Iron Gauntlet 2011

Brother Argent

I think I'm going to have to pass on this year's Challenge, got a lot going on, both in RL and working on other stuff for the hobby. I'll just have to fall back on my bragging rights as the only person (I think?) to complete all of the IG2010 Challenges! :lol:

However, I'll be happy to help out with commenting (in particular, I'll be damned if we can't finally get Ace's Stonebound and GHY's Blazing Sons ready for the Librarium! :( )

Edit: Assuming the Librarium is back up and running before the end of the year, obviously! :P

Good lord, I go to work for aday and look what happens... All the Loyalist spots filled and I din't even talke up[ the challenge myself :lol:

Glad to see that so many are so eager. To answer a few questions raised before moving on further:

So I can submit my existing Index Astartes and get it up to Librarium standard?

Yep, all Chapters are welcome. The Iron Gauntlet was originally about trying to create brand spanking new Chapters but I it has evolved to be a all comers challenge.

If you'd be willing to allow it, I would like to submit the Marines Exemplar as a joint entry between myself and Lord Tybault

I'm willing to allow it, however I expect you to either doubly complete monthly challenges or complete to options thereof. (one from each of you)

Will challenges have more them one part?

Yes they will have more then one part but you are only required to complete one part of each monthly challenge to succeed the challenge. This is because the challenges last year were to restrictive and I felt in the long run excluded many here on Liber and in the end made the whole challenge less enjoyable. So challenges may have multiple parts but you will only be required to complete one part.

That done I think I'll open up some more slots, in particularly for Loyalists. I'm also glad we have got a few Traitors this year.

So please post your IA links asap to promote comments from the other challengers. Now to update the first post.

You said you'd be willing to extend the number of slots available. Should the be the case, I, Telveryon (man did that sound corny), call dibs on the first loyalist slot available with a new Chapter I'd like to call Harbingers of Woe.

If no new Loyalist slots are made available, then sign me up with Heralds of Enlightenment for the Traitors.

I'll make the thread for the article once I know what I'll be working on.

Opened up 10 new loyalist slots, I do this because I suspect some may fail early in the Challenge (although I hope not. Note that there will be no more loyalist slots available once the twenty is filled (already up to 14).

Telveryon, can I convince you to perhaps do both :) We need more Traitors and besides, I'm going to a Loyalist and a Traitor.

Of course in the unlikely case that all the traitor and Loyalist spots fill then there might be some alterations, etc.

And, of course, if the slots fill I'll just drop myself from the slots and add myself as a "I have to do it 'cause its my challenge' slot. :)

Telveryon, can I convince you to perhaps do both :) We need more Traitors and besides, I'm going to a Loyalist and a Traitor.

I'm going to hate myself at the end of the year, but very well! Sign me up for both!

I want my mommy!

I've got a chapter in the works for more then two years and it's still not finished, how am I going to make two in one year?! I must be completely insane!

I've got a chapter in the works for more then two years and it's still not finished, how am I going to make two in one year?! I must be completely insane!

Should make for interesting chapters, at least. :)

Hmmm, that might change things a little. Any idea on a time frame when things may be back towards normal (as in accepting submissions)? Steep ask I know but hey, thats what I do.

Not really unfortunately, it's a very flexible timeframe we're operating on. In other words, no idea :)

I, a Spectacular Pain in the Ass*, pledge to appear to do something productive but fail miserably at every opportunity - as long as it doesn't involve more than attempting to get words onto a page.**

*:lol:

**How was that for vague and confusing?

EDIT: That'll be a Loyalist Chapter, which I should mention.

EDIT EDIT: A Chapter As Yet To Be Named

Potentially, depending on how the inital work proceeds I might even venture a Traitor Warband but dont hold me to that.

I'm pretty sure I signed up for this last year and then fell off the face of the planet. HOWEVER, I've been dying to get started on that new(ish) plastic daemon prince so this seems like the excuse I need. If you'll have me, that is.

So I, Neophyte of Slaanesh, vow to attempt to meet deadlines for The Emperor's Bastards, a traitor warband.

A link will be provided shortly.

Opened up 10 new loyalist slots, I do this because I suspect some may fail early in the Challenge (although I hope not. Note that there will be no more loyalist slots available once the twenty is filled (already up to 14).

Telveryon, can I convince you to perhaps do both :P We need more Traitors and besides, I'm going to a Loyalist and a Traitor.

Of course in the unlikely case that all the traitor and Loyalist spots fill then there might be some alterations, etc.

And, of course, if the slots fill I'll just drop myself from the slots and add myself as a "I have to do it 'cause its my challenge' slot. :)

C'mon, and I spent all that money on expensive wine, large marble sculptures, various real estate, and some nice Ferraris.

As added to the bottom of the OP...

=][=

Note that the Librarium is temporarily closed for business, as announced here. Moreover, you can expect some changes to the way the Librarium works when it is re-opened. This will have a significant impact on this challenge, so you'll have to re-evaluate how things are going to work.

-Brother Tyler-

=][=

I'm willing to allow it, however I expect you to either doubly complete monthly challenges or complete to options thereof. (one from each of you)

Fair enough and completely acceptable - all depending on the changes coming with the Librarium's reorganization.

As added to the bottom of the OP...

=][=

Note that the Librarium is temporarily closed for business, as announced here. Moreover, you can expect some changes to the way the Librarium works when it is re-opened. This will have a significant impact on this challenge, so you'll have to re-evaluate how things are going to work.

-Brother Tyler-

=][=

WEll the Challenge still stands as is for now. Perhaps I should update the conditin of sucess to: "Complete an article that would have been Librarium standard" or something.

Basically people keep working on your IA's, enjoy the monthly challenges and, hopefully when the whole software change thing is worked out we can re-assess/re-assign the end goal.

Hopefully we'll here back from the Admin team at some stage when they get everything sorted so I can give a finite goal but whatever they are planning, I'm sure it will b good.

WEll the Challenge still stands as is for now. Perhaps I should update the conditin of sucess to: "Complete an article that would have been Librarium standard" or something.

Speaking not as a Lexicanii but just as a fellow user of the board, please drop this idea for now. I remember the conflict the last time the Librarium was used as the standard for entry and people weren't happy about articles not being accepted, followed by the brouhaha over those not on the staff attempting to decide what "good enough for the Librarium" meant. As I recall, I was cautionary about it during the last challenge as well.

I think it's in everyone's best interests if you figure out a different metric for this year, not least because there is no concrete reopening date that you can be given for the Librarium returning to full operational status.

Archived