You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

By the Emperor....

I cannot believe my thread still lives on. I should have had the Faith to believe in it. 

Though my personal crusade has taken a long hiatus (got out of the hobby for years) and continues to do so, it warms my two hearts to know you all kept it Eternal. In some way, I still maintain a eternal crusade from beyond the grave. 

Maybe one day I shall rise again.... 

Euthanized Neophytes Willing test subjects, a poking stick Paddelum, and ample voltage science!

Smells technoheretical.

I can't decide how much I should care . . . maybe I'll ask the Mechanicus.

Edited by Servant of Dante

When you realize, 5 years in, that you're pretty much OCD about actually SHARPENING each and every sword that's not "up to par". Especially the metal ones.

"No, I don't care that my Sword Brother rolled three 1s, because that model can cut down a :cuss tree!"

• 2 weeks later...

When you have been away, tempted by the silver witches and on a random enquiry search, get directed to this thread and spend over an hour catching up, then sort all your spares out to figure how long it would take to become a Templar again.

My penance will be to paint a new Imperial Knight in Templar colours.

• 3 weeks later...

So a bit of a confession. I am starting deathwatch, and I decided to use a pair of librarians today alongside some Templars. Grimaldus was present with the Templars and both Librarians stayed near him the whole game. The very first psychic power I cast was a buff to his squad, the Librarian periled, rolled a one, and failed the following leadership check.

Two things happened following that. First, I pointed at the model and looked my enemy in the eye and said, "And people wonder why I play Templars." The second is that I've started to believe it was not the warp, but Grimaldus himself who slew the Librarian in question for using a power on his own squad.

The second Librarian periled twice when using shooting attacks. Once he was wounded because Grimaldus probably smacked him for using that psychic nonsense (he was near him when he did it), and the second was when the Librarian wasn't attached so I assume Grimaldus got tired of his shenanigans and shot him with his pistol. This continues the tradition of any psychic models I use will always die to their own bad luck, mishaps, or perils. I can count on one hand the number of pyskers I've put on the field over the years that have died to enemy fire. My army has always been Templars even before I knew they were. They just needed to teach me why you should never trust psykers,  kittens, or psyker kittens.

So you know you might be a Templar when no witch ever dies to enemy hands. They always die to your own hands, regardless of whether or not they are considered 'friendly.'

Hmmm, I love the smell of Burnt witch.

When? In the Morning?

NO!!!   24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I can now say that again, my GK Witch has departed for homes new.

So, you know you are a Black Templar when... you give the Blood Angel Space Hulk Librarian that you painted as a Grey Knight away so you are no longer tainted. :tongue.:

Hammerhand = Grey Knight zeal, thats all it is.

Banish Demon = Grey Knight zeal, told you what that is. :biggrin.:

Sanctuary = Grey Knight luck that is.

Oh okay, even the Battle Brothers are Witches. :unsure.:

+ ABSOLUTE AND TOTAL SPOILER OF "PRAETORIAN OF DORN" FOLLOWS!!! +

When your Templar soul shudders with you to see such a display from your Legion's Primarch.

To quote from the spoiler thread:

the simplest way to describe it is the Dorn in true Fists style intentionally lets Alpharius stab him in the shoulder, and then traps his spear with one hand, whilst chainsawing his forearms off with the other, and then proceeds to carve a large canyon through his thorax and abdomen in a single strike after that, finally finishing off the dumbstruck Alpharius by chainsawing his head in half....
[...]
Letting Alpharius stab him in the shoulder wasn't the plan - Alpharius feinted in order to look vulnerable, and would have killed Dorn in a single 'perfect' thrust if it wasn't for his Huscarl's intervention - the implication is that he disrupted the 'perfect' blow enabling Dorn to take the thrust in his shoulder.

[...]

It actually was, and the most badass part, Dorn didn't say a thing, just grim-faced butcher the whole time....

+ BRUTAL ZEAL! +

By the Emperor....

I cannot believe my thread still lives on. I should have had the Faith to believe in it. 

Though my personal crusade has taken a long hiatus (got out of the hobby for years) and continues to do so, it warms my two hearts to know you all kept it Eternal. In some way, I still maintain a eternal crusade from beyond the grave. 

Maybe one day I shall rise again.... 

This thread is eternal brother, just like our Crusade ;)

...when you drop your Skyhammer directly in your opponents face and your 5 man dev combat squad then tanks a whole round of shooting with only 2 losses before being charged by a 10 man dire avenger squad.  The dire avengers fail to kill a single Initiate because the Emperor protects and in return lose 3 guys themselves. They  in consequence lose combat and get ripped to shreds by the Templar's sweeping advance.

So a bit of a confession. I am starting deathwatch, and I decided to use a pair of librarians today alongside some Templars. Grimaldus was present with the Templars and both Librarians stayed near him the whole game. The very first psychic power I cast was a buff to his squad, the Librarian periled, rolled a one, and failed the following leadership check.

Two things happened following that. First, I pointed at the model and looked my enemy in the eye and said, "And people wonder why I play Templars." The second is that I've started to believe it was not the warp, but Grimaldus himself who slew the Librarian in question for using a power on his own squad.

The second Librarian periled twice when using shooting attacks. Once he was wounded because Grimaldus probably smacked him for using that psychic nonsense (he was near him when he did it), and the second was when the Librarian wasn't attached so I assume Grimaldus got tired of his shenanigans and shot him with his pistol. This continues the tradition of any psychic models I use will always die to their own bad luck, mishaps, or perils. I can count on one hand the number of pyskers I've put on the field over the years that have died to enemy fire. My army has always been Templars even before I knew they were. They just needed to teach me why you should never trust psykers,  kittens, or psyker kittens.

So you know you might be a Templar when no witch ever dies to enemy hands. They always die to your own hands, regardless of whether or not they are considered 'friendly.'

*Sister nods approvingly*

When your zeal burns so hotly, the fires of Khorne's realm feel cold in comparison.

Black Templars: "Khorne is a pansy! You call this 'hellfire'? This realm is so frosty, a mortuary can use it as a cold chamber! Tell your brainless master to ask Tzeentch to correct his vocabulary, foul heretic!"