BA - How to Deathstar Terminators?

syypher

For a mixed Mech list for my Flesh Tearers I sometimes run a 5 TH/SS TDA squad with a TDA Priest and a TDA/SS Libby in a Crusader with EA. Its kinda a self contained deathstar that adds a punch to the speartip I throw downfield when i feel like punching an army in the nose.

It depends on your army, but a termie deathstar can definitely be in the cards depending on how aggressive you want to be.

regardless of statistics or the ethos of a BA list i feel a LR termie squad can definitely make your opponent sweat. Its always worked wonders for me and i rarely make it the focus of my offensive. If you play it as you would a LR full of Death Company or a similar flashy unit you wont go wrong.

It is around... 720 points so it will run a good chunk of a 2500 pt list, but ive always found it earning its points back in one way or another.

I'd consider that you can get the Land Raiders cheaper if you buy them for the assault squads then use them for deck chair options.

I'm planning on running my Terminators with a priest with Power Weapon and a Librarain with unleash and sanguine sword.

Have a couple of LC's in there and you got S5 I5 Lightning Claws and an I5 S5 Power Weapon and then unleash on top allowing those re rolls to hit. and thats all before the TH strike then the enemy at I1 for next turn :D

I think you have to conisder that although the support options are more expensive i would say they are better than their marine counter parts.

Imagine a Predator with 3 Lascannon's in a marine dex need to move 6" to get a shoot then you can only shoot 1 of the weapons.

Now imagine the BA Pred with the same moves 6" and can still fire all weapons and if you move 12" you shoot 1 thats a massive difference and all for only 15pts more?

If you consider it in terms of the base model then by paying 15pts you can move twice as fast and still be as effective.

I have had monumental success with the following unit:

Librarian (Shield+Unleash Rage)

Corbulo

Assault Terminators (3 with TH/SS)

LRR (with Multi-Melta)

Not taking too many guys lets you have the Redeemer and shaves a few points off the overall unit. Corbulo hits like a ton of bricks on the charge, and provides the normal priest benefits with a much tougher package. I don't upgrade the Librarian because TDA takes me over the limit and his main job is Shielding and then Raging on the 1st turn of combat, after that I don't care about him too much. The three TH/SS give nice toughness against equally mean things while two LCs take advantage of Corbulo's FC.

This fits nicely into every Mech list I've ever run successfully and I have something like a 85-90% wih rate with the main list this is in (got me to 'Ard Boyz round 2 once.)

I've started doing this recently.

The best combo (if you have the points is)

Land Raider Crusader

Librarian in Terminator Armour with SS and Epistolary upgrade (Blood Lance and Sword)

Reclusiarch in Terminator Armour with Combi Melta

Sanguinary Priest in Terminator Armour

5 Lightning Claw Terminators

You get 2 str 8 shooting attacks followed by

4 Initiative 6 PW attacks with preferred enemy

Then 3 Initiative 5 Str 10 pw attacks with preferred enemy

3 initiative 5 str 5 pw attacks with preferred enemy

and finally 20 pw attacks str 5 i 5 that reroll hits and wounds

Forget the th ss hitting at I5 is more important.

That unit will massacre anything but Grey Knights w/ Halberds or some of the crazier Eldar / Dark Eldare high initiative pw units

I still find it amazing that NOBODY ever mentions the 2 most awesome aspects of Land Raiders in relation to BAs. :( :huh: ;)

#1: We have more than ANY other Chapter, so I use 2 (an LRR for my DC, and an LRC for my TDA Deathstar) as well as an SR full of goodies to keep the party rockin'!

#2: OURS CAN DEEPSTRIKE!!! So I MOST DEFINITELY do that with my DC party bus, much to the surprise of everyone I've played. :eek :wub: :eek

I think the double Land raider is an excellent choice. I play templars as my other army and if the points are 1750 or higher, I bring two.

For BA, a Redeemer with a termie reclusiarch and 5 assault termies will sit you at around 600pts but will kill anything in the game.

Then pack a second LR, C or R, with a stock assault squad and a sang priest will come in around 500. Leaves you 650pts to fit 3 or 4 five man assault squads to DS for late game contests, armor popping. or you can have 2 or 3 razor squads for the same price. Always take Extra Armor though. PotMS will let you shoot every turn, so make sure you can move every turn.

Land Raiders are some of the most powerful pieces in the game and just one is a hand full. two will give your opponent fits. Plus it will give you a huge rush to push bricks full of death always toward your opponent. SO much fun.

:) ;) ;)

I was thinking this would make a great BA termie deathstar:

Recluisarch - terminator armor & combi melta

Sanguinary Priest - terminator armor

5x assault terminator - 3x TH/SS & 2x LC

You can bump up the number of terminators as points will allow. I'm thinking it might be interesting to experiment with just deep striking the unit and forgo a costly transport. If you really want to juice the deathstar then add an Epistolary (can cast two psychic powers per turn) in terminator armor with a stormshield - Sanguine Sword & Unleash Rage.

G :HQ:

You might want to consider fear of the darkness or blood lance for that librarian, especially if you plan on deep striking them. I'd probably go blood lance, since you don't want to scare away your assault target!

The only problem with that is when you get a Deep Strike Mishap with a LR full o' Death Company. That is a lot of points to lose all at once. Better to just deploy it IMO.

Not if it floats down and lands next to a Drop Pod w/locator beacon and a rampaging DC Dread nearby!!! ;) I have had my DP destroyed 1:150 times and even then it successfully dropped in on target. ;) The Emperor protects! Have faith. ;) Just to see the "holy crap!" face on your opponent's face when a LRR full of raging, blood-thirsty DC is worth the risk any day of the week! :P

Archived