Death company worth his points ?

dentonius

I know this is an old thread, but ive had huge success with 7-9 with Rec/Chap drop podding in the basic vicinity of where i want them (with the rules about when DP lands on targets i rarely scatter too far away from a prime spot) and just letting them go, i dont give any upgrades except 1 PF and 2 PW - so pretty cheap and so far amazingly succesful.

To give you an idea, tied up a gaunt swarm for 2 turns and then annhilated it, has killed a Tyrant, has tied up 2 rhino and destroyed them in one assault then proceeded to butcher the marines over 2 more turns, decimated half a Tau army along with a RAS and most impressivly has pinned one flank of a gaurd infantry list in its own DP while i was able to DoA the rest.

So as long as you get your DC in a fast moving transport (i have a LRC just for them too) and get in a half-decent position, ive found there well worth the points (as in i can keep many pore pts worth of my troops alive then what they cost my to begin with).

I kind of like the idea of a Drop Pod DC in a full DoA list.

The problem with full DoA is often that you give the opponent 1 or 2 turns to move around and make the battlefield look exactly how he wants it to. The Drop Pod Assaulting Death Company counters this perfectly by putting crazies in their face from turn 1. Yes, it's a throw-away unit this way.. but the amount of chaos these guys can create in 1 or 2 turns is just enough to allow the rest of your force to come in and put the hurt back.

And your DC might even kill more than their points worth in this scenario as well, so that makes the throw-away aspect of them a lot less bad.

Finally: it's also very fluffy for the BA to drop the DC in and followup with an assault of the main forces.

Yeh but on the turn they deepstrike... Even 10 Death Company marines would be destroyed by a full armies fire-power and assault. You'd be relying on the DC shooting ability, when really thier a CC unit.

Malatox

In the 4 years or so I've been playing BA, I've almost always had them do something spectacular. Whether its destroying nearly everything in site or surviving 3-4 rounds of concentraited Tau firepower with only a few casualties. I'd never run my list without DC.

Currently I'm working on putting together a DC army list for fun, sure no scoring units, but since when do Blood Angels care about holding objectives? I usually always run my dc with jump packs (yes they're spendy, but frankly I think its the best way) Now that the Storm Raven has a model, I may have to rethink them having jp cause I hate 5 man squads

Archived