You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

12339499_1170508526312459_66169874337262

When you know the only camouflage you need is Zeal.

A more effective form of camouflage is Fear, i.e., making your enemies flee in fear of your fiery ZEAL, denying them the ability to shoot at you with any accuracy.

Now show me your war face!

Sounding a bit night lordy there... That's a paddlin.

A more effective form of camouflage is Fear, i.e., making your enemies flee in fear of your fiery ZEAL, denying them the ability to shoot at you with any accuracy.

It can be argued that these tactics are "Space Sharky" instead (or "Raven Guardy", if you believe the Chapters share the same Primarch). Besides, these tactics WORK in the 40th millennium- what do you think the Inquisition has been doing to DETER and DISCOURAGE heresy?

It can be argued that these tactics are "Space Sharky" instead (or "Raven Guardy", if you believe the Chapters share the same Primarch). Besides, these tactics WORK in the 40th millennium- what do you think the Inquisition has been doing to DETER and DISCOURAGE heresy?

We are not the Inquisition, we do not need fancy pieces of paper to prove our authority, we do not consort with mutants or witches, we do not work in the shadows, our methods are not their methods. We are the Sons of Dorn, heirs to Sigismund, our authority does not need to be proved for it has been proven on the walls of Terra and countless other worlds. We do not tolerate the witch or the mutant to exist, we draw them out into the blessed light of the Emperor no matter where they hide and made known of their sins before we wipe out their taint. We do not skulk but attack! Our hatred burns brighter than any fire, our zeal is beyond reproach, our skill has been honed against myriad foes, none can withstand our advance! When the Inquisition is gone, nothing more than a tale to frighten children, the very rumor of our approach will fill the hearts of the unclean with true fear! We are the Black Templars! In us the Great Crusade lives on and will continue to live on even though the stars themselves grow cold! For Dorn! For Sigismund!

Long story short, the fear we invoke is not our protection but rather our zeal in the ideals laid down by Sigismund the first of the Emperor's Champions and first of the High Marshals.

P.S. I don't even know if my own speech had anything to do with that point, I might have gotten a little carried away

We are not the Inquisition, we do not need fancy pieces of paper to prove our authority, we do not consort with mutants or witches, we do not work in the shadows, our methods are not their methods. We are the Sons of Dorn, heirs to Sigismund, our authority does not need to be proved for it has been proven on the walls of Terra and countless other worlds. We do not tolerate the witch or the mutant to exist, we draw them out into the blessed light of the Emperor no matter where they hide and made known of their sins before we wipe out their taint. We do not skulk but attack! Our hatred burns brighter than any fire, our zeal is beyond reproach, our skill has been honed against myriad foes, none can withstand our advance! When the Inquisition is gone, nothing more than a tale to frighten children, the very rumor of our approach will fill the hearts of the unclean with true fear! We are the Black Templars! In us the Great Crusade lives on and will continue to live on even though the stars themselves grow cold! For Dorn! For Sigismund!

Long story short, the fear we invoke is not our protection but rather our zeal in the ideals laid down by Sigismund the first of the Emperor's Champions and first of the High Marshals.

P.S. I don't even know if my own speech had anything to do with that point, I might have gotten a little carried away

<The Reclusiam quietly takes note of this display of ZEAL>

There is no such thing as getting carried away. 

Your speech venerates the Emperor, Dorn and Sigismund! 

When you play a 750+750 Templar + Ultramarines vs IG and Knight and:

• All you field is a Crusader Squad + EC + LRC + Ironclad in a drop
  • You name your Ironclad "Brother Gawain" in remembrance of the Green Knight encounter
  • He meltas the IK at half distance, causing him to lose d3 HP and then finishes the job on the charge with seismic hammers.

Booyah, Renegade! :biggrin.:

http://i.imgur.com/tEn5Mx9.png

Edited by Kastor Krieg

Most people say Ironclads suck....Most people don't play Black Templar Ironclads. Is it me or do our Ironclads have a habit of doing things that are generally unexpected....

Same with Assault Centurions.

And Assault Terminators.

And 20 man Crusader squads.

And Techmarines.

....And the entire chapter.

You might be a Black Templar when every underestimates your Chapter's stance on "Hand to Hand is always" and then is shocked when you have a lascannon in a squad....And charge with it....And win with it in hand to hand....Then blow up a tank right after....because We needed to bring fire to it....Through super concentrated light focused to the point of melting everything...yeah that seems about on par.

When you consider a Crusade to Armageddon "a jolly holiday".

When you "accidently" drop pod flea dip into the Space Wolves formation.

When it's not a matter of IF you should hit it with your sword, but of WHEN you'll hit it with your sword.

When every tactic in your army includes the step "then hit it with your sword".

When you wonder why other armies keep copying the Tau by adopting gunlines instead of kicking their enemies teeth in (this goes double for static Marine armies).

When you know that when Papa Smurf runs to tattle to Grandpa Smurf about the chapter Neophyte GM will just chuckle and send Papa Smurf on his way.

Edited by Fulkes

When you can't help burning all Harry Potter books in the supermarket

When you prey before sleeping: "This is my sword. There are many like it but this one is mine. My sword is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my +zeal+. Without me, my sword is useless. Without my sword, I am useless. I must hit true. I must hit harder than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must hit him before he hits me. I will. Before the God-Emperor I swear this creed: my sword and myself are the defenders of the Imperium, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the crusaders of my +zeal+. So be it, until there is nothing but ashes. Amen." 

Not bad coming from a total tool (currently reading Master of Mankind)

You know you're a Templar when you realize that Sigismund was right in EVERYTHING!

(While reading Master of Mankind...)

In Templar, Sigismund was shown knowing only Duty, because it binds all Astartes, not glory, not joy, not the power to conquer, but the ever present ever binding truth of Duty... something that the Emperor himself esteems above all else, not loyalty or fealty or glory, but the ever binding conviction of necessity and duty... no wonder he was proclaimed THE EMPEROR'S CHAMPION, not a Primarch, nor a Custodian, but Sigismund... because unlike other Astartes who seeks glory, he seeks only the completion of the one thing that he knows... duty...

When for ten thousand years you've known the Codex Astartes was the work of a heretic.

http://i.imgur.com/7g6eJbd.jpg

...when you decide to leave the question of heresy to the reclusiam for now, while you prepare to cleanse the too many mutant witches in this room. Suffer not...