Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inglorious Drunkards

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1162 replies to this topic

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,205 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
I think the most important change for Round 4 is Maverik gets to participate.

After that I would suggest a tweak to the mechanics to encourage more action instead of sitting around like a vulture waiting for the brawling to end then moving in. Not very honorable or wolf like IMO.

One change I see addressing that would be restricting wound allocation of a body to the person who actually won the combat and knocked him out. Nobody else can swoop in and benefit from it. So if you sit around while someone dispatches 3 or 4 opponents you are at a disadvantage. To the victor go the spoils.

Maybe the scouts could be the exception to this rule making them a better option in future games. It fits them to be patient and wait.

And finally...I agree rending is a bit over the top. The GH is superior to the upgraded brawlers as Firenze experienced twice over. Ignore armor > 2+ save

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side

Inglorious Drunkard Champion-Night 3 (2012)

ETL first time participant-2018

ETL-2019

gallery_48988_15465_42927.png

Decoy

Decoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,508 posts
  • Faction: D'koi 13th Company
I'd like to see Mav participate. Perhaps someone else can just roll for combats involving him while he manages the game otherwise?

I like the restriction of wound-allocation TigX, but I think to remove the "Swoop in and gank the corpse" method would just oversimplify the fight. While "To the victor go the spoils" applies, so to does "Defend what you've earned." Quickedit: Perhaps a sort of "Killer gets first preference", in the case of two combatants killing each other simultaneously?

What I'd like to do, perhaps, is find a way to extend the game a bit. Sure, there will be early kills, but perhaps multiple-wound brawlers, or the ability to run away from a fight where you're obviously outmatched.

Edited by Decoy, 08 February 2011 - 09:45 AM.

QUOTE (Grey Mage)
Annihilation is always a Victory Condition.

QUOTE (Codex: Space Wolves)
You call yourselves true warriors, with your palaces and fountains, your medals and parades? I grasped my first axe when I was still in my birth-caul. I earned my first wolfskin when I was still a whelp. I've been fighting every single day of my life, son. Perhaps you're today's challenge, eh?

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,205 posts

What I'd like to do, perhaps, is find a way to extend the game a bit. Sure, there will be early kills, but perhaps multiple-wound brawlers, or the ability to run away from a fight where you're obviously outmatched.

Your next brawler will heretofore be referred to as Sir Robin if you continue those types of remarks
:)

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side

ETL-2019

Decoy

Decoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,508 posts
Ah ah ah, I only get referred to as such IF I RUN AWAY.

Speaking of which... I wonder if Bravely Brave Sir Robin is still around on this forum...
QUOTE (Grey Mage)

You call yourselves true warriors, with your palaces and fountains, your medals and parades? I grasped my first axe when I was still in my birth-caul. I earned my first wolfskin when I was still a whelp. I've been fighting every single day of my life, son. Perhaps you're today's challenge, eh?

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka
it's all good brother Decoy! holding off the next brawl until we all figure this out. Oh and Tig, I like the figure haha.

gallery_24878_5332_22902.jpg gallery_24878_5332_12892.jpg
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Azn_MaveriK. Night Four: Inglorious Brawler, Season One. Night Three: Inglorious Brawler, Season Two.

Wolf Lord Metuhs

Wolf Lord Metuhs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts
congrats tigurius since your redoing the rules any way id say make the long fangs better when i was one i got knocked out straight away in both rounds although on second tought that could just be my extreme unluckiness while on the interwebs

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,205 posts

it's all good brother Decoy! holding off the next brawl until we all figure this out. Oh and Tig, I like the figure haha.

Can't take credit...not my figure. Found it using GIS but I figured Ghrond needed a proxy after that story. When I get around to making him it will be similar.

ETL-2019

Growler67

Growler67

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,121 posts
The only time I mowed through opponents like that on the table-top battlefield was when I played Harlequins. My Solitaire went through 2 squads of IG in two turns breaking each, survivors, at the end of each turn. Then charged and took out the remaining HQ element. In 3 turns there were 17 dead Guardsmen and the remnants of two squads running for the table edge to their extraction zone.......by one Solitaire.

One and ONLY time I ever experienced a similar feat first hand.

*Korvis raises a tankard of ale and salute TiguriusX for an impressive performance and acknowledging he must've been praying diligently to the Dice Gods while attempting to feast*
Just leave me some ammo, a little water.........and some chips if you got 'em.

Sturm Moonwolf

Sturm Moonwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 412 posts
lol, I had a friend of mine run through tons of my troops back in the day with a web of skulls...

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
I wast thinking of getting rid of the wound allocation altogether and give everyone 2 wounds to begin with. Also what do people think of, once you lose your first wound, you automatically restart to your original location? because if you get up right away, the chances of losing another wound would be pretty great, especially since people have been teaming up allot at these brawls.

I'm keeping the "Mark of the Wulfen" on the Grey Hunters, but removing the rending as suggested. I still don't know what to do with Wolf Scouts, if anyone has any ideas that would be great. Any thoughts or suggestions with these changes? sorry it took so long, I've been busy with work and painting my lost company. Looking forward to hearing some good ideas from you all.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Azn_MaveriK. Night Four: Inglorious Brawler, Season One. Night Three: Inglorious Brawler, Season Two.

Chapter Master Ignis Domus

Chapter Master Ignis Domus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,766 posts
  • Faction: Iron Flames and Space Wolves
Oh, the poor, poor Wolf Scouts. How I weep for the travesties that they have incurred through no fault of their own. Maybe give us a plasma pistol shooting attack? It could represent the preparedness of the scouts.
Signature not compliant with forum rules
Hidden Content

Wysten

Wysten

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 942 posts

The only time I mowed through opponents like that on the table-top battlefield was when I played Harlequins. My Solitaire went through 2 squads of IG in two turns breaking each, survivors, at the end of each turn. Then charged and took out the remaining HQ element. In 3 turns there were 17 dead Guardsmen and the remnants of two squads running for the table edge to their extraction zone.......by one Solitaire.

One and ONLY time I ever experienced a similar feat first hand.

*Korvis raises a tankard of ale and salute TiguriusX for an impressive performance and acknowledging he must've been praying diligently to the Dice Gods while attempting to feast*

You could always use a scatter dice to send them D6 in a random direction, to resemble the fact they took a direct punch and was sent reeling, possibly even creating potencial for further mayhem when the bodys colide with other combatants.

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,355 posts
  • Faction: Divine Flayers
This sounds like fun for sure. The scatter suggestion above is pretty cool too. Think you may have a lot of people wanting in to the next one.

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Putty & Paint gallery

maverik_girl

maverik_girl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 758 posts
  • Faction: The Rout
I'll bring some bolter babes during the championship brawls LOL they can be the ring girls!

gallery_60350_5867_8825.jpg gallery_24878_5332_12892.jpg
known as Skadi the She-Wolf of the Vlka Fenryka. I am a daughter of Fenris. Shield Maiden of the Rout, and pack leader of the Winter Guard. I run with the Fenris Bloods! there is no better pack, than that of a Blood Claws. For Russ and the All-father!

Decoy

Decoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,508 posts
Okay, Mav. I know you've been busy and whatnot. Shall we go through a point by point adjustment of the classes at large? For instance, we start with Grey Hunter, submit suggestions, confirm suggestions, officially change, then move on to the next class? I think that'd be a great way of advancing this quite satisfactorily and enable us to get it on it's feet fairly soon.
QUOTE (Grey Mage)

maverik_girl

maverik_girl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 758 posts

Okay, Mav. I know you've been busy and whatnot. Shall we go through a point by point adjustment of the classes at large? For instance, we start with Grey Hunter, submit suggestions, confirm suggestions, officially change, then move on to the next class? I think that'd be a great way of advancing this quite satisfactorily and enable us to get it on it's feet fairly soon.

I say go for it! have people kick start this reno, focus on each class and then move on to the next. I'm sure he'd want this!

known as Skadi the She-Wolf of the Vlka Fenryka. I am a daughter of Fenris. Shield Maiden of the Rout, and pack leader of the Winter Guard. I run with the Fenris Bloods! there is no better pack, than that of a Blood Claws. For Russ and the All-father!

Firenze

Firenze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,128 posts
  • Faction: XX Legion, Raptors
Im staying an Iron Priest.

Can we bring in the Power Tankards and Exterminatussock?
"Stop blindly obeying the words of the book and look at the situation. You have completed your training, but you must now learn to apply it. Regurgitation is not the answer, simple analysis and thought must be used to solve the problem!" — Captain Maodes Karib, Raptors 5th Company

http://benjis-hub.tumblr.com/

Fellblades

Fellblades

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 174 posts
  • Faction: Fellblade Wolves
Hail brothers! Been a while since I've been on here, and now I get back and y'all are brawling. I remember why I loved this place! Anyhow, I'll be joining the next round if possible, as Jurrn Fellblade, Grey Hunter.
Spacewolves are badasses who operate barely inside the rules.
The 13th Co didnt even know there were rules limiting how badass they could be.

Space Wolves Veteran, with lots to learn still

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
UPDATED RULES AND REVISION.. YOUR THOUGHTS AND IDEAS ARE NEEDED!

:: Tavern Brawl Character Special Rules ::

Posted Image
(users choose one of the following troop choices)

Blood Claw
1) Headstrong. As indicated at SW: Codex
2) Berserk Charge. As indicated at SW: Codex

Grey Hunter
1) base 2 wounds
2) Mark of the Wulfen, no rending
3) Wolf Standard. May re-roll only one failed failed armour save

Grey Slayer (use stats from EoT codex)
1) Wolf Pelt. +1 attack during counter attack.
2) Wolf Tooth Necklace. Close combat attacks hit on 3+

Wolf Scout
1) base 2 wounds
2) ? open to suggestions!

Long Fang
1) base 2 attacks, Fire Control allows the veteran wolf, to fight and split his attacks during close combat.

:: League Brawl Character Special Rules ::

Posted Image
(Inglorious Brawlers may upgrade their characters to the following)

Wolf Guard
1) TDA. 2+ armour save
2) Runic Charm. May re-roll one failed armour save per combat.

Iron Priest
1) Runic Armour. 2+ armour save
2) Bionics. Ignores first failed armour save.

Storm Claw
(use stats from EoT codex)
1) Wolf Pelt. +1 attack during counter attack.
2) Healing Potions & Balms. Old tech, borrowed from the 13th company wolf priest. May ignore one failed armour save, may also help revive fallen team mate, per tile.

postal105

postal105

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 490 posts
ohh looks interesting

hendrik

hendrik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,972 posts
  • Faction: space wolves
give the scout outflank, to resemble this the scout's opponent get's -1 attack since he's taken by surprise :D

WAR WITHIN, WAR WITHOUT!!

Jonas Stromclaw

Jonas Stromclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,143 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves,
How about giving the scout rending the first time he engages in close combat? To represent him attacking from an undefended angle or targeting weakpoints in the foeman's armor.

“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” J R Tolkien

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
how about Furious Charge for the Wolf Scouts?

Growler67

Growler67

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,121 posts
I like the allowance to redeploy before the brawl begins. That should be left in IMO. Perhaps something like "Aimed Shot" modified: once per round/turn/opponent, if a 6 is rolled on one the of the Scouts attacks, only a 6 save will result in not taking a wound against that attack.

So out of the two attacks, if one of the rolled dice is a 6 - it counts as an aimed shot and the defender has to roll a 6 in defense of that attack or take a wound. If no 6 is rolled on the attack, then the Scout just didn't take the time to aim his blow. I think this is balanced without being too complicated.

Edited by Growler67, 20 March 2011 - 06:37 AM.

Just leave me some ammo, a little water.........and some chips if you got 'em.

maverik_girl

maverik_girl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 758 posts
after reading night three, I can see that the rending was a little much for allot of people. Good rolls on your part, but a bit over-powered. I think it's wise to remove the rending altogether for the Grey Hunter. I think the Wolf Scout should get two wounds? Growler's suggestion on the aimed shot sounds cool. But the -1 attack suggested by hendrik in the beginning of combat against a Wolf Scout sounds fluffy also!

How about everyone gets a Ld roll if they lose all their wounds? if they pass, they stay on fighting... only they have -1 weapon skill and -1 attack during combat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users