Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inglorious Drunkards

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1162 replies to this topic

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka
Posted Image
Inglorious Drunkards was inspired by:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=194681
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=206879

:: The Turn Sequence ::

1) Movement. A player moves similar to a rook and bishop in chess; moving any number of squares along rank, file, or diagonal

2) Shooting. (OPTIONAL, may go directly into combat if user wishes) Players can throw weapons available in each square tile in the map, weapons that consist from bottles, chairs, tables and the occasional Blood Claw

3) Close Combat. Each user has the option to tag-team, or fight other users occupying a single tile in close combat

:: The Rules ::

1) Indicate your character's location and actions to a designated bartender/servitor. Post your instructions, it helps keep track of everyone on the trend and keeps everyone entertained at the same time. Lastly... PRAY to the dice gods!

2) Only five users may occupy one tile. Each character has the Independent special rule.

3) Users have an option to join a pack of up to a limit of 5 members. Your pack may team up with several other packs. The more the better! start a gang just in case other Astartes chapters decide to crash our party. Just remember, at the end of the night there can only be one man standing. Even if your team manages to be the victor of the night, the pack needs an alpha. Therefore to run your pack, you have to fight for the title.

4) Close combat weapons are temporary and are destroyed or left behind as your character moves onto the next tile. You can throw weapons, which counts as your shooting.

5) Once a user fails his armour save, a leadership roll is made to see if the drunkard can still stand and fight with negative modifiers (-1 BS, -1 WS and -1 attack) the drunkard breaks off from combat and restarts at a safe location. Once a user fails his final armour save, the character is rendered unconsious and is therefore subject to being used as a weapon by anyone in the tile or can be used as an ablative wound.
ie. imagine a drunken Blood Claw being used by a long fang as a weapon

6) The last three drunkards remaining, become league members. If one of those players is already a League member, then it defaults to the next non-league member. League championship upgrades teams or characters to the following: Wolf Guard, Iron Priest, and Storm Claw.

7) The last man standing, wins the game and earns the title of Inglorious Brawler.

:: Pack Wide Rules ::

And They Shall Know No Fear
Acute Senses
Counter-attack

:: THE MAP ::

Posted Image

:: Tavern Brawl Character Special Rules ::

Posted Image
(users choose one of the following troop choices)

Blood Claw
1) Headstrong. As indicated at SW: Codex
2) Berserk Charge. As indicated at SW: Codex

Grey Hunter
1) Mark of the Wulfen, no rending
2) Wolf Standard. May re-roll only one failed armour save

Grey Slayer (use stats from EoT codex)
1) Wolf Pelt. +1 attack during counter attack.
2) Wolf Tooth Necklace. Close combat attacks hit on 3+

Wolf Scout
1) Brawlers who wish to strike at a Wolf Scout (shooting or close combat) must first roll Ld to see if he can attack the Wolf Scout
2) Disarm and Stun. During any combat, a Wolf Scout may attempt to disengage. The Wolf Scout rolls a D6: On a result of 4+, the Wolf Scout may redeploy anywhere on the battlefield after the combat round is resolved.

Long Fang
1) Double Tap. Long Fangs have the ability to have two shooting attacks per tile
2) Fire Control. Allows other Long Fangs who are sharing a tile, to gain an additional shooting attack to their Double Tap special rule.
ex. 3 Long Fangs sharing a tile, have a total of 9 shooting attacks

:: League Brawl Character Special Rules ::

Posted Image
(League Members ONLY. Inglorious Brawlers may upgrade their characters to the following)

Wolf Guard
1) TDA. 2+ armour save
2) Runic Charm. May re-roll one failed armour save.
3) Wolf Tooth Necklace. Close combat attacks hit on 3+

Iron Priest
1) Runic Armour. 2+ armour save
2) Bionics. May choose to forfeit all attacks to make a single double strength attack on opponent.
3) Servo-Arm. Gains an additional attack, but may wish to forfeit this attack for a single double strength attack on opponent.

Storm Claw (use stats from EoT codex)
1) Furious Charge
2) Wolf Pelt. +1 attack during counter attack.
3) Healing Potions & Balms. Old tech, borrowed from the 13th company wolf priest. May ignore one failed armour save, may also help revive fallen team mate, per tile.

SPACE WOLF CHAMPIONS
Posted Image
Night One: Sturm Moonwolf (Long Fang)
Night Two: Growler67 (Wolf Scout Korvis)
Night Three: TiguriusX (Grey Hunter)
Night Four: MaveriK (Grey Hunter)

LEAGUE MEMBERS
League Member: Nacho Wolf
League Member: Firenze
League Member: Decoy
League Member: Mikal Wolfheart
League Member: Starkhan Fellblade
League Member: Wolf Lord Metuhs
League Member: The LoneWolf
League Member: Chapter Master Ignis Domus
League Member: hendrik

--EDIT--
RULES UPDATED JUNE 4, 2011.

Edited by MaveriK, 13 June 2011 - 05:52 AM.

gallery_24878_5332_22902.jpg gallery_24878_5332_12892.jpg
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Azn_MaveriK. Night Four: Inglorious Brawler, Season One. Night Three: Inglorious Brawler, Season Two.

Orphus

Orphus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 457 posts
  • Faction: Orphus' Lost Co.
Oh-my-god...wow. Seems fun, just have to work out what it is exactly :) might have a crack
Night Five: Inglorious Brawler, Season One.
Therefore the youngest of them all stood up,
And with a voice like amber wine she spoke:                
"Great sir, now all is clear and seeming well,
Yet still there is but one remaining problem;
My children, sir, they as of yet unborn,    
Shall never hear your words so pure and grand."
"You see" the great one spoke aloud,                      
"it is your humble kin for whom I write this book.      
It is the law, our honor bound in hide."
-The Remembrance; 156:4:24-32.

Natanael

Natanael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,798 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Sounds like a lot of fun. If you start it up here in the Fang I'd be sure to join.

- Nat
The Tervigon and Termagants on my right unleash a salvo of spines and grubs at my small platoon, forcing Commissar Hogan to order his men to bite the Emperor's glorious dirt and go to ground. Casualties are light, and under Hogan's gaze everyone claims the dirt is delicious.

Six-barreled rotary cannon capable of solving 6,000 problems per minute. I love assault cannons.

"Are there wolves on Fenris?" I ask.
"Go and look for yourself" he tells me, "Go on".

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
haha I yeah might need help organizing or setting up the rules. I realize keeping track of who is on which tile can be confusing. I also think having the option of teaming up with several other users is kinda fun and new! especially if you have a full pack of grey hunters on your team, then you can even invite some Dark Angels from another board!

Like the arena of death; people can submit photos of their mini for visual aid. Oh, I just thought of an idea.. as soon as your model fails his armor save, your character is pretty much knocked put on the ground, and your team mates can use your body as a weapon Hahaha! imagine a Grey Hunter throwing around a Blood Claw as a weapon!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Azn_MaveriK. Night Four: Inglorious Brawler, Season One. Night Three: Inglorious Brawler, Season Two.

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,378 posts
  • Faction: Space wolves
MaveriK, I think I love you, clearly in a way a packmate does another. :P

I'd certainly be interested in joining in, perhaps using my Wolf Lord in his Wolf Scout incarnation.
QUOTE (A D-B @ Jan 10 2011, 12:45 PM)
THE CUSTODIANS AREN'T PSYCHIC OH MY GOD I HATE YOU MIKAL.

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
The last man standing in the championship league gets to win a wolf tooth necklace from yours truly. My friend came back from tibet, and gave me a whole bunch of cool trinkets, including several wolf teeth. Who can say no to hitting on +3? LOL

Posted Image

Edited by MaveriK, 31 December 2010 - 10:13 PM.

Natanael

Natanael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,798 posts
NICE! :D Anyone wanna make a Long Fang team? :D

- Nat
The Tervigon and Termagants on my right unleash a salvo of spines and grubs at my small platoon, forcing Commissar Hogan to order his men to bite the Emperor's glorious dirt and go to ground. Casualties are light, and under Hogan's gaze everyone claims the dirt is delicious.

Six-barreled rotary cannon capable of solving 6,000 problems per minute. I love assault cannons.

"Are there wolves on Fenris?" I ask.
"Go and look for yourself" he tells me, "Go on".

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,378 posts
  • Faction: Space wolves
I submit Hfran Morkai, a warrior truly blessed by Lokyar. (His fluff is still in development and he's technically a pre-heresy character but what the hell :D)

Hfran Morkai experienced a tough childhood, even for a Fenrisian. As a member of the Blooded Talon tribe he witnessed his father cut down at the age of seven winters by the Blackheart tribe, before being enslaved along with his mother. Though he fought against his captors with all his fury the young boy was dragged back to their longships and separated from his home. The youngling’s mother took her own life shortly after her capture rather than face the harsh life of a woman slave. It took many seasons for Hfran to be “broken into” his new tribe and entrusted with weapons of war, for it was Blackheart custom to allow captives to fight for their new tribe after they had calmed their bloodlust. Little did they know that Hfran still held a deep hatred of the tribe that had slain his father and he was waiting for the correct time to strike a blow against his enemies. The time for vengeance came as if from a tale of the Skalds, Hfran’s own tribe attacked the Blackheart camp in the dead of night. Hfran pitched into the melee, concentrating on felling the Blackhearts with his axe for it was time to draw the long hunt to a close. The young man’s axe bit into no fewer than nine fully grown men of the Talons before he came across one of the intruders, their blades clashed with equal skill. It didn’t take long for the warriors to recognize each other even though they had been separated for years, it was in fact his cousin. The reunion set Hfran about butchering his captors with renewed vigour, for he knew he was truly among his brothers once more. It wasn’t long before the Blackheart tribe was no more, each man, woman and child slaughtered by the blood hungry. Hfran was welcomed back to the Blooded Talon tribe and hailed as a great warrior for maintaining his patience when others would falter.

When a trial of combat was held by the Sky Warriors their leader was impressed with the forethought and patience shown by Hfran, in stark contrast to the all out attacks of most of his kin. It was for these traits that Hfran was chosen to fight for the gods among the stars. It didn't take long for Hfran and his pack to pass into the ranks of the Grey Hunters as he was able to instill a sense of control and an appreciation of surprise into his pack mates. However his Wolf Lord realized tha Hfran's talents would be of more use among the Scouts of his company, guiding the rest of the Great Company to war. Sowing confusion and destruction come naturally to the Wolf marked by the raven.

Hfran has proven that the most dangerous weapon in his arsenal is his mind and he is prepared to utilize that against any foes.

He's a Wolf Scout hehe, will do my best to assemble and paint a miniature of him (accompanied by a table leg)

Here's hoping to plenty of interest hehe
QUOTE (A D-B @ Jan 10 2011, 12:45 PM)
THE CUSTODIANS AREN'T PSYCHIC OH MY GOD I HATE YOU MIKAL.

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

Chapter Master Ignis Domus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,766 posts
  • Faction: Iron Flames and Space Wolves
Definitely interested, just let me right up a bit of fluff and figure out what to do. I'm thinking a long fang.
Signature not compliant with forum rules
Hidden Content

Nacho Wolf

Nacho Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 301 posts
I'm in, a blood claw methinks
QUOTE (Steingrimr)
*Strokes big viking beard* Girl? What is girl?

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
Alright boys, sorry its been pretty hectic for me with work and the holidays, but I'm all caught up now! Anyway, I'm ready to give this a shot and do some trials if people are still down! I'll step-in as the ref/bartender/doorman. I realize I also have allot of painting to do haha, I guess that's my new years resolution! so lets have it and get this started! BTW, once this is perfected and we have enough people interested and playing.

Edited by MaveriK, 31 December 2010 - 10:12 PM.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,766 posts
  • Faction: Iron Flames and Space Wolves
You seem to have missed Hrothgar Firefist, Wolf Scout extraordinaire.
Signature not compliant with forum rules
Hidden Content

Growler67

Growler67

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,121 posts
WTH. Wolf Scout Growler67, D8.
Just leave me some ammo, a little water.........and some chips if you got 'em.

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
edited.. just give me your instructions and location on the map. once everyone is listed, i shall start the brawl with round to round replays and updates on each users standing.

Growler67

Growler67

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,121 posts
I suppose the first thing is to get everyone on the board and then allow those with the option to redeploy the opporunity and then go from there with players intentions. So do we PM you with those and then you as "Bartender" start manuvering the brawl so-to-speak?

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts

I suppose the first thing is to get everyone on the board and then allow those with the option to redeploy the opporunity and then go from there with players intentions. So do we PM you with those and then you as "Bartender" start manuvering the brawl so-to-speak?

yessir, you can PM me! I'm just waiting on other people to join if interested. I'll give it until Monday night, January 3rd. This is still a trial run after-all. Oh and btw, HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!!!

Sturm Moonwolf

Sturm Moonwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 412 posts
This looks neato, I'd like to do a Long Fang.

Orphus

Orphus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 457 posts
  • Faction: Orphus' Lost Co.
Right-o, BloodClaw for me!
Night Five: Inglorious Brawler, Season One.
Therefore the youngest of them all stood up,
And with a voice like amber wine she spoke:                
"Great sir, now all is clear and seeming well,
Yet still there is but one remaining problem;
My children, sir, they as of yet unborn,    
Shall never hear your words so pure and grand."
"You see" the great one spoke aloud,                      
"it is your humble kin for whom I write this book.      
It is the law, our honor bound in hide."
-The Remembrance; 156:4:24-32.

Brother Tuditanus

Brother Tuditanus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 425 posts
I'll give 'er a spin. If Skyclaw is too titchy just spot me down for a Bloodclaw. Ferik Stoneskull ;)

"And lo, when the fog had risen, so did their howls, keen to raise the hackles of every cur and hunter. Murderous they were, those Sons of Fenris, and bloody their axes.. Through fire and death, charged the Wolves of Russ, and of foe-men left none alive.." - Soren, Skald to Wolf Lord Bulveye of the 13th Great Company, Astartes Legio VI, taken from the "Brothers Keeper" Saga-

Firenze

Firenze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,128 posts
  • Faction: XX Legion, Raptors
Im in. This takes our bar brawls to a whole new level. And as I cannot be my Thunder Hammer wielding Iron Priest self, I'll settle for a Grey Hunter.
"Stop blindly obeying the words of the book and look at the situation. You have completed your training, but you must now learn to apply it. Regurgitation is not the answer, simple analysis and thought must be used to solve the problem!" — Captain Maodes Karib, Raptors 5th Company

http://benjis-hub.tumblr.com/

vikingwolves

vikingwolves

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 77 posts
Count me in as a Gray Hunter. I would like to think that I have maybe earned my stipes a little on the battlefield. :D PM me when/if you get things arranged.
Turn the blade around, put the oppressors down.- Amon Amarth

It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles.- Machiavelli

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

Blessed is the mind to small for doubt.

As our bodies are armoured with adamantium, our souls are protected with loyalty. As our bolters are charged with death for the Emperor's enemies, our thoughts are charged with wisdom. As our ranks advance, so does our devotion, for are we not Marines? Are we not the chosen of the Emperor, his loyal servants unto death?"- Chaplain Fergas Nils.

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
damn, I'm gonna have to ask my wife to help me out with the dice rolls hahahahaha there is gonna be allot of you, especially rolling on initiative LMAO

Grey Mage

Grey Mage

++ ARCTOS CAELIFERUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 18,665 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves.
I want in as a Long Fang.

Id like to deploy in 6A

And Ill start with throwing a couple bottles at the closest punk or smack them over the head with a chair them if theyre in my square.

Edited by Grey Mage, 02 January 2011 - 02:51 AM.

QUOTE (Wolf Guard Dan @ Dec 28 2009, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When in doubt- Grey Mage.
QUOTE (thade @ Jun 7 2011, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, Hammernators are for pansies. There, I said it.

Growler67

Growler67

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,121 posts
So this doesn't drag on into Halloween, perhaps getting the initial "deployment" grids would be in order so that things can start moving along once "Katy bars the door", eh ;)

ETA: You may name my character Korvis, if you please.

Edited by Growler67, 02 January 2011 - 01:36 AM.

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
I only have a handful of people who gave me their locations on the map, the wolf scouts are deployed last once everyone is placed on the map. Those that don't give me a location will start randomly (by dice roll) from the center of the tavern... being 4C, 5C, 6C, 4D, 5D, 6D. Remember to state your rank, and PM message me your instructions and location or feel free to post them on here!

Edited by MaveriK, 03 January 2011 - 09:37 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users