You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

This is probably one of the more enjoyable sub-forums. But hey, what do I expect from a bunch of space catholics who crash Thunderhawks into enemies to increase charge distance. That is exploit taken to a new level. I need to try that :D

Seriously though, I may be out of 40k for the time being, but the new Templar fluff from Cadia is making me consider returning. That, and the large amount of religious fanatism. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside :3

If you have ever crashed a crippled vessel into the heart of an enemy formation then poured out of the wreckage so you could get into assault quicker...

Yes, thanks to "Fall of Cadia" this is now canon. I love this chapter.

I actually did this once with a Storm raven and it's cargo. It got shot down and scattered next to a tank I needed to kill, Marshal tanked the damage with his shield and I swarmed the tank to kill it with chainswords.

If you're going to crash your flyer into things to improve your ability to assault might I suggest a more appropriate flyer to use?

The Caestus can do with some sponson-mounted twin-linked heavy bolters to discourage enemies from launching flanking attacks while the assault ram is unloading passengers, and thus, immobilized.

You know you're a Black Templar when you ask, "How do I modify this vehicle into an Assault Transport?" and "How do I improve the effectiveness of this Assault Transport?"

...When you rank transports by suitability for ramming into your enemies so you can hit them with your sword.

EDIT:

...when this leads to you referring to said vehicles by their ranking on the list rather than by name. "I think I'll use number seven today..."

Edited by Fulkes

The Caestus can do with some sponson-mounted twin-linked heavy bolters to discourage enemies from launching flanking attacks while the assault ram is unloading passengers, and thus, immobilized.

This line of thought was abandoned as during initial field trials, they kept burning off during re-entry. Also, technicians observed that after the "big bang" from ramming, most opponent were too stunned to respond to the assault. ;)

You know you're a Black Templar when you ask, "How do I modify this vehicle into an Assault Transport?" and "How do I improve the effectiveness of this Assault Transport?"

Take multiples. They are a lot harder to deal with when you have more than one on the table.

i know this has been covered previously but,

When this will absolutely be making an entry into your crusade:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Legio-Custodes-Contemptor-Galatus-Dreadnought

i know this has been covered previously but,

When this will absolutely be making an entry into your crusade:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Legio-Custodes-Contemptor-Galatus-Dreadnought

Has been spotted, has been zealously vowed to be templarified at first sight by myself and at least two other Brethren. Welcome to the fold!

...When you rank transports by suitability for ramming into your enemies so you can hit them with your sword.

EDIT:

...when this leads to you referring to said vehicles by their ranking on the list rather than by name. "I think I'll use number seven today..."

I think Templars refer to vehicles by notable kills their Machine Spirits made via Tank Shock and ramming attacks- yes, even flyers and skimmers can use Tank Shock, when a determined Templar is at the controls.

Black Templars Captain: "I will ride Immortan Joe's Doom into battle."

Black Templars Techmarine: "I will start Land Raider Redeemer Number Four's engines, My Lord."

Was on a ship last week, noticed that it's home port was Valletta but it didn't register until I was up on the top deck taking some pics of Melbourne and saw the flag flying.. nice!  (And no it wasn't the Eternal Crusader :happy.:)

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o18/Essexkiwi/ship%20flag_zpsnu4ucjhd.jpg

When this is how you accept even an insinuated challenge to a Brother

All I want to know is what corner of the galaxy will the Night Lords run to when the Lion shows up.

The DA seem to make a habit of kicking their tails every time they get together and I want to make sure I have enough popcorn.

That implies we are united again, also don't you Angels have your shame to deal with (The Fallen) your not a Legion now you don't scare us.

+ BUT WE STILL ARE, TRAITOR SCUM +
+ WE ARE AND WE REMEMBER +
+ WE AWAITED YOU AT THE EDGE OF THE EYE FOR THE FIRST TIME +

+ AND WE ARE THERE FOR THE THIRTEENTH +

+ COME AT ME, HERETIC +

Kastor Krieg, on 21 Jan 2017 - 5:57 PM, said:http://bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_images/carbon_red/snapback.png

Noctem Cultor, on 21 Jan 2017 - 1:25 PM, said:http://bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_images/carbon_red/snapback.png

Honda, on 21 Jan 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:http://bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_images/carbon_red/snapback.png

All I want to know is what corner of the galaxy will the Night Lords run to when the Lion shows up.

The DA seem to make a habit of kicking their tails every time they get together and I want to make sure I have enough popcorn.

That implies we are united again, also don't you Angels have your shame to deal with (The Fallen) your not a Legion now you don't scare us.

+ BUT WE STILL ARE, TRAITOR SCUM +

+ WE ARE AND WE REMEMBER +

+ WE AWAITED YOU AT THE EDGE OF THE EYE FOR THE FIRST TIME +

+ AND WE ARE THERE FOR THE THIRTEENTH +

+ COME AT ME, HERETIC +

Truly epic response. Well done brother!

When following a flowing, growing comment on another topic, you spend 10 minutes at work day dreaming about just how FREAKING AWSOME an EC on a bike would be.

Traitors would drown in the levels of ZEAL pouring off this guy.

Oh dear, I need an EC and a Bike. He could be used as a Sword Brother, but he would look truly EPIC!!!

So, in a recent Miniwargaming battlerepirt, the witch Greyfax prevented an Emperor's Champion from killing a Daemon Prince of Tzeentch. The DP had a warlord trait that let him reroll ones on a bunch of stuff including saves. I can't remember the specificas, but between that and relics and whatnot he had a 2+ armour rerolling 1s and got 2+ cover rerolling 1s when he jinked. By the time the Crusader squad with Greyfax a priest and an emperor's champion charged in he had lost 1 wound.

The priest sang a war hymn (using the litanies of faith) to let everyone refill saves, but it was really all for the Emperor's Champion since he was in a challenge with the DP who had an AP 3 weapon. The prince (through reroll and warpy shenanigans - they were using the new warp card deck thing) ended up wounding the EC 7 times.wounds which the EC proceeded to tank, only taking one thanks to the priest providing rerolls. The. The EC gets 3 hits on the DP, and rolls 2 sixes on the to-wound roll! 2 Instant death wounds! The DP rolls his invuln (he gets to reroll 1s) and gets a 4 and a 5. The DP is dead! . . . Or he would have been if Greyfax hadn't shot the DP with her Condemner boltgun in the shooting phase. The DP rolled a six for the perils result and passed his Ld test, so he had a 3++ and survived the EC's zealous assault.

Not that this is news to any of you. You all knew you couldn't trust that witch :P

Edited by Servant of Dante

Well DPs are always AP 2 since they have the smash rule but yes, you can never trust a witch. I do plan on getting the trio, and I do plan on making use of all of them at times, but Greyfax will only be there to help me get through overwatch and deal with random psykers that are hiding. My EC and other characters never seem to have a problem taking down the big ones.

Well DPs are always AP 2 since they have the smash rule but yes, you can never trust a witch. I do plan on getting the trio, and I do plan on making use of all of them at times, but Greyfax will only be there to help me get through overwatch and deal with random psykers that are hiding. My EC and other characters never seem to have a problem taking down the big ones.

My thoughts on Greyfax are "I have an unassembled penitent engine just laying around . . . "

Just wanted to drop this here. Cuz we are all Black Templars.

"But the greatest triumph of the hour belonged to Marshall Amalrich's Black Templars. Their Thunderhawk, hull smouldering and crippled engines belching smoke, ploughed into the muster field, disgorging the vengeful warriors of the Cruxis Crusade into the heart of the Heretical foe. Each blow struck by a Son of Dorn that day was one of pennance as much as fury, and was all the mightier for it."

FANTASTIC.