/index.php]http://www.wargameunderground.com/forum/index.php[/url]

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,148 posts
Wooo! Good write up.
Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

"I miss using Sly Marbo. I like to think he is still somewhere in the codex, but no one can find the page."

Brother Hadafix

Brother Hadafix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,526 posts
Trust a Wolf to bungle putting out the Ultras...

KhorneHunter57x

KhorneHunter57x

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,986 posts

Well fought Brother! When you are done with the milk we will find a couple of Bolter Babes and I will show you where we keep the hot tub and the Ale is on me!

Well fought indeed! But milk? Milk is for those dress-wearers who still haven't found their champion. We sons of Guilliman prefer something more refined after our victories. *swirls fine Macraggian wine in an ornate crystal goblet* Though I might take you up on the offer after the Blood Duel is over. :P

"We must thank the Emperor, I suppose, that it was Roboute Guilliman's gene-line that proved the most stable and prevalent. Had it been that of Russ or the Khan, for example, we would have found ourselves defended by feral savages barely distinguishable from our foes. At least the Ultramarines successors understand how to conduct war in a civilized fashion." - pg. 25, Codex Supplement: Ultramarines

greatcrusade08

greatcrusade08

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,547 posts
congratst to khronehunter the true champion progresses

Zynk Kaladin

Zynk Kaladin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,974 posts
The real victor here is the floor for being there when it is most needed/unwelcome. :D

Congrats to the victor. Enjoy your moo moo brother-wolf.