You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

Make sure to get your can openers out when fighting Grots :P

Has anyone equipped a Black Templars infantry model with a real can opener, and claimed it's a "Loki pattern anti-armor polearm" or something similar?

Hell, if I ever send a Black Templars army into battle against the Iron Warriors, I may mount a can opener to my battle tanks' gun barrels as a "tank bayonet," just to troll my opponent.

A bit of lore about Armaggedon on this month's white dwarf.

We are mentioned a couple of times.

I wonder when will GW revisit Armaggedon, and will we be involved?

That Armageddon article is a bit pointless unless they're building up to something. That was a LOT of good stuff just out of the blue. It had a marked difference to older Armageddon fluff in that there was more focus on the first war and the connection to recent events. Perhaps it lays the foundations for an Angron return?

When you're immune to the doom & gloom threads, because you know whatever comes - Primarchs return, Warp rifts open, Emperor gets off the Throne - you will be still here, with your Brethren and still crusading.

When your friend says he feels his army needs more anti infantry and you insist he gets a Land Raider Crusader!

When you convince the same friend to switch from Iron Hands to Black Templars tactics and he loves it and asks you to teach him the ways of Templars. Becoming an Initiate and taking a Neophyte under my wing :D 

When you hear of Gallant Knights and how "broken" they are.

When it makes you want to take a 170mm oval base, make it a scenic one of an IK's height and have only an Emperor's Champion on the very top of it.

Edited by Reclusiarch Krieg

When you hear of Gallant Knights and how "broken" they are.

When it makes you want to take a 170mm oval base, make it a scenic one of an IK's height and have only and Emperor's Champion on the very top of it.

Good idea. I should assemble a Chaos Knight model, and pose it in a humiliating way- head down, posterior up, arms reaching forward as if the Traitor Scion was desperately crawling towards safety before he expired- to decorate the base of an Emperor's Champion- standing atop the Chaos Knight, the Black Sword buried in its Throne Mechanicum.

N4bllQc.jpg

+ OPHIDIUM GULF, NEVER FORGET! +

Those look like... Tau missile pods! The Dark Angels are xeno collaborators! We must purge them in the Emperor's name, and make an example of all who dare surrender humanity's rightful place in the galaxy, to xeno tyrants!

(I admit it's unlikely the Dark Angels will do this, but charges of "xeno collaboration" should get the Ordo Xenos and other Imperial loyalists on our side, when the Templars punish those deviants.)

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 2 weeks later...

You know you're a Black Templar when you successfully argue that a Chapter with 6000 Marines is Codex compliant. The Codex allows us to recruit above the limit, to account for anticipated casualties- and we anticipate HEAVY casualties in the coming battle. But even if 83% of our brothers lie dead at our feet, we will still fight on in the Emperor's name, because we are His champions! Hell, not even death will stop us from performing our duties!

Iron Hands Marine (watching 5000 Black Templars Dreadnoughts storm a Chaos Space Marine position): "For the first time in my life, I feel tempted to bear a different Primarch's gene-seed. I must perform penance for insulting Ferrus Manus."

Black Templar: "Want to borrow my spare pain glove?"

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 2 weeks later...