Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Terminator wing [1800]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

Maximvs

Maximvs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
Well, I'm not planning to run this list yet (maybe in a future, when I have the models), but wondering about how to play a heavy terminator chaos list. Here are my thoughts:

Abaddon - 275

4x Terminator, 3x Lightning claws, 1x HF+CF, MoT - 205
-Dedicated Land Raider w/DP - 240

4x Terminator, 3x combi-melta, 1x HF+CF - 155

4x Terminator, 3x combi-melta, 1x HF+CF - 155

20x CSM, champ with combiplas & PF, plasmagun, autocannon, IoCG - 385

20x CSM, champ with combiplas & PF, plasmagun, autocannon, IoCG - 385

Total 1800

Thoughts?

Edited by Maximvs, 07 December 2010 - 03:58 PM.

Click on the shinny images below to see my stuff. Or die.

tw_userbar.jpg?w=350

artblog_userbar.jpg?w=350

warblog-userbar-ii.jpg?w=350

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,789 posts
short version it aint viable
longer version . 20 man squads are bad specialy as campers , termis as base of a list are bad too. 2 troops in 1500+pts games are asking for losing any objective missions.
vhy flamers on termis are very very hard to use , bordering on impossible . single LR in 1500 pts as only AV model are dead. slogger list are not viable for chaos .

Belfegor

x2 heralds of tzeench, ML3 Disks+Exalted Rewards
x2 heralds of tzeench, ML3 Disks

1x6 Screamers
3x11 Pink Horrors +18 Pink Horrors

battleforged 1499 ,24 power dice to Forge the Narrative.

Maximvs

Maximvs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
Ok, so, keeping in mind the theme, how you would make a CSM terminator wing?

The flamer was intended to DS near hordes (against blob guard lists or tyranid swarmlist) with the icon of Abby then toast them.

tw_userbar.jpg?w=350

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,065 posts
Normal Chaos army, but instead of Oblits probably Terminator squads... Or safe points on troops to include both Oblits and Termies.

1800?

Hq
Prince; wings 130
Prince; wings 130

Elite
4 Termies 175
-3x combiemeltas
-Reaper + chainfist

4 Termies 175
-3x combiemeltas
-Reaper + chainfist

4 Termies 175
-3x combiemeltas
-Reaper + chainfist

Troops
5 Plague Marines 170
-2x melta + Rhino

5 Plague marines 170
-2x melta + Rhino

10 CSM 220
-Autocannon + plasma
-IoCG + Rhino

Heavy Support
2 Oblits 150
2 Oblits 150
2 Oblits 150

Total: 1795

(bit) low on Anti-infantry/horde though...Maybe change the Plague marine squads to 2x flamer instead + a combiemelta on their rhino (as you safe 10 points on each squad by changing to 2x melta).
But I would not be that afraid of 'horde' armies as they aren't the best armies around anyway.

Terminator HQ's suck...a lot. We dont have Droppods and no proper Land Raider (and not really a good Termi HQ choice either...) which makes him a nuisance to base your list around. Abby + Zerkers in a Land Raider is the 'best' option I guess.

Edited by Zhukov, 07 December 2010 - 06:38 PM.

I'm open to messages again if you want help or advice from me.

You can ask me anything.

breng77

breng77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,753 posts
Personally I would not consider either of these lists terminator heavy. 4 Man terminator Squads are not scaring anyone.

If I wanted Termi Heavy I would go

2 x DP w/ Wings MON WT.

10x Termies (IOT, 2 Reapers, 5 Combi-plasma, 3 Combi-melta, 1 chainfist, 1 Powerfist)

2x 4 Termies (IOT Reaper, 3 COmbi-melta)

2 x 5 CSM

3 x 2 Obilts.

Super competitive, not really, but terminator heavy yup, 24 Terminator armored models.

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts

If I wanted Termi Heavy I would go

2 x DP w/ Wings MON WT.

10x Termies (IOT, 2 Reapers, 5 Combi-plasma, 3 Combi-melta, 1 chainfist, 1 Powerfist)

2x 4 Termies (IOT Reaper, 3 COmbi-melta)

2 x 5 CSM

3 x 2 Obilts.

Or lose the 2x DP's for 2x Termie Lords with MoTz and DW. Leaving 30pts left to buy a Plasmagun for each CSM Squad, and packing two more terminators with big guns ;)

Not really competitive, but on "Shock and Awe" grounds, genuinely kickass.
QUOTE (Khestra the Unbeheld @ Oct 29 2010, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You make me sad; you are the destroyer of worlds.
QUOTE (Ace Debonair @ Dec 4 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damnable typos! They follow me like locusts, to sweep down and eat the sense from my words.

Crimson Fists: W:1 D:0 L:1
Iron Warriors: W:5 D:5 L:5

Maximvs

Maximvs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
I like both concepts, just don't like the troops section, because I feel there is very weak 2x 5 csm. But seems that the RAC time is here :evil:

Trying to adapt to your advices :D

tw_userbar.jpg?w=350

Maximvs

Maximvs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
Taking in account both ideas, here is my take on.

Abaddon - 275

4x Terminator, 3x Lightning claws, 1x HF+CF, MoT - 205
-Dedicated Land Raider w/DP - 240 (Abby goes here).

6x Terminator, 5x combi-melta, 1x RAC+CF, MoT - 280

5x Terminator, 4x combi-melta, 1x RAC+CF, MoT - 245

10x CSM, champ with PF, plasmagun, autocannon, IoCG - 275
Rhino w/ Havoc launcher

Rhino w/ Havocl auncher

That is 1795 then...

Abbadon - 275

10x Terminator, 2x RAC, 2x CF, 3x combiplas, 4x combimelta, MoT - 485 (Abby goes here)

10x Terminator, 2x RAC, 2x CF, 3x combiplas, 4x combimelta, MoT - 485 (or here ^_^)

Rhino w/ Havoc launcher

Rhino w/ Havocl auncher

Again 1795

Ok, the theme is keep Abby, because he is a stand in for Angron in the pre heresy days, so no DPs. Maybe he's not the best chaos lord, but S8 at Ini 6 and T4(5), 4++ and EW makes for him a good proxy for Angron I think.

In the LR, the main idea is go forward and pop smoke then use the icons to DS the other terminators, LR is dead for sure, but as it can complete that objective I'm fine, also attracts fire so is good for the rhinos.

The 2nd list seems harder to play to me, but there are 21 terminators with 4++ save and lots of S7 shots and meltas.

tw_userbar.jpg?w=350

breng77

breng77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,753 posts
Looking at your twon new lists I would drop the Rhinos in the second list at least, they will not live very long. I would also GO with 1 10 man termy squad and 2 5 man squads, that way you can shoot at more targets. Then go with may be 2 9-10 man plague marine squads for durability. The orginal theory was just use the termies and Dp to go for the Throat, and ignore the mission. 2 10 man troop squads are still probably not going to live long. I figured that if you provide enough threats in your army the 2 5 man squads may be ignored for a while.

Maximvs

Maximvs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
Spliting the termies in two 5man squads and then dropping the rhinos gives me enough points to add 3 more termies to add at the lesser squads, not a bad idea I think.

tw_userbar.jpg?w=350

Cosmic Archmage

Cosmic Archmage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 396 posts
Here's how I would do it :

Abbadon the Despoiler - 275 points

Chaos Terminators x 10 - 400
Icon of Tzeentch
8x Combi-Weapons
2x Heavy Flamer
Powerfist
Chainfist

Icon of Tzeentch
8x Combi-Weapons
2x Heavy Flamer
Powerfist
Chainfist

Icon of Tzeentch
8x Combi-Weapons
2x Heavy Flamer
Powerfist
Chainfist

Chaos Space Marines x 5 - 160
Aspiring Champion
Power Fist
Melta Gun
Rhino

Chaos Space Marines x 5 - 160
Aspiring Champion
Power Fist
Melta Gun
Rhino

I don't think it's all that good really, theres always the possibility of Abaddon running away like a little girl with the squad he is with. But imagine the look on your opponent face when he sees you have 30 terminators. It's definitly an army i'd play.

Edited by Cosmic Archmage, 09 December 2010 - 11:54 AM.

"And what are the achievements of your fragile Imperium? It is a corpse rotting slowly from within while maggots writhe in its belly. It was built with the toil of heroes and giants, and now it is inhabited by frightened weaklings to whom the glories of those times are half-forgotten legends. I have forgotten nothing, and my wisdom has expanded far beyond mere mortal frailties."

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts

I don't think it's all that good really, theres always the possibility of Abaddon running away like a little girl with the squad he is with. But imagine the look on your opponent face when he sees you have 30 terminators. It's definitly an army i'd play.

I think this list is UTTERLY INSANE, but a GOOD kind of Insane (Vulkan He'stan Chapter Tactics Insane, not Chaos Dreadnought Insane). Just look at it. That's 31 Terminators with 4+ Invulns (one with a bagful of wounds and Eternal Warrior), and two semi-decent troops choices for Objective Camping/Taking.
Damnable typos! They follow me like locusts, to sweep down and eat the sense from my words.

nurglez

nurglez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,694 posts
main issue with our termies is we dont get relentless, so if you move you can only shoot up to 12 inches with your bolters...

I had considered making a terminator heavy army cos I do love terminators, however, I picked up a copy of the space wolf codex and am using a logan wing instead :)

some nice ideas though, I will have to try out a chaos terminator heavy army at some point, just for the fun of it <_<

If you meet someone

who claims to be me

ask to see the mark of chaos

Or it wont be me devil.gif

Deathguard W 8 D 1 L 4 (6th edition codex) Throne of skulls WIP updated 10/02/13

Iron warriors WIP
QUOTE (thade @ Jun 24 2011, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fairplay, Paladin Nurglez. smile.png

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts

main issue with our termies is we dont get relentless, so if you move you can only shoot up to 12 inches with your bolters...

We still get to move and fire heavy weapons, and assault after rapid fire, so it's not all bad.

Maximvs

Maximvs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts

I think this list is UTTERLY INSANE, but a GOOD kind of Insane (Vulkan He'stan Chapter Tactics Insane, not Chaos Dreadnought Insane). Just look at it. That's 31 Terminators with 4+ Invulns (one with a bagful of wounds and Eternal Warrior), and two semi-decent troops choices for Objective Camping/Taking.

Agreed so much! The only complaint I have with that brutality is the lack of some RACs, but can live with that or change it a bit :P

Edited by Maximvs, 09 December 2010 - 04:04 PM.

tw_userbar.jpg?w=350

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts

The only complaint I have with that brutality is the lack of some RACs, but can live with that or change it a bit ;)

Ummm, am I missing something, or do you mean HF's? There are no RAC's in that list...

Maximvs

Maximvs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
Exactly, the lack of RACs :)

tw_userbar.jpg?w=350

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts

Exactly, the lack of RACs :)

Oh wow, I look stupid now. I apologise, I have a stomach bug, and any activity more than lying down or throwing up everywhere is kinda difficult...

Maximvs

Maximvs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
Don't worry, I've had hard days writing so much 40k stuff and I've been feeling defeated by an outflanking attack of dyslexia so it's fine :P

tw_userbar.jpg?w=350

Cosmic Archmage

Cosmic Archmage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 396 posts
The problem i have with RACs is that they are 25 points each. My idea when writing that list was that it would be intended to deepstrike, and be in combi-anything range. But sure, if you decide to slog it, having 2 RACs in each squads is a pretty good chance that you destroy what you fire them at.

Edited by Cosmic Archmage, 09 December 2010 - 07:21 PM.

"And what are the achievements of your fragile Imperium? It is a corpse rotting slowly from within while maggots writhe in its belly. It was built with the toil of heroes and giants, and now it is inhabited by frightened weaklings to whom the glories of those times are half-forgotten legends. I have forgotten nothing, and my wisdom has expanded far beyond mere mortal frailties."

Maximvs

Maximvs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
Wow!

DS 10 bases of 40mm is a bit risky due the lack of the icons i think, thought that you was talking about foot termies! But pushing with 6 RACs is a lot of points, so my thought was 6 combis, 1 HF & RAC per squad.

tw_userbar.jpg?w=350

Cosmic Archmage

Cosmic Archmage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 396 posts
Yeah, I tought I had included IoCG on the CSMs, but apparently not. As I said, it's not really the best idea to rely on those, since some opponents wouldn't have too much trouble dealing with 2 rhinos and 10 csms in a single turn.

Maximvs

Maximvs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
Agreed. Just wondering how make it work, just because I want to field 30+ terminators out of apoc :lol: is a good idea leave the troops in reserve and use it mid-game to claim objectives? Because we havn't a good icon delivery sistem I'm afraid.

Cheers.

tw_userbar.jpg?w=350