You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

• 4 weeks later...

You tower over all your opponents- even enemy TITANS- not because you're physically larger, but because you cut down all enemies before you, beside you, behind you, below you, above you...

Black Templars Chaplain (dragging a Tau Ethereal's dismembered body towards a shrine to the Emperor): "The only 'Greater Good' is the Emperor! I will never kneel before a deluded xeno who believes himself a god!"

Tau Ethereal (crying in pain and a rising sense of dread): "I am no god, I am no god..."

Emperor's Champion (dragging a giant disembodied brain he tore out a Chaos Titan's head, towards the shrine): "None of the Emperor's enemies are allowed to stand before Him on Terra! Kneel before the Emperor- as much as your mutations allow you to- and pray He forgives you, before Death takes you!"

Titan Princeps who mutated into a giant disembodied brain, when he turned to Chaos: "Mea culpa, mea culpa..."

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Then Sigismund makes salad out of Abbadon.

Shouldn't it be "mincemeat" instead? Or...?

Abaddon (unable to raise his arms in self-defense, as the limbs have mutated into spinach leaves, which the Emperor's Champion is now cutting up): "I should have known better than to trust Tzeentch when that bastard god offered to increase my physical strength."

• 3 weeks later...

You KNOW the language of prayer is not High Gothic, but the sound of metal scraping against metal, i.e., of your sword sliding between your enemy's armor plates to reach his vital organs and end him as a threat to the Imperium the Emperor built.

You will not stop praying in this manner until you either end all threats to the Imperium, or until you die, whichever comes first.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 1 month later...

when you hear this and think "this is really heartwariming"

Did you guys notice that the prayer the narrator says in the teaser is from the old codex? It's the Suffer Not the Unclean to Live vow

Yeah I was super hyped once I started hearing the speech, I think this will be what we were supposed to get during 6th and whoever is writing it clearly likes us or has at least put enough effort to look at what we had and build upon it just like every other chapter has had their mechanics carried over and expanded edition after edition because to me once I started hearing the Emperor's Champion vow the only thing I kept thinking was "They remembered!" so maybe all these rumors of Vows coming in some way are true and thats absolutely hype as heck, easily one of the main reasons I play Black Templars.

It's not only that they had the EC reciting the vow literally verbatim from the 4th ed book, it's all the subtlety that was tied in along with it. 

Think of the introduction, which was basically the reveal of the octarius (however it is spelled) campaign, a huge war is going on in an entire system, and imperial interjection is unavoidable. A crusade fleet heading into the system KNOWS they are going to see combat, and what do Templars do on the eve of such an event? They gather, they pray, and a marine is granted the vision. This is all represented by that image of him kneeling before the alter, after all of us being told a massive war is on the horizon. It was masterful. 

They open the scene with the vow, because before we went into battle, we had to choose one right? Their vow is sworn and the crusade has begun, this is a subtle clue that our refresh is coming and it is going to be big. 

The other bit, is the EC's backpack. Pure homage to our previous upgrade sprue, indicating another is on the way, and will be in keeping with the times. 

Just in these few things, it is absolutely clear to me someone went through that 4th edition codex with enough time and care to understand where it is the chapter comes from, and where we want it to be. 

That reveal was.............. revealing....

..when you re-watch the teaser trailer and still gives you chills like it was the first time watching it.  

When you keep rewatching the teaser trailer just to listed to the clear pause and intent of the stress on DORN

He's coming back, in black. 

+ GENTLEMEN, START YOUR CHAINSWORDS! +

Edited by Reclusiarch Krieg

When you master the use of improvised weapons during a fight. What improvised weapons? The arms, legs, guts (useful as garrotes), and head (useful as a bludgeon, handheld or thrown) you tore off an enemy of the Imperium, so you can kill other enemies of the Imperium in the event you run out of ammo or your sword blade broke.

Cyborg Ninja, Metal Gear Solid: "Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon."

Cyborg Ninja (watching the Emperor's Champion grab Khârn's ankle, swing the World Eater against the ground to break Khârn's neck, and then use the corpse to beat every member of Khârn's warband): "Though I will make allowance for that."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When you're offended you need to go looking for this thread on the 2nd page.

When you're bloody proud when you ask people to mathhammer the new Argel Tal rules vs Siggy and get an answer that Sig bodies him in a single round, if Tal doesn't charge he doesn't even get to strike.

During our annual weekly meeting, our director finished his speech by saying "For the LifeCycle" (Its our name of the aftersale department).

I distinctively and autonomously said "Praise Be" and everyone looked at me...

Obvious right?

.....  when after seeing the launch box late last and going to bed, you dream of slaying heretics and demons all night in a ruined castle high in the mountains with a four headed squared Thunder Hammer. Only for the hammer head to be replaced halfway through the battle by a sacred stone, found on the mountain side after a short dream state side quest, and placed atop the haft with metal clasps studded with small spikes. This new weapon smites with ease, turning heretic and demon to dust alike. 

.... Was that a vision? 

When you're so pumped for the new release you declare a crusade on the room in your new house with the 10 boxes of books in to recover the blessed writings of the helsreach crusade, completely ignoring the fact that your to read pile still has 9 other books on because they have no templars in and are therefore unworthy