Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blood Duel: Championship Battle

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,750 posts
The Warsmith brought his weapon to bear as he advanced on the daemon, smoothly pulling the trigger as the autosenses detected the target. The explosive projectiles burst across the distance, penetrating the crimson armour and exploding within the flesh of the Herald of Khorne. The Warp-born creature didn’t appear to feel any pain as the bolts exploded, however, and it continued its relentless charge upon the silver-armoured warrior.

Khorne’s servant retaliated, hurling the cruel black-bladed weapon at Ferrous Ironclaw. The traitor Astartes avoided the impact of the weapon at the last moment, hurling himself to the side and feeling the attack glance off his pauldron. His momentary elation at seeing the creature deprived of its primary weapon disappeared as the Herald held out his hand and the weapon curved back in a wide arc, flying back into the daemon’s grasp.

Ironclaw’s advance stayed by his defensive maneuver, the daemon’s monstrous mount moved forward inexorably, great brass hooves burning as they crashed down into the surface of the profaned memorial. The beast snorted burning sulphurous smoke, keening wildly as it sought to crash into its chosen target. Battle senses honed through centuries of bloodshed, Ferrous Ironclaw took stock of his surroundings as he watched the daemon-creature. The predator creatures he had turned loose upon the governor had all retreated from the summoned daemon, and each had been put down by the Iron Warriors arrayed around the circle. One or two of the beasts had evidently attacked the Astartes as Ironclaw noted that at least one of his bodyguard was motionless upon the ground.

The sorcerer was nowhere to be seen.

Ferrous Ironclaw turned his attention back to the battle, timing his next attack. He fired the combi-meltagun just as the pair of daemon creatures reached the appropriate range, watching as the rider took the brunt of the attack on the enormous brass shield it carried. Though the fiery meltagun could burn through the thickest tank armour with ease, the hell-spawned shield withstood the attack. Not slowing one bit, the juggernaut screamed as it bore down upon the Iron Warrior. Ferrous Ironclaw leapt to the side, swinging his power claw at the head of the mount as his servo-arm thrusted at the rider. He felt the claw rake the side of the beast’s neck, though the rider twisted its body so as to avoid the mechanical limb’s attack. The daemonic Herald’s blade swung into the servo arm, getting caught fast within the mass of the augmetic attachment and being pulled from the creature’s grip.

The brass-skinned beast stamped down with its forelegs, turning about to face the Warsmith. Even Ferrous Ironclaw used the remains of the servo arm to press his bulk to the side, the Herald again reached out with his hand and the great weapon withdrew from the Warsmith’s servo arm to fly back into the daemon’s grip. Before the Herald or Juggernaut could react, Ferrous Ironclaw used his smaller size to his advantage and leapt in, bringing the great power claw up into the exposed neck of the mount. The creature screamed as the blade thrust upward into the skull, and then shuddered wildly in its death-throes.

The Herald dismounted smoothly, feeling its daemonic mount lose its hold on its corporeal form. As the red-armoured daemon landed, the great brass-armoured beast exploded in a shower of metal and gore. Both of the combatants were thrown back by the force of the explosion, though neither was hurt in the blast. Both figures took a moment to reorient themselves, readying their weapons as they did so.

Meanwhile, the battle in space was going poorly for the traitor warship. Focused on surveying the scene planetside and with the bulk of the ship’s officers gone, the crew of the vessel had been surprised at the appearance of the enemy vessel. The smaller ship fired a great broadside as it drew abreast of the corrupted ship, destroying the port engines and causing multiple hull breaches. The counterattack of the traitors was nothing more than a last act of defiance as magma torpedoes fired from the Astartes strike cruiser burrowed into the ship at multiple points, including two near the bridge. The last thing the Chaos Space Marine lieutenant saw on the viewscreen was the livery of the strike cruiser – a crimson hull with a great crimson blood drop. Within the blood drop was a white skull and to each side was a great black wing.

The Angels Vermillion had come.

Khorne’s Herald recovered his wits first, the daemon launching his weapon at its foe. Still reeling from the explosive banishment of the Juggernaut, Ferrous Ironclaw wasn’t able to dodge the attack in time and felt the weapon crash into his thigh, the blade crushing metal, flesh, and bone. Ignoring the pain, the Warsmith fired his bolter, watching the bolts impact on the exposed side of his adversary. Again the daemon evinced no signs of pain, and though it held its hand out to recall the weapon, Ironclaw grasped the handle tightly with his power claw, preventing it from returning to its wielder. Enraged, the daemon burst forward at the Iron Warrior shield first, crashing into the Warsmith with great force and knocking him backward. Ferrous Ironclaw lost his grip on the daemonic weapon and felt the tug of its blade ripping out of his leg as it flew back into the hand of the daemon.

Dropping his bolter, Ferrous Ironclaw pushed downward with his freehand and brought his mighty claw up to ward off the red-armoured daemon. The blades of the claw thrust into the abdomen of the Warp-born warrior, and though the daemon screamed in pain, it was still able to bring the great black-bladed weapon down. The last thing Ferrous Ironclaw saw was the blade descending upon his skull, and then his head was split in twain.

The body of Ferrous Ironclaw twitched as the life fled the shell that had housed it for centuries. Still enraged, the daemon brought its weapon up and around, severing the clawed arm that had dared damage its body.

There were still more of the armoured warriors around and the Herald didn’t waste any time in dealing with them. Angerecton threw the great weapon in a wide scything arc and then held out his hand and ripped the fabric of realspace open. As the flying weapon killed two of the warriors, a horde of lesser daemons poured through the newly-created portal and attacked the rest. The flying weapon again returned to the hand of the Herald. Sensing that none remained to threaten him, Angerecton turned to look down upon his defeated foe. The Herald then brought its weapon down once more, cutting open the chest armour of the dead Iron Warrior. Once the armour was opened, Angerecton, Harbinger of Extinction, ripped into the chest of the traitor Astartes with his claws and pulled out the warrior’s heart.

As the daemonic Herald devoured the heart and the lesser daemons dealt with the remaining Iron Warriors, the screaming of something overhead alerted them to a new threat.

The Angels Vermillion were attacking.

Spoiler

Our winning member is entitled to display the following image in his signature (observing the standard 350x100 rule):

Posted Image

[img]http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/1291387383/gallery_26_548_3011.gif[/img]

Congratulations to our Grand Champion!

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_14910_14794.png

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts

Congratulations to our Grand Champion!

Congratulations Indeed! Well fought, and I know now never to taunt the Chaos Gods!

Although I can't help but feel that Agemo had something to do with my downfall. That plotting Sorceror has been eyeing me up for his revenge since I enslaved him.

As for the Death of Ferrous... Well, I'm not sure that the Gods will let such a promising champion rest JUST yet. Perturabo will pull a few Daemonic strings, and I'll be back to burn the galaxy once more. :P
QUOTE (Khestra the Unbeheld @ Oct 29 2010, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You make me sad; you are the destroyer of worlds.
QUOTE (Ace Debonair @ Dec 4 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damnable typos! They follow me like locusts, to sweep down and eat the sense from my words.

Crimson Fists: W:1 D:0 L:1
Iron Warriors: W:5 D:5 L:5

Ace Debonair

Ace Debonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,431 posts

Although I can't help but feel that Agemo had something to do with my downfall. That plotting Sorceror has been eyeing me up for his revenge since I enslaved him.

And I shouldn't have taken his bet that he could escape during the fight. Now I owe that scheming sorcerer a drink. :tu:

As someone who also followed the DttD tournament, I can't wait to see what happens next. :o

EDIT: Damnable typos! They follow me like locusts, to sweep down and eat the sense from my words. ^_^

Edited by Ace Debonair, 04 December 2010 - 04:10 PM.

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts

Damnable typos! They follow me like locusts, to sweep down and eat the sense from my words.

Sigged

Ace Debonair

Ace Debonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,431 posts

Sigged

:sweat:

That's the first time somebody's quoted me for editing something. :)

Captain Augustus

Captain Augustus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts
Nice go get em JamesI and the Angels Vermillion B)

Loken of the 10th

Loken of the 10th

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 162 posts
That shield that Angerecton has saved him from a melta blast 2 times in this tournament..... that shield is not FAIR at all!

Edited by Loken of the 10th, 14 December 2010 - 05:36 PM.

Alpharious: "Yes ... well you know my opinion of you? It's reverted"
QUOTE (Pcm979 @ May 5 2010, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mephy? The guy who got trapped under rubble for a week? You do realise that by that standard there are a group of chinese miners who are immune to Instant Death?

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,750 posts
As his daemonic minions dealt with the remaining silver-armoured warriors, Angerecton looked to the sky. He could feel his body repairing as his dark Master rewarded him for slaying the impudent warrior and the rift to the Warp widened, its energies sustaining the Herald. The screaming overhead resolved itself as he surveyed the sky – a flying craft was approaching.

As the vehicle drew near, it fired upon the daemons at the memorial. The sweeping gunfire destroyed the corporeal forms of a multitude of the lesser daemons, though Angerecton protected himself from the onslaught with his shield. More opponents sought their death at his hands. The craft alighted at a clearing near the edge of the memorial plateau and a ramp descended, crimson-armoured warriors leaping forward with guns blazing. Most of the warriors immediately engaged the remaining lesser daemons, but one remained in place as the flying vessel returned to the sky. Armoured in gold and bearing an ornate axe, this warrior presented itself as worthy foe for Angerecton to slay.

The Herald took two great steps forward, closing with the new opponent, but was stopped in his tracks. In the space between the mighty daemon and his chosen victim a great flash of light blinded him momentarily as a thunderclap deafened all those upon the scene. Where there had been empty space before, there now stood another warrior in heavy carmine armour. Crimson energy coruscated upon the new warrior’s blade and the Herald of Khorne recognized a witch.

With a bestial scream of rage, the Herald launched himself forward. The Daemon hurled its weapon at the psyker, but Codicier Celino deflected it with a twist of his force axe.

Celino brought his armoured gauntlet up, focusing the power of the Warp through his arm and weapon, expelling the power from the blade of his axe in a flash of psychic lightning that engulfed the daemonic creature charging him. Though the daemon’s body smoked and patches of flame erupted in various locations of its body, it appeared to take no notice of the damage and continued to barge forward.

Angerecton could feel the change in the atmosphere – something was going wrong upon the plateau. The linkage with the Empyrean was waning and the daemon could hear the same screaming that presaged the appearance of the flying vehicle earlier. He felt the urgency of dispatching this foe so that he could deal with the other threat.

Reaching out with his hand as he closed the distance, Angerecton caught his great hellblade and attacked the psyker in one fluid motion. Celino shifted his body in order to avoid the fury of the daemon’s attack, relying upon the tactical dreadnought armour to protect him from the brunt of the attack. The Warp-forged weapon succeeded in penetrating his armoured thigh, however, nearly toppling the psyker and preventing him from retaliating.

Sensing what must be done, Celino brought his force up to ward off the daemon, focusing his energy into the psychically attuned matrix of the weapon. The axe’s blade glowed a furious crimson, the power within the blade causing it to keen. As the psychic potential reached the critical point, the great daemon herald launched a furious attack. The great hellblade of the daemon penetrated the terminator armour, tearing through ceramite and tissue into the torso of the psyker, but the attack was too late to stop the psychic onslaught that the doomed psyker had initiated. Grinning sardonically as he withdrew the hellbade from the defeated psyker, Angerecton had no time to react to the explosion of psychic power that had built up within the defeated opponent’s axe. His mighty frame was buffeted by the expansion of psychic power and hurled back.

Dazed and disoriented from the psychic explosion, Angerecton wasn’t able to react in time to prevent the gold-armoured warrior from moving into contact with the daemon herald’s foe. The other warrior knelt down and placed his hand upon the psyker’s chest and seconds later the two disappeared. Looking around, Angerecton saw the last of the other crimson-armoured warriors boarding the craft.

And then Angerecton was alone atop the memorial. All of the silver-armoured warriors had been slain and his daemonic minions had been banished to the Warp.

Screaming his rage at the flight of the red warriors, the Herald of Khorne lurched from the memorial, seeking victims to slay and skulls to take from among those that remained upon this doomed world. He would bring extinction to this planet and take skulls for the glory of Khorne.

Aboard the strike cruiser Sword of Corinal Captain Ephasael knelt over the form of the Librarian within the teleport chamber. As Sanguinary Priest Berenn tended to the psyker’s injuries, the captain addressed the techmarine at the teleport command dais, “Is the target still upon the site of the memorial?”

“No, Lord,” answered the techmarine, voice distorted through the vox amplifiers within his rebreather.

“Then the beast is loose upon the world. We succeeded in disrupting the portal as the Codicier instructed, but the daemon injured our librarian in the process.” Looking back to the Sanguinary Priest and his charge the captain asked, “will he live?”

The Sanguinary Priest took moments in answering, continuing his ministrations on the psyker. “There’s a chance he’ll pull through. I can’t say for now.”

Spoiler

Congratulations to our overall winner!

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_14910_14794.png

Ace Debonair

Ace Debonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,431 posts
Man, there is just no stopping this guy. :D

Good show by both participants!

...Though of course the Liber will triumph next time. :blink:

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Good write ups so far! :)
So does this mark the end of this AoD? - Should I start moving my focus back towards the Nestir V AoD?

New-GA-hotlink-banner-190511.jpg

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,750 posts
Yes, this AoD is completed. You are free to get Nestir up and running.

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Thank you Brother Tyler! <_<
It has been around a year since the last time we saw any Nestir V action, so getting back into it will take a bit of time, but I will now start moving my focus more fully on getting everyone back into the Nestir V AoD and towards finally completing it.

A great big "Thank You!" to everyone who participated in the Blood Duel AoD! :P

Edited by Chaptermaster Graymantle, 16 January 2011 - 09:37 PM.

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts

A great big "Thank You!" to everyone who participated in the Blood Duel AoD! :P

And may it stand as a warning to all of you for what happens if you give even an INCH to Chaos.

As the saying goes; "Give a Chaos Marine an inch, and he'll summon daemons and use them in his manaical efforts to take a mile"

Also, THE MOST MAHOOSIVE THANKS should go to Brother Tyler and all other organisers/batrep creators... Without whom none of this would have been possible :D

JamesI

JamesI

++ OBITUS CAELESTIE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 14,129 posts

Looking back to the Sanguinary Priest and his charge the captain asked, “will he live?”

The Sanguinary Priest took moments in answering, continuing his ministrations on the psyker. “There’s a chance he’ll pull through. I can’t say for now.”

Spoiler

Congratulations to our overall winner!

Ouch! Well, Celino had a good run there.

Congrats to the chaos scum...I mean champion!

gallery_26_4045_8286.gif

Neigorath

Neigorath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 394 posts
*a head clad in black terminator armour peeks from behind a corner* "Did I hear someone mention Nestir?"

So, I'm here and ready to get back into action Graymantle. Also congratulations for everyone in Blood Duel.

gallery_11038_675_363.png

gallery_24779_1036_18403.jpgneigorathl.png
Once our great father Horus led us to the gates of Terra! There he was slain by the false emperor and his weakling primarchs. Now they worship that rotting carcass as a god! Horus might have been weak and foolish, but we, his Sons, still live on! Abaddon leads us to greater glory with each of his crusades and eventually we will show our brothers that true power demands sacrifices! No-one will stand in our way, be it the lapdogs of the weakling Imperium or our brethren in the other legions! We are the Black Legion! WE ARE RETURNED! -Neigorath the Thrice Accursed, captain of the 8th Grand Company of the former Luna Wolves during the battle for Cadian Gate.

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Indeed, I am starting to look more thoroughly at Nestir now, but as we are at 40% manning at work right now and will be until the end of march it will be a slow behind the scenes warm up form me.
I'm staring by reading through the stories again to get properly back into the setting, characters and such.
Once I'm ready to start full throttle again I will be PMing people.