Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iron Hands Commission

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Davey80y

Davey80y

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 376 posts
hey all

I'm back with another commission, this time we've got some Iron Hands

I'll update this with an army list ASAP, at the moment were two squads in one tac squad and one termi squad.

As is only right for Iron Hands we're gonna be using LOTS of bionic bits, so any links to IH or bionic ideas would be appreciated, so far I've been using :-

IH marines box set
max mini bionic bits
FW character conversion kit
FW Phobo's bolter's

got some char minis to come soon and a dreads will be on the way but will keep them under wraps for now.......

anyway on with the pic's

first off we have the termis

starting with the sergeant

he got a max mini head and bionic left arm rest is standard termi set

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Davey80y, 26 November 2010 - 04:04 PM.

Mike the Zealous

Mike the Zealous

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts
  • Chapter Name: Flesh Tearers
I like him, good job on the chapter symbol and he looks like an Iron Hand would, with the bionics and whatnot. Kinda gives off the cold feeling that id think was characteristic of the Iron Hands

Good job man, you nailed it well

Davey80y

Davey80y

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 376 posts
cheers :-)

next up we have a SB PF termi with a max mini leg

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Davey80y, 26 November 2010 - 12:34 AM.

lord gunthar

lord gunthar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 356 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black legion
I like the terminators but to me that bionic leg just looks too small for a termie.
Other than that they look good, the black is very crisp.

gallery_11038_675_450.png

IamCaboose

IamCaboose

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 150 posts
I think they look great, but theres something about the decals. The black around them looks darker, maybe its the picture or my eyes, not sure.

Caboose
QUOTE (Toasterfree @ Jun 7 2012, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what if i had to tap two mountains and a plains in order to summon my space wolves scouts??? OMFG! i dont usually carry plains in my wolves list! msn-wink.gifmsn-wink.gifmsn-wink.gif

Davey80y

Davey80y

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 376 posts
I'm putting both of those down to my crappy photography skills....

the legs a little small but doesn't look bad IRL (if it helps think of it as a pneumatic leg that can go up and down to absorb err recoil....yea that's it recoil :-P

as for the transfers you do tend to get a shinny look to them when the light reflects its that love hate relationship with transfers, again though with the naked eye its not really noticeable

anyway here's the next one

no bionics this time (must be all internal) just a SB and CF

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Davey80y

Davey80y

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 376 posts
no' 4

bionic arm SB PF

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Davey80y

Davey80y

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 376 posts
and no'5 the big guns

bionic eye, arm, PF SB CML

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and the full squad

Posted Image

slyfox.uk

slyfox.uk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 559 posts
Very nice :huh:

keith

keith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,430 posts
  • Chapter Name: Legio X - The Iron Hands
Beautiful work, the metallics are top notch, love what you've done with the helmets as well

My favourite part? The bases, what colours have you used? They look superb

Captain Juan Juarez

Captain Juan Juarez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,514 posts
They are good indivually, but they really stand out when displayed as part of a unit so bravo.

Did you consider some type of "scenic" base for them, or as part of the request? The style I think would it.
" They made you to be untouched by God or mortal. As I cannot kill you, so I curse you, not with death but with life.

I curse you - with the pain of ten thousand days in the Dark Place, with the life's blood of a mage's sacrifice, with Death's authority held in my hands.

I curse you, and I strike your name from history, stripped of arrogance and pride, empty of the self you once knew, gutted of all you are. I take your name and all you have won by the strength of your hand. I curse you for eternity, to find only darkness where once you knew your own face.

And I dub you the Ragged Man."

Natanael

Natanael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,798 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves
Some of, if not the, best Iron Hands I have ever seen. Crisp, clean painting that really gives the cold, relentless, unforgiving feel that I think the IH should have.

- Natanael
The Tervigon and Termagants on my right unleash a salvo of spines and grubs at my small platoon, forcing Commissar Hogan to order his men to bite the Emperor's glorious dirt and go to ground. Casualties are light, and under Hogan's gaze everyone claims the dirt is delicious.

Six-barreled rotary cannon capable of solving 6,000 problems per minute. I love assault cannons.

"Are there wolves on Fenris?" I ask.
"Go and look for yourself" he tells me, "Go on".

Dan VK

Dan VK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 374 posts
  • Chapter Name: World Eaters; 10 year veteran.
These models are fantastic. :D I know it has already been stated, but I love the cold feel I get from these guys. I credit this to the crisp painting and solemn colors. Even the yellow cabling looks subdued. I especially like the sergeant's face. I have a difficult time making flesh look pale and bloodless without making it look dead. :)

Awesome job! :P
QUOTE (thade @ Nov 26 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Smilies and winkies are important in a world of nothing but cold text. ;)
QUOTE (Frosty the Pyro @ Apr 3 2011, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
House Rules>errata>codex>BrB>that one guy that said that thing.
QUOTE (Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra @ May 4 2011, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stupid or not, it's the rules, and the only common ground we all have when it comes to this game.

I know I'm cranky; I'm sorry about that. Thanks for reading anyway!

Dan VK

chaplain belisarius

chaplain belisarius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,301 posts
wow! fantastic! im speechless! :(
coming soon; 1k sisters of battle!...(on hold till GW do plastic SOB)

currently inventing my own chaos warband-the death knights!

Life is a prison, death a release....

Dammit jim! Im a gamer, not a painter!

Davey80y

Davey80y

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 376 posts
cheer's all :-)

here's the first of the Tac squad open for and comments and criticisms

these are the heavy and special support for the first squad

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

chaplain belisarius

chaplain belisarius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,301 posts
wow! exactly how iron hands look in my head (well done on the plasma armament-always see them using high tech energy weapons more than other chapters!)

any plans to do a venerable dread or iron father? :)

Ravenfeld

Ravenfeld

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,005 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Hands: Clan Bracchus
Hey everyone!

So this is my commission that I am having Dave do and we have really put our heads together. I first saw his work with his little yellow men and I knew that he would be the perfect man for the job and so here we are.

There is a heavy energy weapon theme in the army with a focus on plasma.

Yes there is a venerable dread and a MotF (Iron Father) in the army!

I am as excited as the rest of you to see what the rest of the models are going to look like!

Glad you guys are as impressed as I am!

Army List

:HQ:

Iron Father Morian - MoTF, Conversion Beamer - 120 <--(joins combat squad tacticals in bolstered ruin)

Lord Volmont - Libby, Terminator Armor, Storm Shield - 140 <--Joins Terminators

:Elite:

Squad Volmont - Terminators(5x), Cyclone Missile Launcher, Chainfist - 235

Iron Brother Frem - Dreadnaught, TL-Lascannon -135

Iron Brother Brambt - Dreadnaught, TL-Lascannon -135

:Troops:

Squad Doran - Tactical Squad(10x), Plasma Cannon, Plasma Gun, Sergeant - Power Fist, Stormbolter / Rhino - 245

Squad Orlan - Tactical Squad(10x), Plasma Cannon, Plasma Gun, Sergeant - Power Weapon / Rhino - 235

Squad Morian - Tactical Squad(10x), Lascannon, Melta Gun, Sergeant - Power Fist, Combi-melta, Meltabombs / Razorback - Lascannon & Twin-Linked Plasmaguns, Dozerblade - 305 <--(combat squad lascannon)

:HS:

Iron Commander Godric - Venerable Dreadnaught, Plasma Cannon and Heavy Flamer, Extra Armor - 200

Thunderfire Cannon - 100

Total: 1850

The Terminators are obviously Squad Volmont and the above Tacticals are the heavy/special weapon carriers in Squad Doran. Wait until you see Sergeant Doran, he is very impressive!

For fluff's sake I can tell you right now that Squad Volmont is not only lead by the Librarian Volmont, but the Sergeant is actually the Librarians Grand-nephew, who fought long and hard to become one of the fabled Space Marines and fight alongside his venerated ancestor. I have developed my own clan, and my own clan families for this army so I am excited to make all the characters come to life with their own short stories and backgrounds! I'll post it down the road perhaps.

Edit: Added the Army List

Edited by Putrius the Corpulant, 27 November 2010 - 11:44 PM.

"Recall the Principle Lesson." -- "Only the Spirit is Pure - The mind may be swayed, the body may fail"

"Only the soul cradles vengeance - Become the weapon of the soul." -- "Where the mind hesitates, overcome it - Where the body fails, replace it"

"Aspire to the condition of the Primarch - Emulate his union with steel" -- "Never waver, never retreat, never doubt."

"The flesh is weak - The weak shall be purged - What remains is strength" -- "The flesh is weak - What remains is strength." -- "The flesh is weak."

My Iron Hand Clan Company-- IA: Clan Bracchus   <---- FINISHED!

Sigbanner.jpg

chaplain belisarius

chaplain belisarius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,301 posts
wow! awesome list there...cant wait to see the whole army! :tu:

Davey80y

Davey80y

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 376 posts
whey thats the first i've seen of the complete list lots of dreads makes me happy :-)

here's the Sergeant for the tac squad he got the powerfist from the FW char upgrade pack and a SB

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ecritter

Ecritter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,650 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sons of Pyron, White Hand Chapter, Stygian Angels
I'd love to have someone do a small, 500 to 1000 pts, army for my Sons of Pyron. These look great.

Terminatorinhell

Terminatorinhell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,370 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Guardians Night Lords
i like his powerfist it looks like a mini reaver titan one.

gallery_24779_1036_30733.jpg

The Emperor's Champion:
"Never forget, getting tackled by a charging Marine is a LOT like getting hit with a VW Beetle at 30+mph. A VW that hates you and everything you stand for..."

With a lonely whisper you hear him say, on this night you will die this way...

Davey80y

Davey80y

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 376 posts
FW strikes again :-) yea it is a nice bit of kit then again i dont think there is a bad lookin PF???

Captain Juan Juarez

Captain Juan Juarez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,514 posts

I'd love to have someone do a small, 500 to 1000 pts, army for my Sons of Pyron. These look great.

If I used what I've spent buying background and novels.. I could have commissioned a good sized army :lol:

Never really thought of it, until now...
" They made you to be untouched by God or mortal. As I cannot kill you, so I curse you, not with death but with life.

I curse you - with the pain of ten thousand days in the Dark Place, with the life's blood of a mage's sacrifice, with Death's authority held in my hands.

I curse you, and I strike your name from history, stripped of arrogance and pride, empty of the self you once knew, gutted of all you are. I take your name and all you have won by the strength of your hand. I curse you for eternity, to find only darkness where once you knew your own face.

Davey80y

Davey80y

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 376 posts
well I'm always open for new commission work hint hint :-)

reasonable prices as well (especialy compared to what some people are charging)

I'm looking for somone that wants me to paint them an ork or traitor gaurd army as i have loads of stuff for both of em after people let me down :-(

Captain Juan Juarez

Captain Juan Juarez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,514 posts

well I'm always open for new commission work hint hint :-)

reasonable prices as well (especialy compared to what some people are charging)

I'm looking for somone that wants me to paint them an ork or traitor gaurd army as i have loads of stuff for both of em after people let me down :-(

I'm the wrong side of the pond, methinks, considering your current client.. But given the quality of these pieces youd be worth the fee.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users