You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

Just wanted to drop this here. Cuz we are all Black Templars.

"But the greatest triumph of the hour belonged to Marshall Amalrich's Black Templars. Their Thunderhawk, hull smouldering and crippled engines belching smoke, ploughed into the muster field, disgorging the vengeful warriors of the Cruxis Crusade into the heart of the Heretical foe. Each blow struck by a Son of Dorn that day was one of pennance as much as fury, and was all the mightier for it."

FANTASTIC.

I cannot + ZEAL + this enough.

Just wanted to drop this here. Cuz we are all Black Templars.

"But the greatest triumph of the hour belonged to Marshall Amalrich's Black Templars. Their Thunderhawk, hull smouldering and crippled engines belching smoke, ploughed into the muster field, disgorging the vengeful warriors of the Cruxis Crusade into the heart of the Heretical foe. Each blow struck by a Son of Dorn that day was one of pennance as much as fury, and was all the mightier for it."

FANTASTIC.

I cannot + ZEAL + this enough.

*starts foaming at the mouth*

ZEAL Hallucinations amplified. 

My thoughts on Greyfax are "I have an unassembled penitent engine just laying around . . . "

You don't even need Greyfax's model to do that; just use the penitent engine with the female heretic. She's got her face covered too if I remember correctly, so you won't even need to give her a bionic eye.

I mean, it's not like the sisters will strap her on the engine with her armor. They'll remove it first and either melt it down for having been worn by a filthy witch or, if it's indeed sororitas armor (whether because Greyfax was one of them before discovering she was a psyker or because an order gave it to her), purify it.

Or maybe both. Overkill isn't in the Adepta Sororitas' vocabulary.

Or the vocabulary of anyone in the Imperium.

...Or in the galaxy for that matter.

Except those pansy blue-skinned goats in the Eastern Fringe.

My thoughts on Greyfax are "I have an unassembled penitent engine just laying around . . . "

You don't even need Greyfax's model to do that; just use the penitent engine with the female heretic. She's got her face covered too if I remember correctly, so you won't even need to give her a bionic eye.

I mean, it's not like the sisters will strap her on the engine with her armor. They'll remove it first and either melt it down for having been worn by a filthy witch or, if it's indeed sororitas armor (whether because Greyfax was one of them before discovering she was a psyker or because an order gave it to her), purify it.

Or maybe both. Overkill isn't in the Adepta Sororitas' vocabulary.

Or the vocabulary of anyone in the Imperium.

...Or in the galaxy for that matter.

Except those pansy blue-skinned goats in the Eastern Fringe.

I just think it would be more fun if it was easily recognizable as Greyfax :P but I get what you're saying.

I actually like the idea of a self-hating psyker in my crusade helping me kill other psykers.

Particularly since near the end of the book she is clearly afraid of what the Templar might do to her if she pisses them off.

Hmmph, a Witch with a Badge. An Inquisitorial " =][= " badge. 

A new champion surfaces...

We have a Chaplain sanctified Emperors Champion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rejoice Brothers, The BNC Crusade has it's Champion.

Cower Heretics, your time has come,

Hide Witches, HIS wrath will find you,

Flee Xenos, for there is no where to run,

Stand against us Traitorus Whores, your end is at hand,

We have come to end your stain on our history, to cleanse the stars of your taint.

We will be victorious as OUR CRUSADE IS ETERNAL.

...when your devastators with heavy weapons also have chainswords.

When, in lieu of ranged weapons, your Techmarine provides your Devastators with "dual purpose" weapons, e.g., a thunder hammer with an integral heavy bolter (with shock absorbers, so you will not damage the heavy bolter when you swing the hammer housing it), a relic blade with an integral lascannon (with shock absorbers), a power axe with an integral multi-melta, an Eviscerator chainsword with an integral heavy flamer, a jump pack with an integral missile launcher (so you can suppress gunfire from enemies who'd otherwise prevent your "Assault Devastators" from bringing these cowards within reach of their swords)...

And he still advises your Devastators to carry an additional combat knife.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

...When your "Scout Snipers" are painted in a lesser chapter's colors because you would never torment a Neophyte by putting him in such a role.

... When you don't have any scout snipers in your collection, and one has a Thunder hammer.

...When your "Scout Snipers" are painted in a lesser chapter's colors because you would never torment a Neophyte by putting him in such a role.

... When you don't have any scout snipers in your collection, and one has a Thunder hammer.

When your idea of a "Scout-sniper" is a Neophyte whose Eviscerator chainsword has an integral Stalker pattern boltgun. He does not snipe at the enemy to kill in a cowardly manner, he snipes to suppress enemy gunfire that would otherwise prevent him from bringing the cowards within reach of his blade.

When you are asked if you are hyper ventilating while looking at these...

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=templar&type=&s=48#more-products

Some of the shoulder pads look real nice.

Those cataphractii ones look too good"

We have come to end your stain on our history, to cleanse the stars of your taint.

You know, when I read this the first time, I checked the calendar and think to myself that we're over 3 months away from the start of ETL VI, and the Black Templars are already in ZEAL mode... oh good grief...:eek:

You know, when I read this the first time, I checked the calendar and think to myself that we're over 3 months away from the start of ETL VI, and the Black Templars are already in ZEAL mode... oh good grief...:eek:

Wait. The Templars players on this forum have a non-ZEAL mode? Huh.