Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inglorious Drunkards

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1162 replies to this topic

Firenze

Firenze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,128 posts
  • Faction: XX Legion, Raptors
If I can, A4. If not, Ill kick my way through a wall to get to A4. Its happening either way ^_^
"Stop blindly obeying the words of the book and look at the situation. You have completed your training, but you must now learn to apply it. Regurgitation is not the answer, simple analysis and thought must be used to solve the problem!" — Captain Maodes Karib, Raptors 5th Company

http://benjis-hub.tumblr.com/

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,176 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Ghrond pushes the unconscious bodies of the Blood Claw and Wolf Scout to the side and continues with his meal. The roasted elk is particularly tasty this evening and finishing this meal is more important than brawling randomly.

He growls slightly as he forces the beast within back under his control but the scent of annointed machine oil approaching makes it more difficult than normal. Ghrond prepares himself for another interuption to his meal.

War within, war without...

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side

Inglorious Drunkard Champion-Night 3 (2012)

ETL first time participant-2018

ETL-2019

gallery_48988_15465_42927.png

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka
The Iron Priest makes his move towards the Grey Hunter. Pistons hissing, gears grinding.. Firenze smashes at his foe with all his might. His bionic fist crackle with electricity destroying the table and ruining Ghrond's meal. The Grey Hunter shocked at his ruined food, unable to counter-attack at the charging bionic priest. Firenze unleashes his attacks and lands a single blow at Ghrond. The Grey Hunter shakes his wound off.. dazed, but quick to recover. The Grey Hunter unleashes 5 attacks at the Iron Priest.. landing 4 wounds in total, two of which were rending! not even the Iron Priest, bionics nor runic armour along with the two fallen bodies of Nacho Wolf and Hrothgar could save him. He falls heavily, crashing on the floor. The Grey Hunter is angry! and looks about at the entire room, waiting for the next challenger and howls in triumph. "Is there no one else? Is there no one else?" - Achilles, Troy

gallery_24878_5332_22902.jpg gallery_24878_5332_12892.jpg
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Azn_MaveriK. Night Four: Inglorious Brawler, Season One. Night Three: Inglorious Brawler, Season Two.

Chapter Master Ignis Domus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,766 posts
  • Faction: Iron Flames and Space Wolves
Stayin' dead, stayin' dead, oh, oh, oh

One round, I tell you, one round.
Signature not compliant with forum rules
Hidden Content

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
Posted Image

:: CONFIRMED DRUNKARDS ::
(Night Three)

TiguriusX
: A3. Ghrond Ferriglou, Grey Hunter

Wolf Lord Metuhs
: B6. Grey Slayer (Team One)
Starkhan Fellblade: B6. Grey Slayer (Team One)

Kassill
: 7A. Bloodclaw (Team Four)
TheLoneWolf: 7A. Lucian, Wolf Scout (Team Four)

---

Jonas Stromclaw: A3. TEAM THREE. Bloodclaw (OUT COLD)
OnlyInDeath: A4. TEAM THREE. Torvald, Wolf Scout (OUT COLD)
Decoy: A4. TEAM THREE. Storm Claw (OUT COLD)

Firenze: A4. Iron Priest OUT COLD
Nacho Wolf: A4. TEAM TWO. Bloodclaw (OUT COLD)
Chapter Master Ignis Domus: A4. TEAM TWO. Hrothgar Firefist, Wolf Scout (OUT COLD)

"So did our move to D4 at least go off, just not the shooting? if so, our group would make the subsequent charge into A4 to revive Firenze (Decoy's HP&:D and try to take down the crazy GH. We would obviously use the two corpses in the tile as weapons/ablative wounds if they haven't been used up already (not including Firenze!)" - OnlyInDeath

:: THE BRAWL SO FAR ::

Torvald, Wolf Scout moves quickly towards the lone Grey Hunter, his pack mates follow behind. Surrounding the feral Grey Hunter, Jonas Bloodclaw berserk charges in, while Torvald comes in from behind with his attacks, while Decoy does his best to revive the Iron Priest. Torvald attacks at Ghrond hitting the Grey Hunter twice, but was unable to do any damage to the man. While Torvald distracted the Grey Hunter with his attack, the hot-headed Jonas take the momentary advantage and hits 3 with his own attacks, wounding the Ghrond twice. Ghrond makes his save, counter-attacks and unleashes his bestial fury on his two attackers. Ghrond wounds the two warriors 5 times, three of which were from his rending claws. "He bite me!" says Jonas! the two attackers make their saves, failing only one but the experienced Wolf Scout Torvald, wise in his years used Nacho as a meat sheild in turn making his save. The combat goes into another round of combat, as Decoy can now join in the melee along side the now revived Iron Priest. Ghrond is out numbered!

Decoy attacks the Grey Hunter, hitting him only twice, and wounding only 1. Ghrond makes his save. The newly revived Firenze, still angry from his defeat attacks, wounding Ghrond twice. Ghrond, smiles at the Iron Priest as he makes his save. Both Torvald and Jonas exhausted from the first round of combat attack, but able to wound the lone warrior. Ghrond returns by unleashing a whirlwind of attacks (5) from all directions. All of his 5 attacks wound! two of which were rending. Everyone manages to survive the onslaught, making use of the one failed save by allocating the attack to the fallen body of Hrothgar (Nacho Wolf and Hrothgar can no longer be used as wound allocation in that tile)

Round three of close combat. "They say any beast is much more dangerous when cornered" says Torvald, "how about when he's surrounded?" replies Jonas with a laugh. (MoTW, D6+1.. I rolled a 6! damn I'm rolling good today with TiguriousX) The four men attack Ghrond, 2 hits from Jonas, 2 from Decoy, 1 from Firenze, and 1 from Torvald.. managing to wound the Grey Hunter with a total of 4 wounds. The Grey Hunter makes all of his saves! (wow) and unleashes his attacks on the four warriors, hitting 6, one of which was rending.. and wounds 2. One makes his save, and fails the other. Decoy uses his healing potion and balms to help is comrade. The rending was aimed towards the Iron Priest but makes his save from his bionics, replied back at Ghrond with a middle finger.

Round four of close combat. (MoTW, D6+1.. wow, once again I roll a 6! this is awesome!) The Iron Priest lands all 3 of his attacks, as Decoy lands 2 of his. Torvald hits with his 2, and Jonas with his 1... with a total of 4 wounds on the Grey Hunter. Ghrond returns with his attacks.. with a total of 4 wounds, two of which are rending on the four warriors. Jonas and Torvald make their save, Decoy ignores his failed save thanks to his healing potions and balms, while the Iron Priest once again falls to the ground. Ghround saved three wounds and fails his one, using the Iron Priest fallen body to soak-up his unsaved wound. (That was funny in a sadistic way!)

Round five of close combat. (MotW, D6+1.. I roll a 2) The three remaining attackers quickly pounce on Ghrond, wounding the Grey Hunter three times. Ghrond wounds three of the two attackers. Jonas takes the fall, as he crashes down on another table. The Grey Hunter saves two of his three saves, using Jonas body for his unsaved wound. (I've been trying to keep things tactically fair for all brawlers as bodies are starting to slowly fall, one by one. I've been keeping Decoy alive as much as I can, should he survive this combat so he can eventually revive his pack mates. While I've been keeping the Grey Hunter's wolf standard as a last resort, using the fallen bodies for his unsaved wounds.)

Round Six of close combat. (MotW, D6+1.. I roll a 5) The two remaining attackers manage to land a total of 4 attacks on the Grey Hunter, wounding with one 1. Ghrond makes his save! and unleashes with his attacks. Landing 5 attacks, one of which is a rending wound, with an additional of 3 wounds from Ghronds nomal attacks. The rending wound is ignored thanks to Decoy's healing potions and balms. (The fallen bodies in the tile have all been used up) 1 of the 3 wounds are saved, which goes to Decoy. The two other wounds fail! both Decoy and Torvald fall to the ground from exhaustion and a good pounding from Ghrond, as the Grey Hunter thrashes their unconscious bodies about.

--EDIT--
I haven't heard from TEAM ONE or TEAM FOUR; so I'm going to hold off for now, that is unless TiguriusX wants to move towards of the two remaining teams. (I must admit, that was a crazy round of close combat! pad on the back for TEAM THREE)

Edited by MaveriK, 07 February 2011 - 10:01 PM.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Azn_MaveriK. Night Four: Inglorious Brawler, Season One. Night Three: Inglorious Brawler, Season Two.

Jonas Stromclaw

Jonas Stromclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,143 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves,
That is insane. If Tigurius wins this.... I might just die laughing.

“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” J R Tolkien

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,176 posts
The violence ended almost as quickly as it had begun. Ghrond knew better than to give in to the wolf within and looked around for an undisturbed table with food and ale.

He took a few steps and resumed his meal...waiting for the next challenge.

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side

ETL-2019

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts

The violence ended almost as quickly as it had begun. Ghrond knew better than to give in to the wolf within and looked around for an undisturbed table with food and ale.

show off! :)

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,176 posts

show off! :)

I figure you could use a break from all the dice rolling once the work week rolls around again.

If they don't respond in a few days feel free send Ghrond hunting. It doesn't take him THAT long to finish his meal

ETL-2019

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
sometimes i wished i rolled this crazy at my LGS! man, i look forward to when someone decides to take up the mantle and do at least one brawl as the bartender. i wanna be able to join in the mayhem haha. either way, very remarkable on your part wolf brother. the dice gods were in your favor today! and your opponents fought hard.

--EDIT--
i was thinking of doing a fun little boss battle against a champion brawler. Bosses are proxy forum mods, and since we have 3 of them here at the Fang, i was thinking of the following: Lord Rags, would have a wolf lord stat-line. littlebits with a wolf priest and Max with a runepriest. A dice roll to decides which boss comes in to fight the champion brawler haha. Sorry way to much street fighter on my mind LOL

Edited by MaveriK, 07 February 2011 - 02:38 AM.

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,176 posts

sometimes i wished i rolled this crazy at my LGS! man, i look forward to when someone decides to take up the mantle and do at least one brawl as the bartender. i wanna be able to join in the mayhem haha. either way, very remarkable on your part wolf brother. the dice gods were in your favor today! and your opponents fought hard.

If you want me to do the rolls when your character is personally involved I will sit out next match so you can participate.

You can run the whole show just PM me what situation to roll and I will give the results

ETL-2019

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,019 posts
Kassill lets out a snarl as he watches the brawl from a distance. He looks over at Lucian, the old scout, and nods.
Lo, there do I see my fallen kinsmen, Threads cut by the foe I now seek. In bloody battle I will engage him, And carve my vengeance from his flesh. No ale shall pass my lips, At no feast will I indulge. No foe shall stay my wrath, Until my brothers are avenged. Ever shall I hunt my quarry, Across the Sea of Stars. Whilst I yet breathe, I will not falter, Until Morkai claims his due.--Bjorn's Oath of the Lone Wolf

TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 241 posts
Meanwhile, in the midst of all the cheering, jeering, and commotion that is going on at the center of the feasting hall, Lucian and Kassill silently moves into one of the many secret, hidden passages/passageways in the hall, while keeping his eyes on the fight. Observing and buying time to find any kind of weak spot that Ghrond may have so that they can strike at the perfect moment....once the two have moved into their desired position, Lucian opens up a secret trapdoor, and gives out hand signals to Kassill to be ready as they spread out a little and climbs down on two separate pilllars while remaining hidden in the shadows. Lucian gives a nod to Kassill and then starts flinging some bones and bottles that he picked up earlier at Ghrond whom just stood up right after finishing his meal, and the whole hall went silent at the sound of broken bottles. Ghronds turns around to see who the attacker is, but sees no one. And Lucian makes a dynamic entry from high above with a flying kick towards Ghrond....

Edited by TheLoneWolf, 26 March 2011 - 06:12 PM.

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,019 posts

Meanwhile, in the midst of all the cheering, jeering, and commotion that is going on at the center of the feasting hall, Lucian and Kassill silently moves into one of the many secret, hidden passages/passageways in the hall, while keeping his eyes on the fight. Observing and buying time to find any kind of weak spot that Ghrond may have so that they can strike at the perfect moment....once the two have moved into their desired position, Lucian opens up a secret trapdoor, and gives out hand signals to Kassill to be ready as they spread out a little and climbs down on two separate pilllars while remaining hidden in the shadows. Lucian gives a nod to Kassill and then starts flinging some bones and bottles that he picked up earlier at Ghrond whom just stood up right after finishing his meal, and the whole hall went silent at the sound broken bottles. Ghronds turns around to see who the attacker is, but sees no one. And Lucian makes a dynamic entry from high above with a flying kick towards Ghrond....

Kassill lets out a snarl and charges the confused Ghrond, bar stool held high.
Lo, there do I see my fallen kinsmen, Threads cut by the foe I now seek. In bloody battle I will engage him, And carve my vengeance from his flesh. No ale shall pass my lips, At no feast will I indulge. No foe shall stay my wrath, Until my brothers are avenged. Ever shall I hunt my quarry, Across the Sea of Stars. Whilst I yet breathe, I will not falter, Until Morkai claims his due.--Bjorn's Oath of the Lone Wolf

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
Posted Image

:: CONFIRMED DRUNKARDS ::
(Night Three)

TiguriusX: B3. Ghrond Ferriglou, Grey Hunter

--

Wolf Lord Metuhs: A3. Team One. Grey Slayer (OUT COLD)
Starkhan Fellblade: A3. Team One. Grey Slayer (OUT COLD)

Kassill: A3. Team Four. Bloodclaw (OUT COLD)
TheLoneWolf: A3. Team Four. Lucian, Wolf Scout (OUT COLD)

Jonas Stromclaw: A3. TEAM THREE. Bloodclaw (OUT COLD)
OnlyInDeath: A4. TEAM THREE. Torvald, Wolf Scout (OUT COLD)
Decoy: A4. TEAM THREE. Storm Claw (OUT COLD)

Firenze: A4. Iron Priest OUT COLD
Nacho Wolf: A4. TEAM TWO. Bloodclaw (OUT COLD)
Chapter Master Ignis Domus: A4. TEAM TWO. Hrothgar Firefist, Wolf Scout (OUT COLD)

:: THE BRAWL ::

Kassill and TheLoneWolf start shooting bottles towards Ghrond, hitting the Grey Hunter 3 times, and wounding him only once. The Grey Hunter makes his save as he continues to look for the two new attackers. The young Bloodclaw beserk charges in, while the Wolf Scout follows with his attacks. Between the two, they manage to hit Ghrond 4 times, wounding Ghrond 2. The Grey Hunter makes one save and fails another, Ghrond holds onto his wolf standard and re-rolls, making his save! unfortunately Ghrond wasn't able to counter-attack in time, unable to find his targets. Instead he unleashes a fury of attacks from all directions hoping to catch one of the two new drunkards. (D6+1, I rolled a 5) Ghround hits the two new drunkards 5 times, two of which were rending. 1 make a save, the other two wounds were unsaved, excluding the two rending.. we have bodies pilled up! this is madness!!!

The remaining team start shooting at Ghrond automatically, as the three remaining drunkards fight to the title of inglorious brawler. The two Grey Slayers yell out "for the thirteenth!!" The two Grey Slayers hit Ghround but was unable to wound him. They charge at the Grey Hunter as Ghrond braces himself for the impact. (D6+1, I roll a 4 and fails a counter-attack) The two Grey Slayers combined attack hit Ghrond 5 times! wounding him 3 times. Ghrond makes 2 saves and allocates the failed save towards Kassill. Ghrond returns the favor by hitting the two Grey Slayers 4 times, one of which was a rending hit, and wounds 2. Both Grey Slayers make their save, as the oher wound is allocated towards TheLoneWolf.

Round two of combat. (D6+1, I roll a 4) Both Starkham and Metuhs each land two blows on Ghrond, wounding the Grey Hunter twice. Ghrond unleashes his attacks, and hits all 6 of his, one of which was rending.. they all wound! after 4 failed armour saves from both Starkham and Metuhs, along side with 1 failed save from Ghrond. Ghrond is the last man/beast standing! he collapses from exhaustion and Fenris babes come in to revive the inglorious brawler! another round of fresh food and drinks are served as all of the fallen drunkards slowly get back on their feet. Both Kassill and Lucian, (TheLoneWolf) move onto as league brawlers.

Posted Image
Ghrond Ferriglou, Grey Hunter (TiguriusX) wins the third tavern brawl and gains the title of Inglorious Brawler! congratulations wolf brother, you will face up against Sturm Moonwolf. The winner of that match will be the next contender to face up against our current champion brawler Wolf Guard Korvis (Growler67)

---
unbealivable!!! is all I have to say, congratulations Tig! your Grey Hunter is truly a one man army! if you had a model to represent the man, he should be praised indeed as his saga will go down in Fang forum history as the only person to take out an entire tavern.

Posted Image

Inglorious Drunkards was inspired by:
http://www.bolterand...howtopic=194681
http://www.bolterand...howtopic=206879

Edited by MaveriK, 07 February 2011 - 10:39 PM.

Wysten

Wysten

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 942 posts
My god, that is crazy! Saga worthy! Someone needs to make this guy into a model, because the madness he bestoes sounds exactly what space wolves are all about!

Just a pity the guy never managed to finish his meal... XD

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,176 posts
Ghrond is the WH40k name of my best friend growing up. He introduced me to WH40k in middle school. He was 6'2 200lbs at the time so a wild wulfen victory seems fitting. I'll have to pass this saga along to him.

I agree this deserves to be modelled. It will have to wait though. Just bought our first home and are preparing to move cross country (i.e., busy busy busy busy busy) but when I have the time I'll make a model (I am a horrible hobbyist don't get your hopes up).

ETL-2019

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,019 posts
Wow, congrats Tig, that is some beasting! B)

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
let it be known from now on here at the B&C.. at The Fang, that any grey hunter with the mark of wulfen, that pulls something similar on the table-top be referred to as: pulling a "TiguriusX" LMAO! congrats once again, and also on the new home!

Decoy

Decoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,508 posts
  • Faction: D'koi 13th Company
The one thing I'd voice a concern with is the "Rending" ability of Hunters. Lacking the ability to get powerweapons in any other class (that I know of), the Rending that can ignore armor seems to have proven itself as quite powerful given the D6 extra attacks -per combatant-, not per combat. With a potential 24 attacks in ONE ROUND of combat against max combatants, strategic maneuvering and planning seems to be nixed against Grey Hunters. Furthermore, with no accurate ranged attacks (apparently, given a round of dedicated "shooting" resulted in 8 misses with WS4) as a viable option, once Hunters hit combat, they can be above and beyond devastating.

Furthermore, the same might be said of HP&B. Perhaps if it was made once/round, EITHER heal the wounded OR heal yourself, it might be less abusable. All I'm seeing in my mind is four Storm Claws, mutually healing and bringing each other up every combat.

Those are the only real balance issues I can think of off the top of my head, but they're glaring ones that might need patching up prior to the next fight.
QUOTE (Grey Mage)
Annihilation is always a Victory Condition.

QUOTE (Codex: Space Wolves)
You call yourselves true warriors, with your palaces and fountains, your medals and parades? I grasped my first axe when I was still in my birth-caul. I earned my first wolfskin when I was still a whelp. I've been fighting every single day of my life, son. Perhaps you're today's challenge, eh?

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
sounds good, this tavern brawl has been an on-going work in progress. i will make the proper changes, and thank you for the suggestions.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,766 posts
  • Faction: Iron Flames and Space Wolves
Considering my first turn slaughter in every round, I'd say the Scouts might be a tad weak. I'll try and think of ways to improve them.
Signature not compliant with forum rules
Hidden Content

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
looks like the old tavern is in need of a reno! and I'm all for it. I agree about the Wolf Scout, I've always felt like there was something missing with him! all the input and help are welcomed!!! and I have a feeling future brawls will get better and better as we keep improving the rules. But not to take away from the current inglorious brawler Tig, I still have to say that his performance was on the third brawl was impressive. We've had other Grey Hunters in the past... I was just rolling good. But I agree with Decoy, it's time to get this tavern balanced for everyone.

Nacho Wolf

Nacho Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 301 posts
BLOODY HELL!
Kudos to you TiguriusX... but I'll get revenge some day
QUOTE (Steingrimr)
*Strokes big viking beard* Girl? What is girl?

Decoy

Decoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,508 posts
  • Faction: D'koi 13th Company
Honestly, I think the best fix for the hunter would be just removing Rending. Keep the D6 and all that, because it makes sense, but ignoring armor in a fight where armor is more vital than on the tabletop seems to be potentially devastating.

Also, can we include attacks for the Iron Priest's servo-arm? Just count it as one S8 attack that, say, ignores HP&B?

More than anything Mav, how would you feel about delaying the next brawl just a bit and having a sit-down, figuring out such things and testing them a bit?
QUOTE (Grey Mage)
Annihilation is always a Victory Condition.

QUOTE (Codex: Space Wolves)
You call yourselves true warriors, with your palaces and fountains, your medals and parades? I grasped my first axe when I was still in my birth-caul. I earned my first wolfskin when I was still a whelp. I've been fighting every single day of my life, son. Perhaps you're today's challenge, eh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users