[DH] Dornian Heresy - Iron Hands Codex - Variant H

Honda

If you want to have the maximum flexibility of units without violating GW's IP rights, we could go with something like this:

bl.php?text=%20+++Index%20Astartes:%20IRON%20HANDS+++%20&fontsize=25&bg=000000

An Iron Hands army uses the standard rules and army list from Codex: Space Marines with the following exceptions:

:HQ: LEGION TACTICS

• Legion Tactics: All units lose the Combat Tactics and ATSKNF special rules. Instead, the Leadership of all units is improved by +1.

:HQ: HEADQUARTERS

• Space Marine Captain
  • Command Squad
  • Terminator Squad*
  • Master of the Forge
  • Iron-Father (see below)
  • Iron-Prime (see below)

* A Captain may take a Terminator Squad in place of a Command Squad.

+ DEDICATED TRANSPORTS +

• Rhino**

**Iron Hands Rhinos count as Fast Skimmers.

:) TROOPS

• Tactical Squad***

***Any Sergeant equipped with a storm bolter and power sword or power fist may exchange his power armor, frag and krak grenades for Terminator armor for free.

:D ELITES

• Venerable Dreadnought
  • Dreadnought
  • Techmarine
  • Servitors

:FA: FAST ATTACK

• Assault Squad
  • Space Marine Bike Squadron

:HS: HEAVY SUPPORT

• Devastator Squad***
  • Land Raider****
  • Predator*****
  • Vindicator*****

**** The Land Raider is treated as a Skimmer using the Ponderous rule as a Monolith from Codex: Necrons.
    ***** The Predator and Vindicator count as Fast Skimmers. In addition, the Vindicator replaces it Demolisher Cannon with a Particle Whip (see Codex: Necrons).

+ ADDITIONAL RULES +

A copy of Codex: Necrons is also required to run an Iron Hands army.

Gauss Weapons: The Iron Hands have shunned all of their normal armory in favor of weapons using gauss flux technology. All Bolters, Bolt Pistols, Storm Bolters, Heavy Bolters, Lascannons and Auto Cannons use the Gauss Weapons rules as found in Codex: Necrons. Flamers and heavy flamers count as Particle Projectors (see Codex: Necrons).

No unit in an Iron Hands army may take any weapons other than gauss weapons.

Relic blades may be replaced with Warscythes (see Codex: Necrons) at no extra cost.

SPECIAL CHARACTERS

Yada, yada, yada. You get the idea.

It is far from perfect and does not reflect exactly what we want - but this represents the kind of compromise that would be required to preserve GW's IP rights with a full army list.

+++ POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT +++

Notes: Baseline framework for DH:Iron Hands

1. Reference point, the HH book "Fulgrim"? Besides escalating my dislike for the EC to even higher levels, it is a very interesting study into the psychology of a chapter. I shall attempt to model the IH’s descent after the Emperor’s Children example in Fulgrim.

2. Now, I'm not trying to imply that the IH are anything like the EC. However, every chapter has its own weaknesses and the IH can certainly be said to have a full measure of pride. It seems clear to me that the level of respect and admiration that each Primarch has with his chapter borders upon or could easily drift into worship. If as portrayed in Fulgrim, a primarch institutes change over time, the level of trust that the rest of the Astartes embrace "could" allow the primarch to lead his chapter astray. Some might not think that is possible, that the nature of the IH prevents that, yet that is exactly what has been made possible through the DH. It would mean ignoring what the IH are in the normal-verse and accepting that they have charted their own course in the alternate-verse, at the direction of a malevolent personality in the form of Ferrus Manus.

3. So I see the influence of Ferrus Manus as more insidious, more corrupting or just as corrupting as Fulgrim was in the HH book, but in Ferrus own way. Remember, he figures out what Dorn is up to and turns on not only him, but the supposedly solid relationship he has with the AdMechs. He is not himself.

So, I feel that FM's influence on the IH is more corrupting, but towards Necron ideals vs. just being non-loyal. Consider that he wants to put all humans in construct bodies to "save" them. That strikes me as quite monomaniacal.

So what does that mean for the list?

a. In discussions with Bannus, it was pointed out that these events take place prior to a historical equivalent of the Codex, so the Chaos SM unit sizes and organization seem appropriate.

b. One potential operational model I am thinking about revolves around large infantry formations, teleporting in to grab or fight for objectives, using ICs to Gate or Veil units around and provide on table mobility. The HQ units are there to support the overall effort, but are able to handle themselves in close combat. The landraider is likely to be a firing platform for some of the larger Gauss weapons. As stated previously, it would have the Living Metal rule. So this would be a deep striking shooty type of army.

c. At the same time, it seems appropriate to add a couple of flavors of dreads and Tomb constructs in whatever form they may take.

d. My biggest concern is to not drift too far into the Necron side, but stay pretty close to the mid-point of the two codeci, that is an even blend. Given the influence that FM has on the overall chapter, I think it’s reasonable to expect that sort of a division.

The approach for codex construction is going to be rather simple at first, then layer complexity.

I’d like to start with a few things that would allow a moderate modeling effort along with the ability to play small games. So that would mean, focusing on Troop choices and let’s say one or two HQs, that are not a named character (e.g. Gabriel Santar). Actually, now that I think about it, it wouldn’t be that big a deal to throw in a Venerable Dread or make that one of the HQ choices.

Once we get the basic building blocks down, then we can add units with a goal of building the flavor of the list, without messing up the balance.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
It is because of IP issues that the Codex: Salamanders and Codex: Iron Hands projects had to change directions.

So from an IP perspective, we have to be sure minimize what we "expose" of GW rules/etc.

So if we want an expansive list with lots of units, then it will have to offer very few details and list only minimal changes to the units themselves.

For example; A pre-Heresy Iron Hands army uses all units as Codex Space Marines, but all bolters are exchanged for gauss flayers for +5 points per model.

Or we can have a minimal number of units and use the level of detail as suggested in the units in the previous posts.

What we CANNOT do is develop an expansive list with the same level of detail as the units posted previously.

That is our choices.

Are GW's IP rules really that restrictive when it comes to fandexes? I know we should minimize GW IP exposure, but one would think we would have a bit more flexibility than not being allowed to do anything other than add one or two special rules. Fandexes on sites like BoLS or elsewhere on B&C are a lot more detailed than that without giving away any significant amount of GW IP.

At the BnC, we always stick to the higher road, even if it is a bit more difficult. We prefer it that way.

Brother Argos and the moderati have laid out the conditions for how they want us to handle GW IP and I'm ok with that. I think once we get to the point where we are actually producing a document (i.e. fandex) we can get additional feedback on what they'd recommend we display.

So at this early stage, we're still working on concepts and don't have to focus on too much detail until later.

Happy New Year everyone!

At the BnC, we always stick to the higher road, even if it is a bit more difficult. We prefer it that way.

Brother Argos and the moderati have laid out the conditions for how they want us to handle GW IP and I'm ok with that. I think once we get to the point where we are actually producing a document (i.e. fandex) we can get additional feedback on what they'd recommend we display.

So at this early stage, we're still working on concepts and don't have to focus on too much detail until later.

Happy New Year everyone!

Obviously we don't want to replicate huge chunks of GW IP, but I think we can come up with something a bit more colorful than "Use Codex:SM, but replace all Bolters with Gauss weapons for X points" without causing any damage to GW's IP.

If you look here, they've used a combination of the replacement method combined with special units. I think this is a good method that is usable, but does not violate GW's IP rights.

True, but that works a lot better with Salamanders since 95% of the codex is identical to Codex:SM. By all indications, the DH Iron Hands are not going to be anywhere near that level of similarity; if the current discussion is anything to go by every unit in the list will at the very least have significantly revised wargear (Unless we go with Bannus' suggestion to just put the word "Gauss" in front of all the standard Marine gear and call it a day).

If you look here, they've used a combination of the replacement method combined with special units. I think this is a good method that is usable, but does not violate GW's IP rights.

True, but that works a lot better with Salamanders since 95% of the codex is identical to Codex:SM. By all indications, the DH Iron Hands are not going to be anywhere near that level of similarity; if the current discussion is anything to go by every unit in the list will at the very least have significantly revised wargear (Unless we go with Bannus' suggestion to just put the word "Gauss" in front of all the standard Marine gear and call it a day).

Yes, the Salamanders Army List (and Iron Hands one, too) is an example of about as far as we can go. You will see one or two special units, some special characters and everything else refers to the Codex. This works well when you want an expansive list that still has character - without getting GW upset.

At one point in time, we developed a Salamanders and Iron Hands Codices that had expansive lists with colorful variations for nearly every unit. But because it was based on GW's IP (even though it was significantly altered), we decided it was pushing the limitations that we abide by. those projects were scrapped in favor of the new concept. Does it offer the level of character of the original projects? Nope - not even close. But that was what needed to happen for the project to proceed.

So for this project to proceed in the direction intended, it will most likely have to make a lot of references to the Necron Codex as well as the Chaos Space Marine Codex and players will be required to have both to have a full grasp of the rules. The alternative is to allow for only a few unit types and characters giving a limited range of choices.

a. In discussions with Bannus, it was pointed out that these events take place prior to a historical equivalent of the Codex, so the Chaos SM unit sizes and organization seem appropriate.

b. One potential operational model I am thinking about revolves around large infantry formations, teleporting in to grab or fight for objectives, using ICs to Gate or Veil units around and provide on table mobility. The HQ units are there to support the overall effort, but are able to handle themselves in close combat. The landraider is likely to be a firing platform for some of the larger Gauss weapons. As stated previously, it would have the Living Metal rule. So this would be a deep striking shooty type of army.

This will force the army to function much like the Necron army. Also, the IA article indicated that the Land Raiders were responsible for the telepotation mobility of the army as opposed to ICs.

c. At the same time, it seems appropriate to add a couple of flavors of dreads and Tomb constructs in whatever form they may take.

d. My biggest concern is to not drift too far into the Necron side, but stay pretty close to the mid-point of the two codeci, that is an even blend. Given the influence that FM has on the overall chapter, I think it’s reasonable to expect that sort of a division.

I agree that the army should not be taken so far as to be 'nearly Necron' - as it would force the army to function in the same manner. I don't see the use of the Tomb Spyder equivalent - as it functions in the Necron Army in a similar role to the Techmarine/Master of the Forge functions in the Space Marine army. Given that the Iron-Father will represent an important part of the character of the army, I think he should fill that role in this army.

The approach for codex construction is going to be rather simple at first, then layer complexity.

I’d like to start with a few things that would allow a moderate modeling effort along with the ability to play small games. So that would mean, focusing on Troop choices and let’s say one or two HQs, that are not a named character (e.g. Gabriel Santar). Actually, now that I think about it, it wouldn’t be that big a deal to throw in a Venerable Dread or make that one of the HQ choices.

Once we get the basic building blocks down, then we can add units with a goal of building the flavor of the list, without messing up the balance.

To avoid expending efforts on concepts that might be scrapped, I think it best to outline the whole codex concept first: Do you want to go with a limited number of special units/characters that augment the Chaos Space Marine list or a completely independent/stand-alone army list? in either case, the level of complexity will be limited.

Just discovered this, but I think it is an awesome idea the Dornian Heresy is a great set of articles. I think it would be better to build a stand-alone army list as having someone refer to at least the Necron and Space marine codexes and possibly others could get very confusing. I think the suggestion that tactical squads have the same stats plus one leadership is good. I agree with Honda the first thing to do is basic troops and one or two HQ units. Perhaps Iron fathers and some kind of venerable dreadnought. I think it is also important to decide if troop units have sergents or if all veterans are in a wolf guard type squad.

Just discovered this, but I think it is an awesome idea the Dornian Heresy is a great set of articles. I think it would be better to build a stand-alone army list as having someone refer to at least the Necron and Space marine codexes and possibly others could get very confusing. I think the suggestion that tactical squads have the same stats plus one leadership is good. I agree with Honda the first thing to do is basic troops and one or two HQ units. Perhaps Iron fathers and some kind of venerable dreadnought. I think it is also important to decide if troop units have sergents or if all veterans are in a wolf guard type squad.

This has been considered before (both in this thread and others along the same lines before), unfortunately, this is not really possible. The reason is that as much will be copied (or heavily based upon) the Necron and Space Marine codices, GW could see this as a threat to their IP. That is why the constant reference to those codices is needed. It's a fine line, but it's generally agreed that we should stay on the inconvenient side when in doubt.

But such questions are needed to determine what codex needs to be referenced if that is the method that is to be taken. The Iron hands could be done using the Necron codex and any of the various Space marine codexes currently available some people have suggested the Chaos codex while others the standard Space Marine one but perhaps the Space Wolves one with some restrictions, special units and rules might be the best. If we are to make any kind of list, what codex is the main base must be determined first.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, it has been awhile.

I set this down for a bit because I wanted to get some conceptual and modeling work done on these guys (there's a thread in WIP) and then began thinking a lot on the codeci (?) for the Ultramarines as well as the Alpha Legion. The reason I started considering how I wanted the other two to work is that each of these three armies have the potential to be "out of the box" conceptually speaking and I wanted to ensure that they don't step on each other's toes.

I want to continue with building the lists in small blocks so that as I, and hopefully others play test, we don't get too far off the path as it pertains to balance.

So, where are we? This is a first cut at the list, intended to lay a foundation that can be added to as needed.

HQ

Iron Father

[named character to be developed later, likely to be Gabriel Santar]

[Dread character]

Will work on these in a little bit.

Elites

Iron Primes - In essence, these are derivatives of the proposed independent character that was proposed. They will have teleport and most likely a war scythe equivalent. To differentiate them from stock Pariahs, I think it would be interesting to give them gauss pistols and match those up with the war scythe. Since they are psychic nulls, they will have the Pariah's effect on opponent's Ld. Able to teleport. Squad size 5

Dreadnoughts - I think we'll start with Venerable and Ironclads. If we need to add the base Dread because there is a need that can be done. Standard armament will be Gauss cannon and DCCW, armor will stay the same, and we can start with one upgrade, that being extra armor. Able to teleport.

Troops

Tactical squad - All troopers are equipped with the gauss flayer. The Vet Sgt is equipped with a war scythe. The Vet Sgt may upgrade to Terminator armor. This upgrade includes a bump to Ld 10 due to all mechanization. Weapons can be either TH/SS or a Gauss Blaster. Squad size is 5-20. Able to teleport.

Fast Attack

Predators - Armor the same, armed with a Heavy Gauss cannon, still debating (opinions?) on whether it should have sponsons. Able to teleport. Not a skimmer.

Heavy Support

Devastators - All troopers armed with Gauss blasters. Considering allowing an upgrade to the Vet Sgt like Tacs. Opinions? Squad size 5, maybe increase to 10. Again opinions? Able to teleport.

Landraider - Armor the same, has Living Metal rule. Armed with Gauss cannon in front turret and 2 x Gauss flayers in each sponson. Still thinking on this, so feel free to chime in. Able to teleport. Not a skimmer.

Army Rule:

Phase Technology - Iron Hand units are able to teleport each turn.

Next step:

We need to stat and point these things so we can try pitting them against existing codexes. I will take a shot at these, but I also know that Bannus is good with numbers. :)

Anyway, I appreciate any C&C.

Cheers,

• 10 months later...

Hey honda and Bannus ive been watching this for a while and i hope you dont mind but i came up with a good codex please review it and edit as you see fit. most of these units have been played tested with good results. i did borrow some of your work bannus so i hope you like the special mention in it.

Codex

• Makes use of Both Space Marines and Necrons 5th edition Codex’s, certain choices are not allowed though.

The Following are not allowed in this Codex or in an Army that uses this Codex.

• Space Marines Special HQ Characters

• Space Marines Chaplains

• Space Marines Librarians

• Space Marines Drop Pods

• Space Marines Sternguard Veteran Squad

• Space Marines Vanguard Squad

• Space Marines Legion of the Damn Squad

• Space Marines Assault Squad

• Space Marines Landspeeder

• Space Marines Assault bikes

• Space Marines Scouts

• Space Marine Terminators

• Space Marine Rhinos, Predators, Razorbacks, Vinactors

• Necons Flayed Ones

• Necrons C’Tan

• Necrons Night Scythe

• Necrons Ghost Ark

• Necrons Command Barge

• Necrons Triarch Stalker

• Necrons Tomb Blades

• Necrons Canoptek Wraiths

• Necrons Canoptek Spyder

• Necrons Doom Scythe

The following Rules are edit or Adds

Legion Tactics: All units lose Combat Tactics and ATSKNF special rules. Instead the leadership of all units is increased by 1.

Gauss Weapons: All units that used Bolters or any other type of Ranged weapons will be replaced with Gauss Weapons or Bolters are now armed with Gauss Ammo which carries the same profile as Gauss Weaponry. No Unit in the Iron Hands Army may take any weapons other than Gauss Weapons or Gauss Ammo. *Exception* Other Weapons from Necrons 5th Codex are Allowed

Phase Technology – Iron Hand Units are able to teleport each turn

Reanimation Protocols –Is a model is removed form by as a casually, there is a chance that it will self repair and return to play at the end of the current phase. Roll D6, on a 1 – 4 the damage is to serve and noting happens but if on a 5 or 6, return to play with the unit it died from with one wound. At least one model from the unit must still be alive in order for any others form the unit to come back.

Ever-Living - Same as Reanimation Protocols but does not require a unit for it to join. Must be placed 3” form where it died.

Enropic Stike – Any model that suffers one or more unsaved wounds from a weapon or model with this special rule immediately loses its armor save for the reminder of the battle. In the case of Vehicles from this rule, roll a D6 on 4+ it loses 1 point of Armour Vaule from All Facings, If reduced to 0 on any facings it is immediately wrecked.

Living Metal – If a model with this rule suffers a crew shaken result roll a D6. One a roll of 1 the result is normal on 2+ the result is ignored. On crew shaken roll a D6 on a 1-3 hits as normal, on 4+ the result is ignored.

The Flesh is Weak: The Iron Hands venerate the mechanical over the flesh and treat Dreadnoughts and Terminator armor differently than other Chapters. The Iron Hands prefer to distribute this equipment throughout the Chapter - believing it provides greater inspiration to the Marines around them.

o Any units equipped with one or more suits of Terminator armor benefit from the Stubborn Universal Special Rule as described in the Universal Special Rules of the main rule book.

o Any unit with at least one model within 12" of a Venerable Dreadnought may re-roll any Morale or Pinning Checks.

• Clans of Medusa:

o Venerable Dreadnoughts may only be chosen as HQ selections.

o An Iron Hands army may not select Chaplains, but may select Iron-Fathers instead (see below).

o Any Master of the Forge or Techmarine equipped with a power weapon may exchange it for a relic blade for +15 points.

o Iron Hands Servitors are constructed with combat in mind. Use the profile, costs and options below for all units of Servitors.

o The Sergeant of any Tactical Squad may replace his bolter and/or his bolt pistol with a thunder hammer for +30 points.

o Any Sergeant equipped with a Gauss bolter and power sword or power fist may exchange his power armor for Terminator armor for free.

o Iron Hands armies may not choose Terminator Squads or Terminator Assault Squads as Elites selections. However, a Captain may select one of these units in place of a Command Squad.

All Weapons in the Necrons Codex Wargear selection are allowed

Force Allocation Chart

** means that the stats for this unit are in Necrons 5th Codex.

HQ

Iron Lord (Chapter Master)

+ Iron Court

Iron Knight Commander (Necron Overlord**)

+ Iron Court

Iron Commander (Captain)

+ Command Guard - Terminator Squad *

Iron Court ( Up to 5 each Per Iron Lord or Iron Knight Commander)

• Iron-Father (Chaplain)

• Iron-Prime (Psychic Nulls/Anti-Librarians)

• Iron Knight (Necron Lord**)

• Iron WordSmith (Necron Crytek**)

Master of the Artifacts (Master of the Forge) ( One Per Iron Lord Allowed, Not FAC)

+ Servitor Squad

HQ - Named

Imotekh, Iron Lord – (Imotekh the StormLord**)

Trazyn Gadamer , Iron Lord -Trazyn the Infinite **

Anrakyr – Anrakyr the Traveller**

Orikan – Orikan the Diviner **

Nemesor – Nemsor Zahndrekh**

Vargard Obyron - Vargard Obyron**

Kardan Stronos, Iron Lord

Venerable Dreadnought Bannus

Gabriel Santar (Captain, Character)Iron Commander

Brother Gaumech ( Does not Take Up FAC)

Names for People

• Gdolkin (Iron Father)

• Madeus

Elites

Dreadnought

Deathmarks ** - Iron Hands Scouts Whose Bodys where to badly destroyed to be just alter by Bionics, their minds and souls were transferred to the Empty Huss the Iron Hands Found.

LychGuards ** – Those Iron Hands who freely turned their bodys into a prue metal form. They now serve as the personal bodyguards to the Lords of the Iron Hands.

Triarch Praetorians ** – Those who first accepted the pure metal gift of the Void Dragon. They served as the guardians for the Iron Hands who rather chose to sleep and wait for their numbers to grow.

Troops

Tactical Squad - Any Sergeant may be upgraded to a Techmarine for X points, squad able to teleport, vet sergeant or Techmarine is armed with warscythe. Size is 5 – 20 man

Immortals ** - Iron Hands Terminators Whose Bodys where to badly destroyed to be just alter by Bionics, their minds and souls were transferred to the Empty Huss the Iron Hands Found.

Warriors **– Iron Hands Whose Bodys where to badly destroyed to be just alter by Bionics, their minds and souls were transferred to the Empty Huss the Iron Hands Found.

Fast Attack

Canoptek Scarabs **– Creatures made of machines that were found in the Tomb worlds, they heal the Iron Hands and when need be break away to attack when a marine falls in battle.

Destroyers **- Iron Hands Devastators Whose Body’s where to badly destroyed to be just alter by Bionics, their minds and souls were transferred to the Empty Huss the Iron Hands Found.

Heavy Support

Heavy Dread

Thunderfire cannon

Landraider - Living Metal Rule Armed with Gauss Cannons in front, 2x Gauss Flayers on each side. Able to teleport.

Doomsday Ark **

Monolith **

Annihilation Barge **

Super Heavy

Iron Hands Pylon ( Necron Pylon **) 

HQ

• Special Named Characters

Kardan Stronos – 210pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Master 7 5 5 5 4 5 3 10 3+

Unit Composition: 1 Kardan Stronos

Unit Type: Infantry

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Warscyte Blade

• Glass Flayer

• Resurrection Orb

Special Rules:

• Stubborn

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Everliving

• Enropic Strike

Options:

Venerable Dreadnought Bannus – 225pts.

WS BS S Armor (Front) (Side) Rear I - A Ld Sv

Bannus 6 5 6 12 12 10 4-2 8 2+

Unit Composition: 1 Bannus Venerable Dreadnought (Unique)

Unit Type: Vechicle (Walker)

Wargear:

• Gauss Cannon

• Close Combat Weapon

• Dampening Field Generator

• Extra Armor

Special Rules:

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Blessing of the Void Dragon

• Machine Like Advance

• Deep Strike

• Venerable

• Living Metal

• Ever-Living

Options:

Dampening Field Generator: This power field generator reduces the strength of any attack against Bannus by 1.

Machine-like Advance: All Iron Hands units within 12" of Bannus benefit from the Relentless and Counter-Attack universal special rules (see Warhammer 40,000 rulebook).

Units embarked in transports may not benefit from this ability.

Iron Father Sarlock– 185pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Iron Father Sarlock 5 4 5 3 2 5 2 10 2+

Unit Composition: 1 Iron Father Sarlock ( Unique)

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Mechanicum Blade

• Gauss Pistol or Gauss Bolter

• Servo-Harness

• Mechanicum Protectiva

Special Rules:

• Honour of the Clan

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Scion of Mars

• Lord of the Armoury

Options:

Scion of Mars: Because of their betrayal with the Adeptus Mechanicus, the Iron Hands have unprecedented access to rare technologies. If Iron-Father Sarlock is in the army, then any Techmarine may replace his servo-harness and bolter with a conversion beamer for free.

Mechanicus Protectiva: This stolen artifact from the Adeptus Mechanicus provides Iron-Father Sarlock with a 4+ invulnerable save.

Blessing of the Void Dragon: Iron-Father Sarlock benefits from the Blessing of the VoidDragon special rules, except that he needs a 6+ instead of a 5+ to make a successful repair (see page 71 of Codex: Space Marines for details).

Servitors: If you include Sarlock in the army then you may include one additional unit of Servitors in the army than normally allowed and a unit of Servitors does not have to test for Mind Lock if joined by Sarlock.

Brother Gaumech– 70pts * Does Not Count Towards HQ Allocation Chart If Army has Thunder fire Cannon, Replaces the Operator

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Brother Gaumech 4 5 4 4 1 4 2 10 2+

Unit Composition: 1 Gaumech ( Unique)

Unit Type: Artillery

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Mechanicum Blade

• Servo-Harness

• Mechanicum Protectiva

Special Rules:

• Honour of the Clan

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Telsa Munitions

• Ever-Living

Telsa Munitions: Brother Gaumech has access to special anti-tank munitions for his Thunderfire Cannon. These rounds are experimental and sometimes fail to detonate.

When firing this type of ammunition, the Thunderfire Cannon has the following profile:

Range Str Ap Type

ThunderFire Cannon with Telsa Munitions 60” 8 2 Heavy, 1 + D3

• Normal HQ

Iron Lord – 160pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Master 6 5 4 4 3 5 3 10 2+

Unit Composition: 1 Master

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Warscyte

• Glass Flayer

Special Rules:

• Stubborn

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Everliving

• Enropic Strike

Options:

• May replace Warscyte or Gauss Flayer with one of the following:

o Mechanicum Blade or Thunder Hammer for 30pts

• May take any of the following:

o Digital Weapons for 10pts

o Servo-Arm for 25pts

• May instead replace all wargear with Terminator Armour, Heavy Gauss Cannon and Power Weapon for 40pts

o May replace Terminator Armour’s Twin-Linked Bolter with one of the following:

 Thunder Hammer for 20pts

o May replace Terminator Armour’s Power Weapon with one of the following:

 Storm Shield for 10pts

 Thunder Hammer for 15pts

o May take a Servo-Arm for 25pts

Iron Commander – 135pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Master 6 5 4 4 3 5 3 10 2+

Unit Composition: 1 Captain

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Chainsword

• Bolt Pistol

Special Rules:

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Every-Living

• Enropic strike

Options:

• May replace with one of the following:

o Storm Shield, Power Weapon, for 15pts

o Mechanicum Blade or Thunder Hammer for 30pts

o Digital Weapons for 10pts

o Servo-Arm for 25pts

• May instead replace all wargear with Terminator Armour, Gauss Blaster and Power Weapon for 40pts

o May replace Terminator Armour’s Twin-Linked Bolter with one of the following:

 Thunder Hammer for 20pts

o May replace Terminator Armour’s Power Weapon with one of the following:

 Storm Shield for 10pts

 Thunder Hammer for 15pts

o May take a Servo-Arm for 25pts

Royal Court

The following HQ choices are not counted towards the normal FOC

Iron Father – 150pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Iron Father 5 5 4 4 2 5 2 10 3+

Unit Composition: 1 Iron Father

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Mechanicum Blade

• Servo-Harness

• Mechanicum Protectiva

Special Rules:

• Honour of the Clan

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Bolster Defences

• Lord of the Armoury

• Ever-Living

Options:

• May replace his Servo-Harness with a Conversion Beamer for 20pts

• May replace Gauss Boltgun with one of the following:

o Twin-Linked Gauss Bolter for 5pts

o Combi-Weapon for 10pts

o Gauss Pistol for 15pts

• May take Digital Weapons for 10pts

• May replace Mechanicum Blade with a Thunder Hammer for 5pts

Servitors: You may include one unit of Servitors in your army for each Iron-Father selected.

Iron Prime – 100 points

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Iron Prime 5 5 4 4 2 5 2 10 3+

Unit Composition: 1 Iron Prime

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Warscythe

• Gauss Blaster

• Phase Shifter

• Disruption Fields

Special Rules:

• Deep Strike

• Independent Character

• Psychic Null

• Everliving

Psychic Null: Any psyker within 24" of an Iron-Prime at the start of their turn must make take a Morale Check or fall back with any squad they are attached to. If the psyker fails the moral test while in close combat, he will not fall back but will only hit on a 6+ in the close combat phase. If a psyker is required to take a psychic test (while using one of his powers) within 24" of the Iron-Superior, he must re-roll any successful tests. The second result stands even if it succeeds again.

Master of the Artifacts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Master of the Artifacts 4 5 4 4 2 4 2 10 2+

Unit Composition: 1 Master

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Servo-Arm

Special Rules:

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Ever-Living

Options:

• Upgrade Servo-Arm to a Servo-Harness for 25pts

• May replace Bolter with one of the following:

o Plasma Pistol for 15pts

o Combi-Weapon for 10pts

• May take one of the following:

o Power Weapon for 15pts

o Thunder Hammer for 30pts

Makes Dreadnoughts Heavy and Elites Choices

Elites

Techmarine – 60pts

For every Techmarine in the army, you may take one Servitor Maniple. These do not take up FOC slots.

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Techmarine 4 4 4 4 1 4 1 8 2+

Unit Composition: 1 Techmarine

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Servo-Arm

• Boltgun or Bolt Pistol

Special Rules:

• Feel No Pain

• Independent Character

• Ever-Living

Options:

• Upgrade Servo-Arm to a Servo-Harness for 25pts

• May replace Bolter with one of the following:

o Plasma Pistol for 15pts

o Combi-Weapon for 10pts

• May take one of the following:

o Power Weapon for 15pts

o Thunder Hammer for 30pts

Dreadnought - 110pts

Armour

BS F S R

Dreadnought 4 12 12 10

Unit Composition: 1 Dreadnought

Unit Type: Vehicle (Walker)

Wargear:

• Twin-Linked Gauss Cannons

• Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon

Options:

Troops

Iron Hands Squad – 175pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Iron Hands Sergeant 4 4 4 4 1 4 2 10 3+

Iron Hands Marine 4 4 4 4 1 4 2 9 3+

Unit Composition:

• 1 Iron Hands Sergeant

• 4 Marines

Wargear:

• Power Armour

• Gauss Flayer

• Disruption Fields

• Canotek Scarab Impant

Special Rules:

• Deep Strike

• Canotek Scarab Implant

• Reanimation Protocols

Options:

• May include up to 15 additional iron hands marines for + 20 each

• One Marine in 5 May replace his Flayer with a Gauss Blaster ….. +5

• The Iron Hands Sergeant may take a Warscythe for +10 points

Special Rule:

• Canotek Scarab Implant – In the result that the Ironhand Marine is taken out of play roll a D6, on 3+ the scarab breaks free and creates Canotek Scarab Swarm.

Iron Hands Servitors – 20pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Servitors 3 3 3 5 1 1 1 8 5+

Unit Composition:

• 1 Servitor

Wargear:

• Servo-arm

• Close Combat Impants

Special Rules:

• Mindlock

You may select one unit of Servitors for each Master of the Forge, Iron-Father, Techmarine and Techmarine Gunner in the army.

Options:

• May include up to four additional servitors for +20 points/model.

• Close Combat Implants: Counts as a power weapon

Heavy Support

Thunderfire Cannon – 120pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Techmarine Gunner 4 4 4 4 1 4 1 8 2+

Unit Composition: 1 Techmarine Gunner and 1 Thunderfire Cannon

Unit Type: Artillery

Wargear:

• Artificer Armour

• Bolt Pistol

• Servo-Harness

Special Rules:

• Feel No Pain

• Bolster Defences

• Ever-Living

Land Raider - 250pts

Armour

BS F S R

Land Raider 4 14 14 14

Unit Composition: 1 Land Raider

Unit Type: Tank

Wargear:

• Twin-Linked Gauss Cannon

• Two Twin-Linked Blasters

• Searchlight

Special Rules:

• Living Metal

Options:

Super Heavy Support

Necron Pylon - 420 points.

Armour, Front 14, Side 14, Rear 14 - Ballistic Skill 4.

Type - Immobile.

Crew - None.

Structure points - 2.

Weapons - Particle Accelerator OR Gauss Flux Arc Projector.

Transport - 0.

Special Rules

Living Metal

The Pylon is constructed of the same living Necron metal as the Monolith, capable of self-repairing and adapting its structure to resist incoming attacks.

Attacks which count the target's armour as being less than it really is (such as bright lancers and blasters) do not do so against the Pylon. Similarly, weapons that get additional Armour Penetration dice (such as chainfists, Monstrous Creatures or Melta weapons) do not get the extra dice against the Pylon.

Ordnance weapons still roll 2D6 for Armour Penetration and select the highest score.

Deep Strike

A Necron attack can be supported by Pylons teleporting to the surface.

When defending a tombworld dormant Pylons can suddenly rise from the ground to engage trespassers.

A Pylon may therefore be deployed by Deep Strike if the special rules for the mission being played allow it.

Because of the Pylons size it is not destroyed if there is an enemy within 1" when it arrives. Instead move any models that are in the way the minimum distance necessary to make space for the Pylon.

A Pylon that lands in impassable terrain is not destroyed but takes an immediate glancing hit.

Move the Pylon the minimum distance possible to avoid the dangerous terrain. If the scenario does not use the Deep Strike special rule then the Pylon must set up with the rest of the army as normal.

Damage Effects

Roll to damage the Pylon on the super-heavy tank damage tables. As the Pylon has no crew these tables are modified as follows;

Gun Crew Shaken result means that the Pylon can not fire one of its weapon modes next turn. Which mode is chosen by the opponent. The other weapon mode may fire normally.

Driver stunner and Engines damaged both have no effect on the Pylon, as it neither has a driver or an engine.

Each Field or Weapon Destroyed result reduces the Gauss Flux Arc by -1 shot, and also reduces the strength of the Particle Accelerator by -1.

Firing Modes: The Pylon can be used in one of two ways, either as a Gauss Flux Arc Projector or as a Particle Accelerator. Choose which mode the Pylon will use to fire before rolling any dice.

Gauss Flux Arc Projector

The Pylon unleashes blasts of energy arcing in all directions. It fires D6 shots at every enemy unit with a model within 12" of the Pylons base.

Range 12", Strength 5, AP 4, Type; Heavy D6 per unit.

Particle Accelerator

The Pylon focus' the energy into one particle beam, which carries a single powerful bolt. The Particle Accelerator is a larger version of the particle whip, capable of engaging targets at very long ranges and responding to any threat, whether it be ground targets or incoming aircraft.

Range 12-120", Strength 9, AP 3, Type; Ordnance 1/Blast, AA mount, Titan Killer.

Any model under the hole in the center of the template is hit with an AP1 attack. It is an Ordnance weapon and counts as an AA mount. Such are the weapons vast energies that it causes 1D3 Structure Points of damage per hit.

Ferrus Manus

WS:7 BS:6 S:5 T:5 W:4 I:6 A:5 Ld:10 Sv:2+ (4+)

Weapons: Artificer armour, Forgebreaker, Silver Hands,

Forgebreaker: Is a Legendary Thunderhammer that ignores Invulnerable Saves and rolls 2d6 for Armor Penetration.

Silver Hands or the Worm: Counts as 2 Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons

Special Rules:

Primarch: Ferrus Manus is one of the Emperor's Sons and as such benifits from the Primarch Special Rule.

Feats of Strength: Ferrus Manus did not become a great leader on the planet he was found on like the other Primarchs. Instead he was a vagabond, neutral in all of the local clan affairs and sought out physical tests to improve himself. Ferrus Manus benifits from a 4+ Invulnerable Save.

Overwhelming Rage: When Fulgrim attempted to turn him to Chaos, Ferrus Manus was enraged. It was in this great anger that he ignored the counsel of Vulkan and Corax and rushed into the massacre on Istavaan. At the beginning of each turn, Ferrus Manus must make a Leadership test. Should he fail, he and any unit he is attached to must move towards the nearest enemy unit. If an enemy unit is within 6" of Ferrus Manus he must Charge them during the Assault Phase.

Purge the Weak: Ferrus Manus was known to be a Primarch of unparalled duty. He lead his Legion into the heart of battle and crushed the enemies of the Imperium, whom he saw as weak. As long as he is alive, Ferrus Manus, and any squad of Iron Hands Space Marines in his army, hit enemy models with a Leadership value of 8 or less on a 3+ in close combat.

Archived