Marines Malevolent

zxyogi

This has got to be one of the best weathered 40K vehicle paint jobs I've ever seen here. Great work indeed, made the yellow really work well with the black - not an easy combination :(.

Cheers

I

Thanks for the kind comment Isiah :huh:

Thanks again Brother Varen!! Next on my list....well next 2 on my list are the Redeemer and another Rhino variant,this one is armed with heavy flamers on the sides....[ its a Baal but i will be switching it around ^_^ ....],also working on a colour scheme for my termies.

Very nice; I'm a fan of yellow/black, and this is nicely weathered. The blue ammo crates are an interesting touch. Are they figured to be like a charging mechanism for the lasers like plasma weapons have?

Thanks!!

Yeah the blue crates are batteries for the las cannon.

War009, the Marines Malevolent can not reverse their black/yellow scheme due to it making the marine into a Emperor's Scythe. Both chapters have the same colors and are reversed in color scheme. But it was a valent try to add difference to the army.

I have been thinking of silver trimmings on the terminator's plates but not sure just yet on how to make them different.

I love the FW varient predator, been thinking of getting one. Zxyogi how are they in comparison to the GW predators?

Zxyogi thanks for the army group shots. Now you are making me want to start painting my own Malevolents. :P Still need to get the paints. Zxyogi what is the list of paints you are using and what paints do i need for painting flesh of bare heads?

I bought the Army painter Daemonic yellow spray primer, so i'll try to paint a test mini to see if it looks good.

Does anyone know how weathering powders work or if it is worth it? I must admit i'm new to painting and my modeling skills have rusted over the long years of not being used, lol.

Zxyogi, have you seen the land raider achilles? It is said to be found in Imperial Fists or its successers :)

Also that Mk4 siege dread looks awsome.

I love the FW varient predator, been thinking of getting one. Zxyogi how are they in comparison to the GW predators?

Zxyogi what is the list of paints you are using and what paints do i need for painting flesh of bare heads?

Does anyone know how weathering powders work or if it is worth it?

Brother Varen.......FW Pred,its only the turret and side sponsons that are not GW,they are ok,look different but i could not use the side sponsons as they were basically beyond useless,still waiting for the replacements! I used the GW side sponsons instead.

Paints.....Lyanden darksun foundation paint. Golden yellow,Sunburst yellow......flesh,i used dark flesh,Dwarf and Elf flesh [in that order].

I use weathering powders mainly on the exhaust pipes of my vehicles,use them properly and they are worth it,i am still practicing with them!!

:P

Greetings brother zxyogi. How are your terminator color schemes coming?

Thanks for the paint list.

Does that FW predator come with just the lascannon armament or different options like the GW predator?

Which weathering powders are you using? I saw one that is for concrete weathering and am tempted to get it. My only concern is how do you use them? Any toturials on how to use them?

wow!

that's one of the best marine tank I saw in many months.

Congratulation. 10 out of 10.

If I can suggest one small amendement: cover with black paint the transparent area of the "5" decal/transfer.

to cover the plastic reflection.

I use a lot of transfers and I found best to cover the symbols and the transparent areas with acrilic paint for the above reason.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived