=][= Winter 2010 Community DIY Challenge =][=

Brother Tyler

Oh well, at least participants can make another black and red chapter! :P
Well, the voting process should weed out anything that is too cheesy. :tu:

Quick question, though... is there any particular reason why blue and white are off the menu?
Just to help differentiate them from the Ultramarines, Heralds of Ultramar, White Consuls, Marines Errant, and all of the other Codex Successors of the Ultramarines Legion that like to use one or both of those colors.

Quick question, though... is there any particular reason why blue and white are off the menu?
Just to help differentiate them from the Ultramarines, Heralds of Ultramar, White Consuls, Marines Errant, and all of the other Codex Successors of the Ultramarines Legion that like to use one or both of those colors.

Well, put like that... :P

A question, What is the "Inceptor"?

I found definition of Inceptor in this dictionary, but I'm no wiser. :whistling:

Inceptors are a 2nd Founding UM Chapter, and the parant chapter of what we're doing ... I have found little to nothing on the Inceptor Chapter however.

Inceptors are a 2nd Founding UM Chapter, and the parant chapter of what we're doing ... I have found little to nothing on the Inceptor Chapter however.

Ehm...

What is the meaning of the word "inceptor". I know about the Chapter, hence the question. :)

incept [ɪnˈsɛpt]

vb (tr)

1. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Biology) (of organisms) to ingest (food)

2. (Social Science / Education) Brit (formerly) to take a master's or doctor's degree at a university

n

(Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Botany) Botany a rudimentary organ

[from Latin inceptus begun, attempted, from incipere to begin, take in hand, from in-2 + capere to take]

inceptor n

So .... I guess they are the beginning :)

The colour scheme part is it? :) Tremble people for I have been given purpose! And yays to winning the symbol bit. :lol:

Cambrius

I'm sure the rest of the Liber Heraldry Department is equally eager to contribute. :P

I asked Brother Tyler about silver as a main colour, and that was alright - so I reckon bone will probably be allowed. ^_^

Congrats to Cambrius. I am sorry everyone had to put up with my awful graphics, but I thought as Liber Moderator I must attempt to enter as many things as possible....no wait, that sounds wrong <_<

Congrats to Cambrius. I am sorry everyone had to put up with my awful graphics, but I thought as Liber Moderator I must attempt to enter as many things as possible....no wait, that sounds wrong <_<

I liked your entry.

Since I entered, I chose not to vote.

Edited by Ecritter

Ferrata I didn't find your symbol to be bad at all. -_- Better than I could probably do now as my 2d Design software was lost to a virus attack rendering my home hard drive to be purged. :(

I asked Brother Tyler about silver as a main colour, and that was alright - so I reckon bone will probably be allowed. :D

I damn well hope it is! ;) Or my entry is rejected!

I'm sure the LHD© will ensure that an appropriate scheme will be sought. ;)

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

Thanks Codex. Not exactly what I had in mind but it idea was on a similar track. ;)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I did like the symbol you submitted a lot, its a combination of two of the more generic symbol we see alone but never put together. So all in all, well done to the other three to participated, each one was unqiue interestingly unique. B)

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

The question about the Inceptors has been answered. My speculation about the meaning of the name is that it is much like the Genesis Chapter - another 2nd Founding UM Legion Successor (a "Primogenitor") that chose a name to mark a new beginning. That's a total guess because we know nothing about the Chapter other than its name, founding, and progenitor Legion/Primarch.

As said, silver is okay. Bone is okay, too. That also goes for cream, etc. No shades of blue are allowed (which is really the more limiting aspect, as I intended). If anyone submits a color scheme to me that I find questionable, I'll reply (which should provide everyone with enough time to create another scheme).

Anyone can enter at any time.

I will provide the number of votes to each of the entrants that requests to know, but it will have to wait until I return home (out of town for a few days for the holiday).

Yes, I think I had eleven or so submissions the last time I checked.

And just to clarify something that came up in one of the submissions, don't worry about the colors of the Chapter badge. I required the submission to be in grayscale/black and white because I knew that we would be changing the colors depending upon the overall color scheme. So in one of the subsequent challenges we'll be taking the skull and talon badge, looking at whichever color scheme we select, and then coming up with the actual colors of the badge. So don't let the black and white colors of the badge as we currently know it drive the color scheme you develop (i.e., whatever color(s) you choose for the pauldrons).