Iron Gauntlet 2011

Brother Argent

Last year I ran a rather unsuccessful challenge to all and sundry I called the Iron Gauntlet Challenge. Although it failed abysmally due to many RL constraints as well as other... things... I have decided to run it again (at Ace's prodding). Last years Iron Gauntlet (Hereby IG2010) was a learning curve and I hopoe that I have taken much out of it in regards to running this years challenge. The IG2011 shall run rather differently to last years on account of the lessons I have learned. So here goes:

IRON GAUNTLET 2011

The Iron Gauntlet 2011 is a challenge designed to promote enjoyment in the hobby, development of DIY Chapters as well as encouraging feedback and comeradery amoungst members of the Liber Astartes. This year, to save my sanity and time the IG2011 will require 'signing up'. That is all interested parties must register their interest to be able to participate. Sign up closed early due to all slots being filled. If enough interest from traitor Chapters is recieved additional slots will be opened.

The main challenge of the IG2011 is for the challenger to complete and submit a Librarium worthy IA article. Note Librarium Worthy is an article that has been submitted to the Librarium staff for assesment and is added to the Librarium either during or after the close of the Challenge. Note that if resubmission is required before the article is accepted then this will (depending on the requirements of the edit before resubmission) will count in most cases as a fail of the Challenge. This article is required to be submitted before December the 31st 2011. ##Note that as stated below the Librarium is changing. Until such time as it is all worked out the challenge requirement s to simply work on your article until we here from the admin team##

=][=

Note that the Librarium is temporarily closed for business, as announced here. Moreover, you can expect some changes to the way the Librarium works when it is re-opened. This will have a significant impact on this challenge, so you'll have to re-evaluate how things are going to work.

-Brother Tyler-

=][=

Each month a challenge will be issued. These challenges will all have a painting, writing or rules part. Each challenger will re required to complete once facet of each challenge, ie. Either Painting, rules or writing. These challenges will all revolve around the creation of a DIY Chapter by the end of the year. Failure to complete these challenges will result in a failure of the challenge.

Challengers will be required to post an update of their progress in this thread each month as well as highlight any problems they are having etc.

Note that although the Chapter you undertake these challenges with does not have to be completely new, that option is more 'Hardcore'. Also Challengers may only submit one Chapter per alignment ie: One Traitor and One Loyalist.

To join the challenge simply provide your vow containing your Chapter name, your name, whether your Chapter is Loyalist or Traitor and provide a link to your Chapter IA thread.

Note that there will be no monthly challenge for January but you may work on the Chapter as soon as you have signed up.

February Challenge

Any questions or suggestions post below or PM me.

Good luck guys and away we go again.

LOYALIST

1 Stonebound - Ace Debonair

2 Marines Exemplar - Argon/Lord Tybault

3 Steel Wardens - Blacklight

4 Blazing Sons - Grey Hunter Ydalir

5 Lions of Radiance - Captain Forcystus

6 Pridelords - WingsoftheFalcon

7 Disciples of the Jackal - Sons of Terra

8 Hounds of the Hunt - Madwolf Shadowmane

9 Fists of Vengeance - ringlancer

10 Ghost Dragons - Reyner

11 Archangels Chapter - Maleagant

12 Iron Flames - Chapter Master Ignis Domus

13 Harbingers of Woe - Telveryon

14 Exculpators - Silver Phoenix

15 Void Reavers - Mordray

16 Claws of Forca - Saerivic

17 The Imperial Knights - Sousetsu

18 Lion Warriors Deus Ex Ferrum

19 Lords of Shadow - Dark Apostle Thirst

20 Aurora Lexington

21 Host Incardine - Plague Angel

TRAITOR

1 Unnamed - ringlancer

2 The Iron Guards - The Shiny One

3 Iron Dragons - Silver Phoenix

4 ? - Telveryon

5 Librarians of Madness - Wookiegunner

6 Emperor's Bastards - Neophyte of Slaanesh

7 Sons of Ixion - Yogi WITHDRAW

8 Serpent Corsairs - Battle Brother Ludovic

9 Space Rats - Jiron

10 Host of Worms - notsoevil

To join the challenge simply provide your vow containing your Chapter name, your name, whether your Chapter is Loyalist or Traitor and provide a link to your Chapter IA thread.

Sign me up, you've got your first loyalist. :P

And yes, I'll be entering the Stonebound again. To make things fair though, I'll start their IA from the top again.

EDIT: I'll post a link once I've got the new IA up and running. Watch this space! :P

And as if by magic: IA: The Stonebound 2011

Note that there will be no monthly challenge for January but you may work on the Chapter as soon as you have signed up.

Any questions or suggestions post below or PM me.

Good luck guys and away we go again.

Ah, so a month to get the outline of the chapter sorted out.

Bonza - I've got a clearer idea of what I want out of my dwarvish marines this time. ^_^

I will be more than happy to enter, but I don't really want to enter my Oblivion Knights again. They're close to done (at least, the current draft is), and I want this to be an actual challenge.

EDIT: If you'd be willing to allow it, I would like to submit the Marines Exemplar as a joint entry between myself and Lord Tybault. The link to the IA (rather, the planning for the IA) can be found in my sig.

Each month a challenge will be issued. These challenges will all have a painting, writing or rules part. Each challenger will re required to complete once facet of each challenge, ie. Either Painting, rules or writing. These challenges will all revolve around the creation of a DIY Chapter by the end of the year. Failure to complete these challenges will result in a failure of the challenge.

I would like a bit of clarification on this bit. Will challenges have more them one part? As in a challenge might have a rule and a painting part or will they be just painting, writing or rules. Because that painting bit scares me to death, and living in the tabletop backwater of Europe doesn't help either.

Considering I'm still working on the Origins of my Steel Wardens and haven't done much else, I might throw in. I'm with Telveryon in needing more clarification though. The nearest gaming store is an hour away plus, and their stock isn't the best. Considering I don't have a single mini in my army yet, that could make things interesting :ph34r:

EDIT: Ya know what, screw it, I'll do it. Toss my Steel Wardens in as Loyalists.

The nearest gaming store is an hour away plus, and their stock isn't the best.

Bah! If I had a store an hour away, I'd count it as a major blessing! The nearest gaming store to me is in an neighboring country!

Bah! If I had a store an hour away, I'd count it as a major blessing! The nearest gaming store to me is in an neighboring country!

Yeah I can definitely see where you're coming from! But the only Space Marine stuff they have in stock is one bike box and an assault marine box, last I checked. Though the guy that runs the place's Warhammer section said he would custom order anything I needed, so I guess I got lucky there :ph34r:

Sign me up SP!

I'll sign my Blazing Sons up and they are, of course, Loyalist. I want these guys to get done and if nothing else, the challenge looming over my head will force me to buck up and do something!

The painting might be a bit of a thorny issue, since I have no paints bar a can of black basecoat spray, no brushes, my glue has gone hard and my models are all packed away in prep for tomorrows move-fun-time-lalapalooza.

Well, maybe in the near future the painting can be done. By near future I mean not quite so near as the next week or so. :lol:

Well im a total noob and my Chapter isnt much yet but I think I'll go ahead and hop into this as a Loyalist.

Who knows it may be just the kick in the butt needed to make a really good IA.

Besides the Lions of Radiance never back down from a challenge, even with odds stacked against them

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=218340

Its not in IA format yet, but will be eventually. Just wanted all the info together first

Now that denotes a hardcore 40k fan. :(

If I've understood SP's post right, then the challenges will include multiple options.

For instance, build & paint Captain X of your chapter, or write a story about Captain X, or make up some rules for Captain X.

Although if you have to model the entire chapter for one of the challenges, that could be a bit tricky. :P

well after my last jump into one of these, i think i am gonna just site and watch the fun, and maybe work on something on the side with out the stress of competing leaves in me, so fun fun and good luck to all who enter

well then i will throw my knights of tigress into the the hat, if selected or not i am gonna be going along with this, if it helps me get them into the elilte listing of the Librarium i am all for it

I think I'm Loyalist 11, but since not all of the ones above have links, let's see if I make the cut.

I, WookieeGunner, do vow to create per the Iron Gauntlet rules the chapter Angels Tempest and to document this chapter at http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=219097 .

Hmm. If you have to have the link to an honest-to-the-Emperor still actively-updated IA, then I won't make the cut despite being the first volunteer. :)

Otherwise, that's what my signature is for! :P

Archived