You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

When your Chaplin starts sweating, twitching and heavy breathing seeing the Dark Apostle in the distance, you know the current mission will be abandoned and forgotten, automatically signal to form a fighting wedge to clear the way  for the epic duel that will ensure. Allies are too scared to complain even if the battle is lost, while the duel was won. :teehee:

When your opponents say, "I'll send you to hell!" you smile at the thought of waging an eternal crusade against the Great Enemy in their own realm- meaning you're behind enemy lines, with no chance of recovery- even as you launch an attack against the opponent before you.

Win or lose, live or die, you will NEVER stop fighting for the Emperor and His Imperium.

When your opponents say, "I'll send you to hell!" you smile at the thought of waging an eternal crusade against the Great Enemy in their own realm- meaning you're behind enemy lines, with no chance of recovery- even as you launch an attack against the opponent before you.

Win or lose, live or die, you will NEVER stop fighting for the Emperor and His Imperium.

Reminder that the Doom 2016 Marine is a Templar in power armor. This is canon. Look up the "Night Sentinels"

Night Sentinels

Black Templars are Templars in power armor.

Coincidence? I think not. Probably a successor chapter.

Edited by Link2edition

• 4 weeks later...

You replace a Roboute Guilliman model's inverted omegas with the symbol of a raised fist, replace the Hand of Dominion with Dorn's Arrow, and paint the resulting model yellow.

We all know who EARNED the right to be Lord Regent of the Imperium.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 3 weeks later...

YKYABT when you read today's teaser on warhammer community and dig this thread out to let everyone know you wept a little crocodile tear after reading WE FINALLY HATE PSYKERS AGAIN! Rejoice!

You better notify Firepower about this development pronto. He will likely go purging some Xenos Psyker Kittens.

YKYABT when you read today's teaser on warhammer community and dig this thread out to let everyone know you wept a little crocodile tear after reading WE FINALLY HATE PSYKERS AGAIN! Rejoice!

You better notify Firepower about this development pronto. He will likely go purging some Xenos Psyker Kittens.

I couldn't resist:

"Awakaen, most cantankerous of Chaplains!  

Sent Today, 07:25 PM

From one Marshal Laeroth:

In case you didn't take notice in your slumber :wink:"

Let's see if the paddling of epic proportions commences... :biggrin.:

Edited by Marshal Wolfhart

• 2 weeks later...

Lesser servants of the Emperor swear, "Better to die on our feet than to live on our knees," as if that matters.

You swear, "I will die with my hands around my enemy's throat; my last breath will be spent choking the life out of him/her/it, so we may both face the Emperor's judgment."

For enemies that don't need to breathe? There's a reason you sharpened the hooks on your locking gauntlet- they're so convenient as improvised weapons, able to claw out other vital organs in a pinch!

• 3 weeks later...

When you uphold the ideal of "Humanity :censored:Yeah!" (warning: obscene language) so highly, you cheer for the Sith whenever you watch a Star Wars movie.

Because :censored: the useless "peacekeepers" who continuously ignore human rights by allowing xenos to use and abuse humans like disposable utensils.

When you look at the Lazarus Model and think "replace the helmet with a mk III Iron Helm, cut off some wings, glue a brazier to his backpacks and thats one zealous Crusader".

I want to see if I can turn him into a Chaplain - the knee skulls and spikes on his backpack vents seem perfect.

• 1 month later...

The Emperor's Champion's honor, valor, and combat skills so inspire you, you insist on adding one to all your other IMPERIAL armies.

See the Order of Our Martyred Lady member with a transplanted Black Sword, due to some Adepta Sororitas player's attempt to prove the strength of her faith is not second to a Templar's; the Leman Russ some Astra Militarum player equipped with black Extra Armor to serve as a knockoff Armor of Faith, an eviscerator chainsword-turned-bayonet fixed to its cannon to serve as a knockoff Black Sword; the black Deathwing Terminator surrounded by dead Dark Angels officers because the player wanted to make a knockoff Emperor's Champion, only for the Deathwing Terminator to prove himself worthy of Sigismund's ideals by executing the Dark Angels Inner Circle as the traitors they are; the Blakk Choppa-wielding Warboss who destroyed his own army before killing himself in penance for being a foul xeno, because the Ork player didn't take Sigismund's ideals seriously...

You deploy your army's psykers by dropping them out a bomb bay, or shooting them out a demolisher cannon. After all, the best way for a psyker to use his or her head, is to smash it against an enemy fortification's ceiling or walls.

Emperor's Champion (grabbing Ahriman by the ankles, and swinging the witch like a sledgehammer, to crack open both Ahriman's skull and a fortress wall): "Thank you for opening a path for the Marshal. We could not have reached the Despoiler without your aid."