Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hardcoreness

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

Marshal Wilhelm

Marshal Wilhelm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,970 posts
Greetings brethren,

I was wondering about Templars and hardcoreness. Imperial Fists certainly have it in a Bruce Willis - Die Hard manner. Lysander even looks like Bruce!

However, I mean more than that, more in a chop you up into little bits manner. Whilst Blood Angels were as ferocious as the World Eaters in pre-Heresy times and I guess they are still supposed to be like that, they don't really come across like that nowadays. Perhaps it is because I always pair them with Zoolander and Fabio?

Same thing with the Wolves, which has been a peeve of M2C. The booziness and camaraderie [which certainly helps them be the most popular chapter] doesn't really lend itself to them being thought of as properly hardcore. I think Abnett is fixing this in Prospero burns.

Anyway.

I know that Templars would happily plough salt into a foes fields after crushing them. They might even just plough the foe into field instead.
I really like the IA WE article material.
The WE get cranial implants and mess the enemy up:
"Initially the companies were highly successful, quickly gaining a fearsome reputation as terror troops. No mercy was offered by the World Eaters, only bloody death at the end of a chain-axe. The Liber Malum speaks of whole systems surrendering wholesale rather than face the wrath of the World Eaters."

I have this idea that Bloods are Eldar Marines, Wolves are Ork Marines and Templars are Witch Hunter Marines. I want to say Sisters Marines but that might get taken the wrong way ;)
Not so much having a neat fringed hairstyle but more the "we're gonna burn those who defy the God-Emperor"

Just how nutty do you think the Knights are? The Codex and Helsreach show them to be callous rather than chivalric, though they certainly have a pronounced sense of honour that just doesn't get shown to their foes.

Are they the most hardcore of all the Chapters? I am wanting a somewhat reasonable discussion and not just "we are the hardcore!!!11!!!" although that is true :)
Are the Templars just as over the top in bringing about the Emperor's domain as the Imperial World Eaters were?
What do you think?

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 548 posts
Well, just to save a bit of the Wolves' Hardcoreness, they came across pretty hardcore in the one short story in Tales of Heresy and also in A Thousand Sons.

As to our Hardcoreness. I would say so, definitly. It's partly why I picked up playing.
While the Templars are Knightly, they also are totally remorseless and unfeeling to what they do.
But what I guess shows that hardcoreness in the most pronounced way, is just how Grimaldus treats his allies in Helsreach.
Like how he just shuts that one Marine (forgot his Chapter) up, who dares assaulting Yarrick and generally, how the Templars allowes Yarrick to accompany them after Armageddon.
Also how the Templars have no problems whatsoever, to sacrifice even Civilians to reach their goal and the fact that their goal isn't preserving some kind or piece of land, of which, let's face it there is enough in the Imperium of Man, but smiting the living crab out of whoever crosses their way.
Also how Grimaldus is like:
Okay that fighter squad is allowed to incorperate our heraldry in it's designs, must be swell dudes.
I don't know that Astartes-Chapter, must be wimps.

We don't wear his smybol, we are his symbol!

In his most holy name
Marshal Vespasian
But viciousness and glory were no longer enough. Killing enemies in battle was no longer enough. I wanted to fight the Eternal Crusade. I wanted to win the war.- Reclusiarch Grimaldus
uqpKirY.jpg

KhorneHunter57x

KhorneHunter57x

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,975 posts
To me, the Templars seem like the kind of warrior that just wades through the enemy, shrugging off their attacks and dispaching every single one of His foes with a brutal coldness. Not hot-blooded fury, but a cold, heartless contempt for the witch, the heretic, and the xeno. They do not fight because they enjoy battle, but because they hate the Emperor's foes with every fiber of their being. That is how I see them, at least. Whereas a Wolf or Blood Angel might rip apart an enemy with their bare hands because they enjoy the taste of battle, we Templars chain our holy weapons to ourselves as we recognise that the Bolter and Chainsword are the most effective method of killing the hated enemy. Whereas other chapters might retreat under heavy casualties, we will advance with our hatred increased tenfold for every brother that the unholy rabble has somehow managed to harm, with our thoughts solely focused on cold retribution. Whereas other chapters might prioritise their fire, we do not, as we know that all of our foes will be slain by our holy guns, and the order in which they are slain does not matter, as they will all die.

That is how I view the Templars. Not lashing out, thirsting for blood, but calmly and brutally killing every enemy, with our hearts filled with hatred and contempt, and with a prayer on our lips.

I have this idea that Bloods are Eldar Marines, Wolves are Ork Marines and Templars are Witch Hunter Marines. I want to say Sisters Marines but that might get taken the wrong way :)

And the Ultramarines are the Marine Marines. ;)
ETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpg

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,357 posts
Well, when it comes to calling the Templars knightly/chivalric, I always flinch. There are the Arthurian knights (regal, can-do-no-wrong, hearts of gold and slayers of damsel-distressing beasties) basic feudal knights (uncaring, indifferent to anything but a fellow knight, blue blooded) and crusading knights (religious fanatic burn-the-infidel sort of fellows), to name only a few versions.

Hardcore? Sure. Definitely. And here's why.

People call Templars angry. Angry doesn't quite fit, but hateful does. And not the "I hate broccoli," sort of hate, real hate. If you hate something, it's a passionate sensation; an overwhelming need to extinguish, destroy, punish, expunge, eradicate, and purge the object of your obsession. Anger is a passionate emotion too, but it isn't as deeply ingrained into the psyche as hate. Anger is a knee-jerk reaction, whereas hate is a conviction: something's very existence is such an affront to the fundamental goods and virtues that you hold dear, you don't just simply react to its presence, but actively seek it out and destroy it. Anger just comes naturally, but hatred takes dedication.

Every marine hates the xenos, the heretic, and the mutant, but Templars make hating an art form:

Ultramarines and their ilk go "Ok, hate the alien, the mutant, and the heretic. While you're at it, protect the weak, maintain good relations with the Imperial Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus, spend 100 years screening that psycher for corruption only to have him betray you anyway, run the government on Macragge, collect taxes, and clean your room."

Templars go "Hate." Plain, simple, pure, and hardcore.

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

BigDunc

BigDunc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 918 posts
I think what sets us apart from BA and SW in terms hardcoreness is how hardcore we are without a flaw in our gene seed.

Beyond the Wulfen mutation, the SW are just barbaric. They don't really 'know' a better way of fighting. War is also more of a sport for them. They're individually after glory more so than other warriors. The BA are compelled forward by the Thirst, a flaw in their gene seed. Eventually this flaw will overcome them, so why not cause as much destruction as is possible before it does?

The BT however are basically vanilla Marines, until you add in that pure hatred for the enemies of mankind. There is no flaw or mutation, just our desire to do right by the Emperor. In some ways, it's a conscious choice. We could fight our battles a better way. Sending a bullet is always preferable to sending a body, but what better way to show our hatred (and lack of fear) for our opponent than to saw into his insides while watching the life fade from his eyes?

This topic reminds me of a story I heard awhile back about a German prisoner in WWI. The German said something to the effect of: the British sang as they charged across no-man's land, the French yelled as they charged, but the Americans charged in silence, and it was that silence that struck fear into the Germans.

I have always pictured BT fighting like this. No fun and games, no enjoyment. It's just the business of purifying the realm of mankind. There is no need for pageantry or tradition, nor is their the need to strike fear in the heart of the opponent through bravado. Our deeds... our actions against the enemies of man... past, present and future are all that matter.

Edited by bigdunc, 17 December 2010 - 02:16 PM.

Captain Juan Juarez

Captain Juan Juarez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,518 posts
Hate is the only pure emotion, it cannot be corrupted into something else.

The Templars fight because hate defines them, thus by my own flawed reasoning they are the purest Chapter.. And hardcore.
" They made you to be untouched by God or mortal. As I cannot kill you, so I curse you, not with death but with life.

I curse you - with the pain of ten thousand days in the Dark Place, with the life's blood of a mage's sacrifice, with Death's authority held in my hands.

I curse you, and I strike your name from history, stripped of arrogance and pride, empty of the self you once knew, gutted of all you are. I take your name and all you have won by the strength of your hand. I curse you for eternity, to find only darkness where once you knew your own face.

And I dub you the Ragged Man."

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,273 posts
Good responses so far brothers!

One thing I'd like to add. I don't think that Templars are heartless or uncaring towards normal humans. I think that for one thing, they understand that in War not everyone is going to be able to be saved. When it is tactically advantageous to charge forward or shift positions that will leave civilians exposed they will do so in order to try and win the war. Sort of a sacrifice a thousand to save millions type of mentality. Also because of their immense sense of honor, I think they feel as though their allies must earn their respect by their deeds, much like Yarrick or the fighter squadron that bore their cross. This goes for other Astartes as well. We can see it in how Grimaldus treats the Salamanders officer. He doesn't earn Grimaldus' respect because he wants to fall back when charging forward could have struck a heavy blow to the Orks.

As to our hardcorness, I often hear that Templars are angry knights. I don't agree, anger implies rage and rage can make you lose your sense and be uncontrollable. Templars are not this way. As you guys pointed out hatred is more appropriate. I won't reiterate what has already been said but I think I should point that out. I don't think we are like the World Eaters. There are many stories that during the crusade they would have to be held back when a human world had already surrendered to keep them from being butchered. They are nearly as bad as Death Company with their uncontrollable rage. I think the only difference is that the World Eaters could still tell friend from foe. They are basically berserkers, something the Templars definately are not. Templars are definately hardcore, but there is a difference between being hardcore and crazy :D

Whether we are more hardcore than the Wolves or Angels, I think we are. The Blood Angels are said to be the most noble, because of their flaw. They spend their whole lives trying to fight off the Red Thirst and it drives them to redeem themselves. The Wolves, well they are basically drunken Vikings and ferocious because they are clinically insane ^_^ As bigdunc said the Templars are without a flaw in our geneseed which means we are not influenced by things we cannot control. This is what makes Templars truly terrifying IMO.
"There can be no meeting of minds and no understanding with such beings as exist in the dark places of the galaxy.There is simply a choice: defeat them, or be defeated by them. And Defeat them we will"
- Chaplain Emmerich

++++ The Jericho Crusade ++++
LRW648G.jpgMu0LNbJ.jpgsZ7h6UF.pngeuJimEX.pngslZakJf.jpgP4U1aFX.jpg

"Let our feet, steel clad, pressed into the soils of this alien land, remark on our passing. What need have we of plaudit and praise? No matter the laurel of victory, no matter the glories others may seek.
We are the Black Templars. Victory is it's own reward."
- High Marshal Helbrecht

KhorneHunter57x

KhorneHunter57x

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,975 posts

As to our hardcorness, I often hear that Templars are angry knights. I don't agree, anger implies rage and rage can make you lose your sense and be uncontrollable. Templars are not this way.
*snip*
As bigdunc said the Templars are without a flaw in our geneseed which means we are not influenced by things we cannot control. This is what makes Templars truly terrifying IMO.

Because hate requires control. As Firepower said,

People call Templars angry. Angry doesn't quite fit, but hateful does. And not the "I hate broccoli," sort of hate, real hate. If you hate something, it's a passionate sensation; an overwhelming need to extinguish, destroy, punish, expunge, eradicate, and purge the object of your obsession. Anger is a passionate emotion too, but it isn't as deeply ingrained into the psyche as hate. Anger is a knee-jerk reaction, whereas hate is a conviction: something's very existence is such an affront to the fundamental goods and virtues that you hold dear, you don't just simply react to its presence, but actively seek it out and destroy it. Anger just comes naturally, but hatred takes dedication.

And I think that the root of the Templar's hatred for the witch, heretic, and xeno is because the Templars believe that they do not have the right to exist. I do not think it is from a feeling that 'the witch, heretic, and xeno are going to destroy big E's dream for the galaxy', as I think that belief would only lead to anger.

Somewhat on this note, I hope that in the next Templar codex the author keeps the Chaplain's rule named "Litanies of Hate" and doesn't rename it to "Liturgies of Battle", as with the vanilla Codex. "Liturgies of Battle" just doesn't fit the Templars.

Edited by KhorneHunter57x, 18 December 2010 - 12:28 AM.

ETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpg

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,357 posts

And I think that the root of the Templar's hatred for the witch, heretic, and xeno is because the Templars believe that they do not have the right to exist. I do not think it is from a feeling that 'the witch, heretic, and xeno are going to destroy big E's dream for the galaxy', as I think that belief would only lead to anger.

Well, it's not that Templars don't feel anger, it's just that their anger isn't rooted in some psychic gene seed memory or other nonsense. Otherwise, I agree totally.

Templars are portrayed as religious zealots, and the Big E's dogma includes an utterly pitiless disposition towards anything subhuman (mutants of the normal or psychic variety, and xenos). So, the Templars' hatred and zeal are one in the same. Anything not fitting into the narrow category of acceptable human life is an abomination by default, and deserves nothing but extermination. Hence the "No Pity!" and "No remorse!": subhumans are unworthy of any compassion, pre or post mortum. The "No Fear!" is just for good measure :woot:

Actually, back on the anger thing, there was that bit of fluff about Sigismund in the old Chapter Approved which detailed his emotions. When he saw a Champion of the Dark Gods, it was described as something akin to vomiting in his own mouth: not blind rage like Death Company or a drunken Bloodclaw, but utter revulsion and disgust, with a seasoning of righteous indignation.

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

Mithril hound

Mithril hound

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts
They are crusading knights. They have a Chaplin who will refuse to die. They are basically the hate marines. Even as a SW player i recognize who hardcore they are.

But the most hardcore chapter? Erm... Iron Hands.....
All of my paints are in storage 😔

Wulff

Wulff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 204 posts
Guess its my turn to chime in..

Templars are trained beyond what other chapters normally undergo.. as big Dunc has pointed out.. our gene seed is pure?? yea at least what we turn in is pure.. Hatred.. yes.. but is it a welled up hatred or one that is conditioned into our brothers.. our training is intensely overseen by the chaplain and our studies are metered to direct the thoughts and efforts toward one goal.. strenghten the body and the mind to meter the most damage in the least amount of time. Each Marshall, Each crusade, each brother.. know that they are the only thing in their area that is going to do the job of cleaning and destroying the subject of the problem.. be it heretic, xeno, chaos, or even something unknown.."think ghoul stars here folks" we have faced any and all comers and we are still doing it.. Templars know their training works.. where other chapters have lost and lost hope the templars only know success or obliteration and if its obliteration is the word of the day they accept it while attempting to take as many as they can with them. Hardcore? How can you get more hardcore than that?

i never try to compare our chapter with others.. they are themselves.. we are templar.. we strive to live and fight in the emperor grace. We don;t try to change what his word is.. or worry about the humanitarian view.. we don;t care about how people view us.. "To most i would suspect they see us as knights cause we are unobtainable... we are aloof as far as they are concerned. We are here or there for our own reasons..not theirs.. and once we come it to do one thing.. and one thing only.. fight." Thats probably why the imperium sees us as knights.. noone has been above or below our judgement, not even terra lords.. thats hardcore folks..

i'm stated my case.. we train to fight.. we fight for our beleifs and noone is safe once we arrive.

Wulff

TemplarCoyote

TemplarCoyote

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 110 posts
I think the small blurp in the book by one Inquisitor Barzano sums up my original feelings about the Black Templars. A group of settlers had been buchered, and then butchered after they'd probably tried to surrender. In their hatred and zeal to insure that no taint survived, the Templars just went ahead and let the Emperor sort out who the pure and unpure where.
Excuses are the refuge of the weak.
Nobody is innocent; there are merely varying levels of guilt.
Remember, Life is the Emperors Currency; spend it well.
Burn the Heretic! Kill the Mutant! No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

Marshal Reinhard
Guryan Crusade
Star Phantoms Fifth Company

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,273 posts

And I think that the root of the Templar's hatred for the witch, heretic, and xeno is because the Templars believe that they do not have the right to exist.

Exactly, much in the same way that during the Crusade the Legions felt the same way. Tolerance breeds weakness.

our training is intensely overseen by the chaplain and our studies are metered to direct the thoughts and efforts toward one goal.. strenghten the body and the mind to meter the most damage in the least amount of time.

Very good point, and to reinforce that , here is a quote from my sig, that is actually about the real Knights Templar, but perfectly describes the Black Templars as well.

"A Templar Knight is truly a fearless knight and secure on ever side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith
just as his body is protected by armor of steel. He is thus doubly armed and need fear neither daemons nor men."
- St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Here is another thought, to go along with the "hardcoreness" of the Templars. What about the Templar players?(That is, us :P ) I think we are pretty hardcore ourselves. For one thing we are the only group of players that I know that takes ownership of our army the way we do. When we talk about Templars most of us veteran players often refer to them in the first person. My friends at the LGS will tease me sometimes because I'm always saying "we" this and "we" that. :P So what do you think? Are we as hardcore as our army? And if so, in what other ways are we hardcore?
"There can be no meeting of minds and no understanding with such beings as exist in the dark places of the galaxy.There is simply a choice: defeat them, or be defeated by them. And Defeat them we will"
- Chaplain Emmerich

"Let our feet, steel clad, pressed into the soils of this alien land, remark on our passing. What need have we of plaudit and praise? No matter the laurel of victory, no matter the glories others may seek.
- High Marshal Helbrecht

Captain Juan Juarez

Captain Juan Juarez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,518 posts

Here is another thought, to go along with the "hardcoreness" of the Templars. What about the Templar players?(That is, us :P ) I think we are pretty hardcore ourselves. For one thing we are the only group of players that I know that takes ownership of our army the way we do. When we talk about Templars most of us veteran players often refer to them in the first person. My friends at the LGS will tease me sometimes because I'm always saying "we" this and "we" that. :P So what do you think? Are we as hardcore as our army? And if so, in what other ways are we hardcore?

To be honest, I can think of a certain Marshal whom epitomises that of which you speak.. At least in my opinion.

In fact only Space Wolves players can match the same sort of "it's us against them.." type of attitude, in a way at least, but even then it isn't quite so widespread.
" They made you to be untouched by God or mortal. As I cannot kill you, so I curse you, not with death but with life.

I curse you - with the pain of ten thousand days in the Dark Place, with the life's blood of a mage's sacrifice, with Death's authority held in my hands.

I curse you, and I strike your name from history, stripped of arrogance and pride, empty of the self you once knew, gutted of all you are. I take your name and all you have won by the strength of your hand. I curse you for eternity, to find only darkness where once you knew your own face.

Algesan

Algesan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts
Not hate. Dig deeper. Hatred is just a tool. The discipline of anger and fury into focused strength to our arms in righteous combat.

Honor and loyalty to the Emperor. The shame of our first Chapter Master failing to be at the Emperor's side when the Emperor was in need of him. The need to be true to the Emperor's commands, not those of these mere mortals who have tried to twist them for thousands of years. Like the fools who chose to split the Legions and threatened to destroy all the Emperor had built and commanded.

That did make our job easier though. When other weak ones arise, we are trained and have grown, ready to wipe them from the universe for the glory of the Emperor, just as we do the xenos and the mutants. That is why we watch many of those other chapters. Beware the mutant. They still strive for the Emperor and seem to do so honestly and with some form of honor. Perhaps the Emperor will redeem and heal them at his return. If they fail and fall prey to the mutation, which is a sign of the taint of Chaos...

----

I would disagree over a lack of pageantry from Black Templars. The reason for parades, reviews, inspections, etc. is not for silly dog and pony shows (although they can be such). The reason is to keep focused and disciplined, keeping your thoughts in tune with the precision of how your equipment is cleaned, polished and arrayed. The machine spirits within our equipment must be tended carefully. It honors the Emperor and the equipment he gifted us with to display it proudly and with honor.

----

"Sister" Marines. Heh, that is funny and a bit true. BT have an affinity with GK and GK have an affinity to the SoB, so having a SoB-BT combo would be interesting.

Former player of the formerly independent Space Marine faction known as the Black Templar.

Not a Pollyanna playing the codex compliant smurfed "Black Templars".

Marshal Laeroth

Marshal Laeroth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,623 posts

Here is another thought, to go along with the "hardcoreness" of the Templars. What about the Templar players?(That is, us ;) ) I think we are pretty hardcore ourselves. For one thing we are the only group of players that I know that takes ownership of our army the way we do. When we talk about Templars most of us veteran players often refer to them in the first person. My friends at the LGS will tease me sometimes because I'm always saying "we" this and "we" that. ;) So what do you think? Are we as hardcore as our army? And if so, in what other ways are we hardcore?

You just described Implausible Nature and I to the letter. Haha. Been playing the Black Templars for 10 years. Still going strong. :P

To be honest, I can think of a certain Marshal whom epitomises that of which you speak.. At least in my opinion.

It wasn't me, I swear.
QUOTE (Acebaur @ Jul 1 2012, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Laeroth, I think you are the Yoda of the BT forum. I demand you start speaking backwards! :P

For additional Black Templars tactics, army lists, and general gaming information including the Black Templars 101 guide, check out my site:
Implausible Nature

Captain Juan Juarez

Captain Juan Juarez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,518 posts

It wasn't me, I swear.

You're right, it wasn't :P

Marshal Laeroth

Marshal Laeroth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,623 posts
Haha. I assumed it wasn't, as I hadn't commented yet. Just thought I'd add in a bit of humor. :P
QUOTE (Acebaur @ Jul 1 2012, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Laeroth, I think you are the Yoda of the BT forum. I demand you start speaking backwards! :P

For additional Black Templars tactics, army lists, and general gaming information including the Black Templars 101 guide, check out my site:
Implausible Nature

Captain Juan Juarez

Captain Juan Juarez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,518 posts

Haha. I assumed it wasn't, as I hadn't commented yet. Just thought I'd add in a bit of humor. ;)

But... But... Humour should be funny! :P

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,273 posts

The shame of our first Chapter Master failing to be at the Emperor's side when the Emperor was in need of him.

I disagree with this. Sigismund was not charged with protecting the Emperor, that duty fell to Sanguinius and Dorn and thier selected warriors. Sigismund's job was to defend the Imperial Palace in the Emperor's stead and slay the enemy's champions. Something he did well as the Palace did not fall.

Edited by Acebaur, 18 December 2010 - 08:29 PM.

- Chaplain Emmerich

- High Marshal Helbrecht

Captain Juan Juarez

Captain Juan Juarez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,518 posts

The shame of our first Chapter Master failing to be at the Emperor's side when the Emperor was in need of him.

I disagree with this. Sigismund was not charged with protecting the Emperor, that duty fell to Sanguinius and Dorn and thier selected warriors. Sigismund's job was to defend the Imperial Palace in the Emperor's stead and slay the enemy's champions. Something he did well as the Palace did not fall.

I wouldn't even say it was his job to defend the Palace, just to seek and slay the champions of Horus.

That said, I want to direct you all to a brilliant piece of fiction: The First Templar

Roesor

Roesor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,852 posts
PRAY! KILL! BURN!
PRAY! KILL! BURN!
PRAY! KILL! BURN!
PRAY! KILL! BURN!
PRAY! KILL! BURN!
PRAY! KILL! BURN!
PRAY! KILL! BURN!
PRAY! KILL! BURN!
PRAY! KILL! BURN!
PRAY! KILL! BURN!

Edited by Roesor, 18 December 2010 - 08:47 PM.

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,273 posts

I wouldn't even say it was his job to defend the Palace, just to seek and slay the champions of Horus.

That said, I want to direct you all to a brilliant piece of fiction: The First Templar

That is quite good, my only dissapointment is that it wasn't longer! Good job M2C.

Anyway, according to the codex Dorn charged him with both the defence of the Palace and the slaying of the enemy's champions.

Also I forget where I read this, but I remember hearing somewhere that Sigismund actually painted his armor black. Sigismund intially protested asking Dorn "Isn't it wrong to paint over the Legions colors?" Dorn replied something like It's ok because you are now one of the Emperor's chosen.

Anyway, back on topic...... :huh:
- Chaplain Emmerich

- High Marshal Helbrecht

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,492 posts
That was in the Chapter Approved 2003 story blurb underneath the EC rules section. Sigismund was riding with a Chaplain in a Rhino and the chaplain was explaining the significance of the black color.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Zeller

Zeller

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,131 posts
All this talk about hate and I begin to think there might be some Sith in this thread. That said, this thread has forced my hand. I need to retreat to my room to work on my Templars.

Systematic extermination. You need only to ask yourself one question. How long until the Templars find you?

Personally, I'd say it makes a lot more sense to keep putting them on the right. Anyone who questions your decision is a Communist.

QUOTE (Ashdown @ Aug 17 2010, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can play vanilla marines, however, it is a heavy burden to wield such shame.

gallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg