Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inglorious Drunkards

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1162 replies to this topic

Decoy

Decoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,508 posts
  • Faction: D'koi 13th Company
I think (?) I'm a League Brawler, and if such is the case, it would be my proud honor to represent the 13th Company once more. This time, however, I will be taking on the mantle of my all-time favored unit-type from the 13th, the fabled Storm Claw! (Seriously. I had nothing but Storm Claws and Wulfen. :cuss)

Les Doo Eet. Perhaps a Long-in-the-Tooth vs. Young-Whelp bit of action this time around? How do you elders feel about that? (I'm looking at you, GM.)
QUOTE (Grey Mage)
Annihilation is always a Victory Condition.

QUOTE (Codex: Space Wolves)
You call yourselves true warriors, with your palaces and fountains, your medals and parades? I grasped my first axe when I was still in my birth-caul. I earned my first wolfskin when I was still a whelp. I've been fighting every single day of my life, son. Perhaps you're today's challenge, eh?

Wolf Lord Metuhs

Wolf Lord Metuhs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts
Even though it appears that i have terrible luck at this thing ill sign up but as a grey slayer this time

Starkhan Fellblade

Starkhan Fellblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 97 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers

Even though it appears that i have terrible luck at this thing ill sign up but as a grey slayer this time

Would you like to make a pack with a fellow slayer?

Starkhan

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,175 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
I will give a Grey Hunter a go. Seems they are under represented.

Ghrond Ferriglou bane of the Greenskins (and unfortunate bearer of the Mark of the Wulfen) will be in the area. He isn't looking for trouble but he isn't a pusher over so be careful. You won't like him when he's angry...

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side

Inglorious Drunkard Champion-Night 3 (2012)

ETL first time participant-2018

ETL-2019

gallery_48988_15465_42927.png

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,019 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka
Looks like a lot of fun, I guess I'll go in as a Blood Claw then! :blink:
Lo, there do I see my fallen kinsmen, Threads cut by the foe I now seek. In bloody battle I will engage him, And carve my vengeance from his flesh. No ale shall pass my lips, At no feast will I indulge. No foe shall stay my wrath, Until my brothers are avenged. Ever shall I hunt my quarry, Across the Sea of Stars. Whilst I yet breathe, I will not falter, Until Morkai claims his due.--Bjorn's Oath of the Lone Wolf

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,378 posts
  • Faction: Space wolves
I'm going to pull out of this round, got so much to focus on right now.
QUOTE (A D-B @ Jan 10 2011, 12:45 PM)
THE CUSTODIANS AREN'T PSYCHIC OH MY GOD I HATE YOU MIKAL.

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 241 posts
Am i too late to take part in this? :)

Wolf Lord Metuhs

Wolf Lord Metuhs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts

Would you like to make a pack with a fellow slayer?

Starkhan

Sure and together we will take all our enemies down with ale bottle and bar stool ready in hand

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
Posted Image

:: CONFIRMED DRUNKARDS ::
(Night Three)

Wolf Lord Metuhs: Grey Slayer (Team One)
Starkhan Fellblade: Grey Slayer (Team One)

Nacho Wolf: A1. Bloodclaw (Team Two)
Chapter Master Ignis Domus: A1. Hrothgar Firefist, Wolf Scout (Team Two)

Jonas Stromclaw
: D5. Bloodclaw (Team Three)
OnlyInDeath: D5. Torvald, Wolf Scout (Team Three)
Decoy: D5. Storm Claw, (Team Three)

Kassill: 7A. Bloodclaw (Team Four)
TheLoneWolf: 7A. Lucian, Wolf Scout (Team Four)

Firenze
: B3. Iron Priest
TiguriusX: A4. Ghrond Ferriglou, Grey Hunter

--EDIT--
Last day for sign up is on Friday February 4th.

Edited by MaveriK, 05 February 2011 - 09:26 PM.

gallery_24878_5332_22902.jpg gallery_24878_5332_12892.jpg
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Azn_MaveriK. Night Four: Inglorious Brawler, Season One. Night Three: Inglorious Brawler, Season Two.

OnlyInDeath

OnlyInDeath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,088 posts
Jonas and Torvald are on a team there Mav.

Decoy? Firenze? join forces like the olden days and teach these whelps what's for?
Click Here if you are in need of some reading material
QUOTE (Vassakov @ Feb 23 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the end of the day, we know who our true brothers are. We watch the halls of Russ, and remember our days of glory whilst persuing ever greater ones.
We are the Sons of Russ, for the All-Father and the Wolf King. From now, until the End Days and the Wolftime. We play by our rules, and noone elses.

Jonas Stromclaw

Jonas Stromclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,143 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves,
Aye, I'll second that. Come on Firenze and Decoy, there are whelps to be beaten!

“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” J R Tolkien

Decoy

Decoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,508 posts
I'll be with OnlyInDeath'n'Crew. C'mon, Firenze. Let's bring the pain.
QUOTE (Grey Mage)

You call yourselves true warriors, with your palaces and fountains, your medals and parades? I grasped my first axe when I was still in my birth-caul. I earned my first wolfskin when I was still a whelp. I've been fighting every single day of my life, son. Perhaps you're today's challenge, eh?

TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 241 posts
Wolf Scout Lucian shall enter from 7A.... :evil:

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,019 posts

Wolf Scout Lucian shall enter from 7A.... :D

Care to team up?
Lo, there do I see my fallen kinsmen, Threads cut by the foe I now seek. In bloody battle I will engage him, And carve my vengeance from his flesh. No ale shall pass my lips, At no feast will I indulge. No foe shall stay my wrath, Until my brothers are avenged. Ever shall I hunt my quarry, Across the Sea of Stars. Whilst I yet breathe, I will not falter, Until Morkai claims his due.--Bjorn's Oath of the Lone Wolf

TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 241 posts

Wolf Scout Lucian shall enter from 7A.... :(

Care to team up?

Sure, why not? :(

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
alright you drunkards, the tavern doors are opened! not everyone specified where they are, get to it so I can get the dice rolling! post your actions and lets have a good show! cheers and pray to the dice gods

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Azn_MaveriK. Night Four: Inglorious Brawler, Season One. Night Three: Inglorious Brawler, Season Two.

Growler67

Growler67

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,121 posts
*Watching from the Mezzanine with ale tankard in hand peering over a platter of Elk and Boar meat at his Wolf Brothers gathering below*

A toast to you ALL.......FOR RUSS AND THE GLORY OF THE FANG, BROTHERS !!!!!!
Just leave me some ammo, a little water.........and some chips if you got 'em.

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,019 posts
The Young Blood Kassill walks casually into the tavern with his head raised high. He sniffs the air as more Space Wolves come from all direction to the tavern. "Tonights going to be a good night he says" his smile revealing his deadly fangs.

I guess I will wait till others clarify their tiles before I start chucking myself at them :)

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,175 posts
Ghrond = A4

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side

Inglorious Drunkard Champion-Night 3 (2012)

ETL first time participant-2018

ETL-2019

gallery_48988_15465_42927.png

OnlyInDeath

OnlyInDeath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,088 posts
Torvald took a slow swig of his ale, relishing the layered flavors as it fell against his tongue, as he slowly surveyed the room from a shadow filled corner. The tension is high in the tavern this night, and the hairs on the back of his neck were on end.

'Too much time off the front line, the whelps have their blood up..." he thought to himself.

And as if to make his point, he noticed the assorted warriors congregating around their comrades, knuckles tightening around their drinking horns as they sent peircing stares across the room at potential targets. The yells for ale were becoming more beligerent, more feral.
'Any time now..."

Suddenly he became aware of a set of eyes resting upon him, and he turned his golden gaze across the room, trying to pierce the haze of smoke and steam to find its source. Emerging from the gloom, Decoy parted the mist like a figure from the dark legends, fully bedecked in his power armor, wolf tails and fetishes made from strips of leather and animal bones dangling and clinking gently with each step. He strode to the wall next to Torvald, keeping to the light and shielding the form of the scout further as he turned to gaze upon the beligerent mass of Space Wolves, lubricating themselves to a high degree.

"There's blood in the air tonight, scout. I trust you still know how to crack a few skulls?" Decoy murmured under his breath, the sound issuing like a glacier grinding stone to dust.

Torvald simply grinned, his fangs bared as if a vision from Hell. His eyes flashed gold as he caught the sight of another familiar figure. Nodding to the feral, if extremely inebriated, form of Jonas Stromclaw, who seemed to be losing a battle to determine which of the tankards in front of him, in fact, was solid and contained the mead he seemed to be partially coated in, he growled, "I believe our brother over there will feel no pain tonight, care to point him in the right direction?"

The air ionized in an instant and with a clap of collapsing reality, Decoy was gone, only to appear at Jonas' side. As Torvald saw Decoy try to lift Jonas into a standing position, berating the young Claw and working him in short order into a fighting frenzy, he silently stood from his stool, reached down to grab his Power Tankard, and slunk off into the shadows, looking for his first victim... He paused with a start as he caught the scent of motor oil and incense in the air, before smiling to himself and disappearing into the dark.

Perhaps this would be a good night after all...

Lets go lads, I gotta know where you all are before I decide which whelp needs a good beating!

Edited by OnlyInDeath, 05 February 2011 - 05:27 AM.

Click Here if you are in need of some reading material
QUOTE (Vassakov @ Feb 23 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the end of the day, we know who our true brothers are. We watch the halls of Russ, and remember our days of glory whilst persuing ever greater ones.
We are the Sons of Russ, for the All-Father and the Wolf King. From now, until the End Days and the Wolftime. We play by our rules, and noone elses.

Decoy

Decoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,508 posts
(I think I'll just let OiD do any narrative part for me. :P Unfortunately, most of my creative edge in writing is devoted to school at the moment. )
QUOTE (Grey Mage)

Firenze

Firenze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,128 posts
  • Faction: XX Legion, Raptors
Same. Im preparing for an interview :P. But I can still deal a good thrashing to any whelp who stands against me.
"Stop blindly obeying the words of the book and look at the situation. You have completed your training, but you must now learn to apply it. Regurgitation is not the answer, simple analysis and thought must be used to solve the problem!" — Captain Maodes Karib, Raptors 5th Company

http://benjis-hub.tumblr.com/

Jonas Stromclaw

Jonas Stromclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,143 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves,
Aye, OID gets the narrative bits. I'll deploy D5.

“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” J R Tolkien

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
Posted Image

:: CONFIRMED DRUNKARDS ::
(Night Three)

TiguriusX
: A4. Ghrond Ferriglou, Grey Hunter

Wolf Lord Metuhs: B6. Grey Slayer (Team One)
Starkhan Fellblade: B6. Grey Slayer (Team One)

Jonas Stromclaw: D5. Bloodclaw (Team Three)
OnlyInDeath: D5. Torvald, Wolf Scout (Team Three)
Decoy: D5. Storm Claw, (Team Three)

Firenze: B3. Iron Priest OUT COLD

Kassill
: 7A. Bloodclaw (Team Four)
TheLoneWolf: 7A. Lucian, Wolf Scout (Team Four)

Nacho Wolf: A4. TEAM TWO. Bloodclaw (OUT COLD)
Chapter Master Ignis Domus: A4. TEAM TWO. Hrothgar Firefist, Wolf Scout (OUT COLD)

--EDIT--
Team members stay together, once location is indicated by one member the remaining follow as per the limit of 5 users per tile rule. Since team one's location have not be specified, I will roll on random like I did with night one to designate a location. PRAY TO THE DICE GODS AND LETS GET READY FOR A BRAWL!!!! EVERYONE'S LOCATION IS SHOWN NOW LETS GET TO WORK.

Edited by MaveriK, 06 February 2011 - 12:58 PM.

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
"Torvald detached himself from the shadows and strode through the tavern to join up with his fellow brothers, Decoy and Jonas, who were engaged in a heated debate. He couldn't make out the full line of the discussion, but evidently Decoy was trying to convince the young claw that the solitary figure across the hall, a one TigiriusX, had questioned the virtue of his mother when it came to the ice yetis of the Northern Wastes. Needless to say, what managed to get through the drunken stupor of his friend had enraged him to a painful degree.

"CALL MY MOTHER A YETI LOVER WILL YOU??? BY RUSS I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS!!!" Jonas bellowed. As if a gunshot went off, the entire tavern went silent as all eyes turned towards the trio of warriors standing alone in the middle of the drinking hall.

Turning towards the nearest table, Jonas roared under the strain of trying to lift the massive slab of bassalt bolted to the floor. Decoy motioned Torvald over, and together the three superhumans heaved the rock onto the shoulders of the Bloodclaw.

"Well, here we go then," Decoy grumbled, and with a heave the warriors sent the table careening across the hall at the stunned figure of Tigiurius.

At the same time, the cloaked figure of a techmarine could be seen darting his way through the darkness at the intended target..."
- OnlyInDeath

:: MEANWHILE ::

"Nacho and Hrothgar sneak stealthily into the tavern, the young blood claw having learnt much from the scouts he had taken to brawling with. However, he is still a blood claw at heart, therefore wanting the glory of starting another brawl. Hrothgar's excelent hearing detected a muttering Ghrond Ferrigluo making disparraging comments about the previous nights victorious brawler... The duo had their target. Hrothgar melted into the shadows to appear behind Ghrond while the young pup let out a monsterous howl and raced forward, the pair gathering up steins and elk legs from what was meant to be the feast and set about the surprised grey hunter, first by throwing the food, then by ramming it into his face and other tender regions. THE BRAWL HAD BEGUN!" - Nacho Wolf. In human (instead of drunkard) speach, this means we are moving to A4 and attacking TiguriusX, each shooting before using two hand weapons in combat.

(Action Choice D6 Roll: 1-3 OnlyInDeath. 4-6 Nacho Wolf. I rolled a 5)

:: NIGHT THREE ::

Nacho Wolf and his wolf brother Hrothgar Firefist, act quickly and make their intentions known to all in the tavern. Torvald and his group was beaten to the punch! Nacho and Hrothgar throw a volley of bottles and chairs toward the Grey Hunter Ghrond. Ghrond Ferriglou turns around, grins at the two and easily dodges the shooting. The one bottle landed but didn't effect the Grey Hunter, cutting him on the cheek. Blood drips down his face... the blood boils and returns fire. The beast within still caged inside the mighty warrior. This attacks find no target, as the Wolf Scout is seen fading from view in the shadows, his hot-headed friends following his pace and disappearing in the shadows. This angers Ghrond Ferriglou even more. The three warriors find their way (A4) and fight in close combat. The three combatants charge each other and a huge crushing sound echos the tavern. The Blood Claw beserk charges, and lands 4 blows at Ghrond, landing only 1 wound. The Wolf Scout landed 2 of his own, but wasn't able to inflict anything. The Grey Hunter returns with 2 and wounds with 1 attack. Nacho makes his save. The three continue onto another round of combat!

The Blood Claw gave it his all during his charge, now he is at an equal footing. Ghrond howls furiously... both Hrothgar and Nacho momentarily freeze as the hair from the back of their necks raise. The Ghrond's eyes turn yellow (D6+1. I rolled 6!) both Nacho and Hrothgar are in for a fight! locked into a vicious fight as the beast within is unleashed. The Wolf Scout fades in and out from view, but the yellow eyed warrior has elevated senses and is twice as faster now than ever. Both Nacho and Hrothgar make their attacks. Each inflict 1 wound each on Ghrond. Ghround makes both save! the beast within was far to superior in speed and strength for any of their attacks to hurt the Grey Hunter. (I roll all 7 dice from TiguriusX) 6 attacks hit two of which were rending. Both Nacho Wolf and Hrothgar were obliterated by the fury of the beast. The two fall to the ground. Ghround sits back at his chair and continues eating as if nothing happened. This shocks everyone in the room! well all except members of the 13th Company.

---
OUCH! is all I have to say for Nacho and Hrothgar. Eliminated early on in the night! The only person who can revive the two is Decoy with his healing potion and balms.. if he wishes it LOL. All I have to say is, WOW! no wonder the two teams targeted the Grey Hunter early on the brawl. The man is DANGEROUS! but I gotta tip my hat off to TiguriusX, coming in alone at a tavern. It's almost like a movie.. guy is minding his own business and ends up beating on the two who picked a fight with him, then goes back acting all cool and calm to his drink. Simply awesome!

Edited by MaveriK, 06 February 2011 - 06:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users