You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

You know you're a Black Templar when you barge into a live-action roleplaying game that has nothing to do with Games Workshop or even science-fiction in general dressed as a Black Templar and nobody dares to comment that you have nothing to do here.

You also win the best costume award.

Mainly because you had a working chainsword and bolt pistol.

You refuse to play The Old Republic because every character in there is either a witch, a tolerator of witches or a slave of witches.

You refuse to play Mass Effect as well until you learn you can wipe out several alien species. And so you spend hours plotting out how to achieve maximal xenocide in one playthrough.

You know you're a Black Templar when...

After having your Vindicator and Rhino popped by EMPEROR-DAMNED Salamander meltas on the first turn you resolve to assault literally every unit in reach and show them the error of their ways! I actually eliminated 3 tac squads and almost squashed an assault squad had Vulkan He'stan not intervened.

Also you guys have any tips for keeping said transports/tanks safe from Bray'Arth and DP melts squads. I'm not having too good of luck staying safe atm.

I tend to bubble wrap my tanks the first turn or two. Actually had the IG guys laughing at the FLGS because I was stealing their tricks :D

Neophytes are really handy for this, having a couple big Crusader squads can help you cover a large portion of the table so just deploy your tanks and leave the guys out around them. If the enemy can't get within 8-12" (for most melta and similar weapons) they're stuck wasting those shots on scout models... then incurring the wrath of some very pissed off Initiates the next turn.

You know you're a Black Templar when...

After having your Vindicator and Rhino popped by EMPEROR-DAMNED Salamander meltas on the first turn you resolve to assault literally every unit in reach and show them the error of their ways! I actually eliminated 3 tac squads and almost squashed an assault squad had Vulkan He'stan not intervened.

Also you guys have any tips for keeping said transports/tanks safe from Bray'Arth and DP melts squads. I'm not having too good of luck staying safe atm.

I once had a game against the salamanders where I had three land raiders with squads wrapping them to protect against the storm of ironclads and melta tacs. The best he did was immobilize one. Between the focused dakka and the wall of infantry that charged as one it didn't go well for him.

This was before overwatch was a thing though.

Getting back on topic... ;)

You know you're a Black Templar when your little brother introduces you to 'Battlefleet Gothic: Armada' and you auto-pick an Imperial Fist fleet, and upgrade it entirely around a reclusiarch and as many marines as possible, ramming them into enemy ships and launching boarding actions at every opportunity.

"That's not a very competitive build, bro."

"But it is the Black Templar way, young Neophyte."

Also the ships are called:

'Bulwark of Dorn'

'Blade of Sigismund'

and

'Pointy Stick of the Emperor'

Even a Templar can have a sense of whimsy.

Edited by Marshal Mattias

I need to get that game :D

You know you're a Templar when you see this:

99560101403_SokarPatternStormbird01.jpg\

The Sokar Pattern Stormbird which has a massive troop transport, ability to transport tanks and the capability to fire Orbital Bombardments...

and you're thinking: that's the Templar's primary tactic at war... Orbital Bombardment before Orbital Assault... and you ask the 1st representative of FW open day that you see if it comes in black and can be filled with zeal.

You know your a  Templar when You drink the blood of xenos, witches and heretics mixed with the tears of a million eldar women who were then burned alive from a chalice.............which is the size of a bucket. 

Fixed that for you.

good catch! Cross your T's and dot your I's

You know your a  Templar when You drink the blood of xenos, witches and heretics mixed with the tears of a million eldar women who were then burned alive from a chalice.............which is the size of a bucket. 

Fixed that for you.

For any Black Templar with the rank of Initiate and above, I'm assuming the chalice is the size of a keg. For any Black Templar with the rank of Sword Brethren and above, the chalice will probably be large enough for a Space Marine Dreadnought to bathe in.

For a Black Templar like Reclusiarch Grimaldus, he has a Mars Pattern Warlord Titan as a dedicated cupbearer for his chalice of xeno blood and tears.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

when people ask why you have a iron cross scribbled on all your stuff.

I know this is a post from 5 years ago, but since the thread is alive, I hope everyone realizes the Black Templar symbol is a modified Maltese cross. The "iron cross" is a Nazi symbol. So they are probably asking you to see if you're a wackadoodle.

I know this is a post from 5 years ago, but since the thread is alive, I hope everyone realizes the Black Templar symbol is a modified Maltese cross. The "iron cross" is a Nazi symbol. So they are probably asking you to see if you're a wackadoodle.

The Iron Cross does NOT become a Nazi symbol unless the swastika is superimposed upon it, as noted in this Anti-Defamation League article. As a military award, it actually dates back to the Napoleonic Wars, as noted in its Wikipedia article.

The Iron Cross does NOT become a Nazi symbol unless the swastika is superimposed upon it, as noted in this Anti-Defamation League article. As a military award, it actually dates back to the Napoleonic Wars, as noted in its Wikipedia article.

In today's popculture, all sources of the Iron Cross are post-Nazi, the surfers wore medals from their fathers' trophy chests, same goes for bikers and their Cross / Stahlhelm affinity.

And let's get back on topic.