You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

At least the slightly lesser chapters are there to keep us company.

Now if we could only fix that geneseed mutatioj that took away their zeal.

It's probably linked to the gene that let's them have psykers.

When you see TZH as the last three letters on a license plate, you start looking for a chainsword.

I think a Black Templar's reaction is to shout, "RAMMING SPEED!" as he uses this. It doesn't matter if he's driving or if he's on foot, that vehicle will be stopped, and the false gods of Chaos will spread their corruption no further.

When you see TZH as the last three letters on a license plate, you start looking for a chainsword.

I think a Black Templar's reaction is to shout, "RAMMING SPEED!" as he uses this. It doesn't matter if he's driving or if he's on foot, that vehicle will be stopped, and the false gods of Chaos will spread their corruption no further.

I'm out of practice being away from the game for 12 years. I will not make the mistake again.

You know you're a Black Templar fan when all the insurance companies of the county have a special clause about you preventing people* to get reimbursed. This clause is named "The Emperor's Will."

*Well, their families anyway, since these filthy heretics tend not to survive contact with you.

Edited by Knight of the Raven

You mispelled "Black Swords". ;)

I now await the day a LRC gets a vision from the Emperor and goes full Emperor's Champion on something.

Somewhere, there is a Black Templars Techmarine painting black the Reaper chainsword he salvaged from the wreckage of an Imperial Knight, and then mounted in place of a Land Raider Crusader's side access point (a Thunderstrike gauntlet replaces the other side access point), allowing these noble weapons to continue serving the Emperor and the Omnissiah.

When you see the new box set and are outraged at the lack of chainswords on the wannabe assault marines...

And then you look at the armour: "If those are psychic hoods, then so help me... it's crusadin' time!"

When the best thing about the new box set is there are a whole bunch more bad guys to purge.

When you remain zealously faithful that somewhere, a knight of Dorn is already turning those numarines into proper truescale crusaders, without any ridiculous ski boots or bubble heads.

Not sure if there is reading between the lines here, but I am happy to accept change coming to 8th and the models do look nice(might start another sm army). Twas just the first thing I saw when looking as its face, thought, that reminds of something...oh yes.  HERESY!! lol

Open-mindedness is the opposite of Black Templar :lol:

But seriously, I'm enjoying the rules, plot advancement, Guilli's new surge of Zeal, all of it... except the weird looking gundam marines :P
I'm not offended by the rescale, the likely slow replacement of short marines or how they have been introduced - but those particular designs are really disappointing. Given how great the Deathwatcg marines were, I don't get why they have taken such a tacky GI Joe look for some of the new Primaris. Rescaling was already demonstrably successful without such a radical step.

(This is totally the wrong thread for this debate, my bad).

You know you're a Black Templar when regardless of change, you will adapt and continue to wreck face the same way you have for 10,000 years.

For Sigismund! Edited by Marshal Mattias

When you see the new box set and are outraged at the lack of chainswords on the wannabe assault marines...

And then you look at the armour: "If those are psychic hoods, then so help me... it's crusadin' time!"

When the best thing about the new box set is there are a whole bunch more bad guys to purge.

When you remain zealously faithful that somewhere, a knight of Dorn is already turning those numarines into proper truescale crusaders, without any ridiculous ski boots or bubble heads.

Technically... since they are a brand new army per se the fluff...

Then the NuMarines aren't a true-scale version of a Primaris Space Marine if a Space Marine's Truescale is a Primaris Space Marine... therefore a Primaris would be the size of a Truescale Terminator, which makes Truescale Space Marines just the size of a non-truescaled Terminator... so...

If a Templar, turns a Primaris into a proper knight, then that would just be a Space Marine in "true scale" and if he puts extensions on the Primaris Space Marine, then that would be the true scale of a Primaris Space Marine... therefore... to avoid headache, squat Marines are still proper GW-scaled Space Marines... because if you use Primaris as the actual scale for Space Marines, then all models are no longer in scale with the true scale, leaving the true scale models the only true scale in a line of models that uses a different scale...

And in this context:

YKYABT when, Scale doesn't matter, irrelevant to size of the Astartes, or the size of the enemy's army, the scale of things is unimportant to a Templar... what matter is that his duty be done and his Crusade be Eternal...