You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

When on an airsoft event your instinct is to push instead of rolling back with the team when you come under fire.

When left alone, you flank and get yourself into cqb on every possible occasion.

Can't resist commenting... especially the latter is true. Nothing so rewarding as a flanking maneuver followed by a killing spree on some unsuspecting "heretics". As for the former, the instinct is indeed there, too bad it's usually quite "suicidal" to follow it :)

When on an airsoft event your instinct is to push instead of rolling back with the team when you come under fire.

When left alone, you flank and get yourself into cqb on every possible occasion.

Can't resist commenting... especially the latter is true. Nothing so rewarding as a flanking maneuver followed by a killing spree on some unsuspecting "heretics". As for the former, the instinct is indeed there, too bad it's usually quite "suicidal" to follow it :smile.:

Actually, I did more Templary things last weekend out in the woods :D

Twice I took a newbie under my wings and called him my Neophyte. The first one "died" quickly as he showed his back to the enemy. The other actually got the reference and called me Brother Initiate. It was glorious.

During the last night's scenario, I managed to rally a large group of "Guardsmen" to my side by the virtue of the "push instinct" and a lot of loudly yelled commands - we have turned the tide of battle at that point.

Can't resist commenting... especially the latter is true. Nothing so rewarding as a flanking maneuver followed by a killing spree on some unsuspecting "heretics". As for the former, the instinct is indeed there, too bad it's usually quite "suicidal" to follow it :)

This is why I take a rubber knife with me when I play airsoft.

Also you know your a Black Templar when you play Halo and call the Covenant filthy Xenos

You know you're a Templar when every game you play that has an alien in it you call them a Filthy Xenos... and then a psy capable being shows up and you try to burn it as soon as possible...

You know you're a Templar when you play the good old AvP game and you try to kill both Aliens and Predators as a human... in close combat :cool.:

All this talk of close combat weapons reminds me that the writer of the Black Templars codex, or at least I believe it was he, said in White Dwarf that while they loved close combat, Black Templars still used bolters. Something along the lines of "they're not Blood Angels."

Of course, I don't remember which White Dwarf he stated that in and it's not in English anyway, so yeah...

All this talk of close combat weapons reminds me that the writer of the Black Templars codex, or at least I believe it was he, said in White Dwarf that while they loved close combat, Black Templars still used bolters. Something along the lines of "they're not Blood Angels."

Of course, I don't remember which White Dwarf he stated that in and it's not in English anyway, so yeah...

Because Blood Angels don't use Bolters...

;)

That's not surprising.

The Damnation Crusade graphic novel also has a mention on using the right weapon for the right job. There's the part where the BT front-line apparently retreats to draw the enemy into their heavy guns (on dreads and tanks not devastators) and there's also this section :

http://reho.st/self/c3b71694280df78a3051491a2973b729e265d9ab.png

http://reho.st/self/8e5dba24182c621b4f89afccfdd5a765b98028b8.png

Welcome to the Bolter AND Chainsword, folks - where one doesn't work without the other. Remember, the most effective range for Bolter use is the same as a Pistol - ie. Close enough to see the whites of their eyes (or xenos/mutant equivalent), which roughly translates as "close enough to be certain of the total destruction of their foes". This is conveniently also close enough for charging in to beat them to death with your bare hands, should any not fall to the righteous shells of your holy Bolter. Of course, some of us are a tad impatient for the beating-to-death bit, so we forgoe the Bolter for a pistol and get stuck in a bit earlier. Both are good in the eyes of a Templar, I'm sure, although perhaps the Pistol/Chainsword look is a more 'iconic' look for us, as it is normally associated with a jumppack and not a blob of twenty mixed-armour marines. Still, got to use those glorious chained boltguns from the upgrade sprue at some point ;) Edited by Marshal Mattias

To me, in the fluff, I feel like that Templars carry all 3 weapons anyway. I mean most marines in the fluff have a combat knife and pistol in addition to their bolter and Templars just go the extra mile and hand out chainswords and power weapons instead ;)

Anyway, back on topic.

When your friend gifts you a copy of Tabletop simulator and you immediately begin watching tutorials on using 3D editing software so that you can recolor and really make the space marine models out there into proper Templars :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Tekman, ready for ETL V...

Haha, show-off!

Let me now retreat to my boxes full of unpainted, unassembled things and weep in envious rage.

you're lucky you still put them in boxes... I'm so backlogged in regards to my hobby, I had to unbox them all and place them in plastic bags... now instead of boxes upon boxes of models they are all in bags w/ labels on them... :(

Haha, show-off!

Let me now retreat to my boxes full of unpainted, unassembled things and weep in envious rage.

Use that rage with Paint and Brush brother, be the champion the ETL needs you to be.

Nice Tekman, ready for ETL V...

The big toys are on their way from the forge rock of plastic crack. Not properly shown are two Knights (castigator and melee funhouse) a box with literally chaplains and half those Land's raider need to be repainted cause to be frank I was a :censored: painter and probably still am but at least now it's uniform!

Edited by Tekman

When you are checking your detachment special rules on Battlescribe and you spot the hand of our own Acebaur hidden away in the summary...

"The Lost Librarius: May not take Libarians(Filthy Witches!) in a Black Templar Detachment"

...and it brings a smile to your face!