IA: Fists of Vengeance

ringlancer

I don't like this one as much, I prefer the scheme you’ve got on the first post at the moment, the black arms work well. It does need some changes though. Firstly, the soft armour looks odd uncoloured, how about a slightly darker grey? Secondly, the eyes don’t work being black, they should be a focal point, something that really stands out. I’d try a nice, vibrant turquoise, or maybe if you want less of a contrasting colour, a bright yellow?

Edit: Like so:

sm.php?b62c=@iabcs_hjBde.hoziq@@@@_@@hipny@.@@_iakk7@@@@@@@@@@@@_@___________..@@@_@@@@@@@@@.iakk7&grid=TRUE

Edit edit: Damn, colours are way off, anyway, you get the idea...

Beliefs

The Fists of Vengeance believe that the only true way to worship the God Emperor is through combat.

- A little odd, since the Emperor is not God of War in the Grindelor religion. While it's nice touch, it requires some kind of prologue.

But the Grindelorians do Believe that the Emperor is their God, returned to them.

Battlefields are hallowed ground, and after the successful culmination of a military campaign, the Fists of Vengeance will order the construction of monuments, shrines and cathedrals to be built, honoring the dead and glorifying the Emperor of Man.

- I would be wary of this. Indeed, there is another god, whose worship lies within battle.

Yeah, I know, and I like to dance on that edge a bit. I like my zealotry welldone, with the edges crispy, like heresy. Medium rare zealotry, while delicious, is hardly zealotry.

How's this?

Better.

May I suggest this:

sm.php?b62c=@i8M5L_hk8Yt.hozqS__@@__@hk13Y_.@@_hYbiB@@@_@@__@@_@_@_@_@__@_@__.hyvFn@@@__@@@_@__@.hQ9ge&grid=TRUE

Beliefs

The Fists of Vengeance believe that the only true way to worship the God Emperor is through combat.

- A little odd, since the Emperor is not God of War in the Grindelor religion. While it's nice touch, it requires some kind of prologue.

But the Grindelorians do Believe that the Emperor is their God, returned to them.

The "god" part is not important, the "of war" is. ^_^

For the Grindelorians, "god" and "war" are synonimous. Yes, that does put them perilously close to the path of a starchy vegetable, but there it is.

As for the colors...thank you for the suggestion, but no. I don't like the shoes, I want the black darker and I'm looking for something less fiddly to paint.

• 2 years later...

Hello all!  Back from the dead, and actively working on the Fists of Vengeance again.  I actually am in the process of painting some up!  Hopefully I'll have some pics up this weekend.  I'm not the greatest painter, and my eyes are kinda going on me (I'm 45 and need new glasses)

Yes, I have, thanks.  But not as much as I would like.  I am working more on the models first, and then fleshing it out a bit more.  Will be leaving tabletop stuff out of the IA...maybe I'll work on it some over the weekend.

sm.php?b62c=@i6yHz_hozqS.iakk7@@@@@__@@.@@_.@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@_@@@@_hyvFnhCmX3@@@@__@@@@@@@_.&

playing with scheme...

Heck, I might just do completely orange except for wings, lenses and mouth....

I think I am going to go more this route...Completely orange except for grey soft armor, Dark grey wings, Green eyes and boltgun mouth. Weapons will be dark grey/boltgun metal. I'd show you in a new image, but I can't get the painter to work for me. Insignia will be in black on orange pads. Orange it is!

Archived