You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

I answered and told them to bring back our codex.

Let's hope they hear us

I don't expect them to hear us, not with so many things still in the wind (Inquisition, Sisters of Silence, Rogue Trader). I do want them to give us some focus though because as it stands it's hard to capture the old feel of the Templars. It's actually why the Indomitus Crusaders rules actually excite me much. Extra attacks and the ability to trigger exploding hits in melee helps a fair bit towards getting the old army feel back. The Reliquary helps a fair bit towards punishing psykers from getting too close to it's bearer.

Back to the thread topic though

...when you put your army on a crusade so they can prove their worth to the chapter because, you know, Primaris (they jave to free 100 worlds from the enemies of mankind or die trying is what I'm running with now).

YKYABTW you see the new look Sororitas Rhino upgrades and your first thought is how easily can I file off those Fleur De Lis?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/15/battle-sister-bulletin-part-5-vehicle-details/

YKYABTW you are immediately searching for a justification to add another two rhinos to your force since there is chapter specific doors on shapeways

YKYABTW you see the new look Sororitas Rhino upgrades and your first thought is how easily can I file off those Fleur De Lis?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/15/battle-sister-bulletin-part-5-vehicle-details/

ahh nice, the fleur is the chapter badge for my Not Templar Bretonnians in spaaaace.

Your idea of a "shotgun wedding" is to "wed" (or rather, weld) a chainsaw to a Saiga-12 shotgun, creating an appropriately Black Templars-y weapon.

Why a Saiga-12? A 12-gauge shotgun muzzle is 18.53 millimeters in diameter- very close to that of a boltgun's .75 caliber. That means it's the closest thing we can get to a real-world boltgun in 019.M3.

Be sure to invite your friends in the Iron Hands and the Adepta Sororitas to the "wedding" of your shotgun to a good chainsaw. In lieu of dancing, you may purge those unworthy of living under the Emperor's light- those who lack the will to serve His Immortal Majesty, or faith in humanity's place in the galaxy.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Let's keep the toxic bickering about Primaris to other threads. I know we're full of ZEAL, but we're also Templars, and thus above this. I say that as someone with strong opinions on the subject myself.

YOu know you're a Black Templar when you hear your friend talking about all the psychic spam mortal wounds his army is capable of and your eye starts to twitch...

Must, Resist, Urge, To, Purge...

YKYABTW, your new White Dwarf drops through the door and you go straight to the interview with Matt Hudson and bask in his Templary glory. Also present, conversion guides on making a few Primaris BTs, and a spotlight on Maxime Corbeil's take on Last Stand, with his Primaris Ancient.

Matt Hudson though, so much credit to him. The guy has had such a massive influence on how BTs look. The original artwork for the Index Astartes article was based upon his own miniatures and the concept of painting a Maltese Cross on a face was also his.

And now I need to track down that White Dwarf.

Back to the topic on hand:

...you don't consider putting transports in your lists because it decreases the number of Templars on the table

EDIT:

...you find proof of Kitten Heresy and share it for the sake of alerting your brothers to the heretical menance:

bnGKtWr.png

Edited by Fulkes

You hold snipers in such contempt, you headbutt their cowardly shots in an attempt to make the bullets/bolts/beams/streams bounce back with enough power to injure- even kill- the shooters, punishing them for lacking the courage to face your righteous fury...

And YOU SUCCEED.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When for the new apocalypse game you decide to run 3 land raider crusaders all with 15 man crusader squads and you have Grimaldus, helbrecht and the emperors champion all together leading the three.

You manage to run them up the middle securing the objective with the three LRCs tanking an entire dark angels army full of shooting which includes a fellblade and two vindicator laser destroyers for two full turns.

You manage to run them up the middle securing the objective with the three LRCs tanking an entire dark angels army full of shooting which includes a fellblade and two vindicator laser destroyers for two full turns.

Grimaldus (as his Land Raider Crusader drives atop the Dark Angels Fellblade and crushes the latter's turret, killing the Dark Angels warlord): "Your false pride in your supposed loyalty to the Imperium, is nothing in the face of our true faith in the Emperor!"

• 3 weeks later...