40k Doubles Warhammer World 19th & 20th Feb

Iron-Daemon Forge

Hi everone

Just wanted to check if anyone will be attend the Double in Warhammer World on the 19th & 20th Feb??

I'm going with my friend to this event for the first time. He wanting to attend due to having few holidays to use & also want to check out Warhammer World for the first time.

I think we are going with (me) Space Wolves & (him) Dark Angels. Team name might possible be "I wish I was as jake as Gordon" name after a fellow gamer in my local GW store.

IP

Howdo.

Thankfully I managed to get tickets this year, well a mate of mine did so theres 6 of us going from our club. Havent decided on teams yet but I'm playing either wolves or orks.

Its also my first large event so quite looking forward to it. Just got to look out for those sly little tricks the seasoned players know.

See you there.

Gdd.

• 1 month later...

There is a FQA on the 40k doubles

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Custom...ck_13.12.10.pdf

Me & my team mate have our army list sorted, both seem to be ok with each other list. My friend going to try get his Dark Angels built & painted during the Chirstmas session. While I have one model to build & paint.

I am just struggling with conversion idea right now for this model, but will get somthing sorted.

IP

• 1 month later...

I'm heading up to the Tournament with my Defiant Sons and a friend's Imperial Fists, along with another pairing which I believe is Blood Angels and Space Wolves (but I wasn't paying too much attention). Colchester Represent!

Anyone else having difficulty with the army list restrictions? It's my first tournament and first visit to WW, so I should be excited, but these requirements are giving me a proper headache!

Od.

I'm going. I've gone every year since it first started and in that time I've met some great people and had a good time.

I've had 2 bad games in about 6 years (i think). 1 was a wraithlord spam on one of the top tables who obviously got there by using damn near unkillable units (backm when it was only 500pts per player) and the other was a real arrogant and patronising :D that thought i knew nothing about the rules.

Anyhoo, I'll be using my wolves and my mate will be using his Souldrinkers. Team name: Brotherhood of the Spear

Good luck

Anyone else having difficulty with the army list restrictions? It's my first tournament and first visit to WW, so I should be excited, but these requirements are giving me a proper headache!

No problem here, I belive my friend cover Heavy Support, I have Elites & Fast Attack. Got a good amount of troops in there & three HQ's (got to like the Wolves abilty to take two HQ for one slot).

Everthing pretty much painted.

Need to get around to talk to my friend about pick up's, etc.... All I been told is my team mate a fast driver.

Not really had any practise games & dout we will have any until the day it self.

IP

No problem here, I belive my friend cover Heavy Support, I have Elites & Fast Attack. Got a good amount of troops in there & three HQ's (got to like the Wolves abilty to take two HQ for one slot).

Everthing pretty much painted.

Need to get around to talk to my friend about pick up's, etc.... All I been told is my team mate a fast driver.

Not really had any practise games & dout we will have any until the day it self.

IP

We wont have any practice games til the night before probably.

Luckily my store has been having 750 games a lot for the Badab war, so been using my half-a-double list in that :ph34r:

No Problems here then again me and my partner are bot taking Orks to the event which makes life so much easier

Need a cheap HS that can do some Damage how about a 30pt Zzap Gun

@Dezartfox

You guys comming to the Fugitives Badab Campaign then see ya there

• 2 weeks later...

Army list just type & printed. I have a Melta Bomb to paint & that me.

Me & my friend should be in Warhammer World in the afternoon, no idea when, just know I'm getting pick up around 6.30am. Like wise we will both have our 1500pts armies with us if anyone want a game, not double armies, just our standard armies to get some practise for the Throne of Skulls in April. Our only games for the doubles is most like going to be round 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6. So we'll know how our army doing by where we are table wise per round.

I'll have my Space Wolves with can be seen around the fourms. While my friend will be taken Dark Angels for the doubles. But Fri night gameing, I'll have my Wolves & my friend will have his Dark Eldar.

Our team name is - I wish I was jake Gordon (jake is a term for someone who drink & is name after a legand in me/team mate local GW store). Shame Gordon is not able to come along to be our mascot

IP

Just realised I'm not actually going to this one! I'm going to the tourny the following weekend to represent our local store.

Colchester, represent!

Good luck this weekend, everyone!

Od.

Greetings 40k enthusiasts!

The doubles is almost upon us and I am just sending this out to let you all know that Black Library have announced than in addition to Nick Kyme and Christian Dunn, Andy Hoare will be at the Warhammer World on the Saturday as well. The guys from Black Library will be on hand for any questions you have, signings or even getting some novels ahead of schedule.

Novels available before general release will include Victories of the Space Marines, Fall of Damnos, Savage Scars and the Garro: Legion of One audiobook. There will also be the last of the 1000 copies of the Limited Edition hardback novella, The Bloody Handed, by Gav Thorpe which is normally only available direct for £40... but you can all get it on the day for £30!

I would also like to remind you all of the breakfasts available at Bugmans Bar on the mornings (from 8am) both days where you can get coffees, Bacon rolls or even a full breakfast!

Finally, the link to the most recent Errata (mid December) for the Doubles is here

Defo getting the Audio CD so I can listen to it on the Mon when recover from the travl & gaming.

Just realised I'm not actually going to this one! I'm going to the tourny the following weekend to represent our local store.

Colchester, represent!

Od.

In that case I'll be see you at the Tripple Crown event mate as I'll be there represnting Lakeside (not with my Doubles partner for this one but with the Dreaded 2's to Kill Darren Chapman (This Guy even has some Dog tags with this writen on that his wife got him as a B/Day Present))

Colchester, represent!

Od.

In that case I'll be see you at the Tripple Crown event mate as I'll be there represnting Lakeside (not with my Doubles partner for this one but with the Dreaded 2's to Kill Darren Chapman (This Guy even has some Dog tags with this writen on that his wife got him as a B/Day Present))

I'll see you all there, im representing Cambridge store with my Bro, beware of the Blood angels and my boys in blue (not smurfs though)

Did anyone get the results sheet?

I had to leave before they printed them, I'm ticket 092, Tim Davis and Piers Barrow.

I just got back home, but will check for you after I get some sleep.

Well done on Best army nominee. Like wise me & my friend got Best army nominee for my Wolves & his Dark Angels.

IP

Report just being type up, but going to be a while.

Want to thank my 12 oppent for six brillaint games. Sorry I forgotten most names, but if you played the Wolves/Dark Angels let me know & I'll get names onto the report.

For the main time

Photos

http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/.../40k%20doubles/

Also my report is kicking around on the fourm.

If anyone took a photo of my Wolves (Ticket 031 on best army nominee) then it be really great to see them.

IP

woo hoo. my space wolves are the first photo. Thank you Insane psycho for a good game. It was good to meet you in person and look forward to seeing you next year.

also, did anyone else notice that, at the back of the customer survey , there were 4 of GW's "good ideas" 1 was reduce the number of games to 5, 1 was to ignore the selection rules on fast, heavy and elites and another was to get rid of the aliance charts and just let people take whatever they want. All of these are totally :tu: ing stupid ideas.

I can see the future events now: Hi, we'll be using Tyranids MC's and a Tau gunline. What have you got? Well we have a Blood Angels Death Company supported by Plague marines and 3 defilers.

Bunch of tossers.

With the reduce game I can see where they are coming from. ToS was went from 6 games to 5, for me personial this help in the long run as my lot tend to left after the awards. Past GT been back home around 12am to 1am, or yesterday was not back until 1.50am thanks to the ^_^: worker that the M8 not putting advance notice on road being close off.

While ToS in Nov, I was back home that 10pm. But not just that other who have to get trains or plain who are unable to stay through the Sunday to the Mon.

Tzimisce169: Did I play you?? or just photo in general. Mind still blank right now, trying to build a new Land Speeded & drop stuff not been fun.

IP

Archived